Morrissey mentions in "Harshest Musician on Musician Insults In History"

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2011 (read-only)' started by SOUTHPAWmuse, Aug 19, 2011.

By SOUTHPAWmuse on Aug 19, 2011 at 1:51 PM
  1. SOUTHPAWmuse

SOUTHPAWmuse Junior Member

The 30 Harshest Musician-on-Musician Insults in History - Flavorpill

15. Elvis Costello on Morrissey
    “Morrissey writes wonderful song titles, but sadly he often forgets to write the song.”

9. Robert Smith on Morrissey
    “If Morrissey says not to eat meat, then I’ll eat meat — that’s how much I hate Morrissey.”

8. Morrissey on Bob Geldof
    “Bob Geldof is a nauseating character. Band Aid was the most self-righteous platform ever in the history of popular music.”

3. Morrissey on Brett Anderson
    “He’ll never forgive God for not making him Angie Bowie.”

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
    1. oliver
      oliver
      I realise this is supposed to be the "harshest" but #9 demonstrates the same level of wit as the average stroppy 12 year old. #3 never gets old and always raises a smile
    2. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      #15 - Elvis Costello is a gold-plated twat.
      Writes 1.5 good songs in his life and then seeks to ramp up his own star by rubbing shoulders with greats like Bacharach.
    3. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Elvis Costello's comment is pretty much right on target as far as the stuff Moz has done since ROTT.

Morrissey's music since Ringleader has been garbage (nice song titles though).
    4. Johnny Barleycorn
      Johnny Barleycorn
      "Anton Newcombe on Eric Clapton. “People talk about Eric Clapton. What has he ever done except throw his baby off a fuckin’ ledge and write a song about it?”

That's not harsh, it's despicable.
    5. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      "The arse of the world".
    6. mopeonarope
      mopeonarope
      ha ha this is my favourite quip

14. Noel Gallagher on Jack White
      “He looks like Zorro on doughnuts.”

:lbf:
    7. Dandy Dick
      Dandy Dick
      Newcombe is a useless crack addict with zero talent. I'm no fan of Clapton, but comments like that just show Newcombe up for the cunt that he is.
    8. Death Disco
      Death Disco
      Having skimmed past this, the quotes that stood out where "smear each other in menstrual blood", "dead moose" and "uncoiled penis". That is all I got from the effort you put into typing that shiznit. Intriguing stuff, but not enough to try to decipher a block of text. A couple of paragraphs would have made it readable.
      Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
    9. SparkleBoy
      SparkleBoy
      Quote of the month. I love this site!
    10. Highronymus Bitch
      Highronymus Bitch
      I love musician-on-musician stuff.