Morrissey mention in yesterdays Star

Thank you for the scan. The quote is very true, too many people think life is actually significant.

But Morrissey certainly acts as if life is significant -- that's not a criticism either; I believe life is significant or I wouldn't f-ng bother.

Why would he hold grudges against Mike Joyce, the judge who called him names and numberless others who have offended or wronged him over the years if "nothing and no one is important"?

But Morrissey certainly acts as if life is significant -- that's not a criticism either; I believe life is significant or I wouldn't f-ng bother.

Why would he hold grudges against Mike Joyce, the judge who called him names and numberless others who have offended or wronged him over the years if "nothing and no one is important"?

It's paradoxical but essentially consistent. When Morrissey says "nothing is important", by "nothing" he means the daily torrent of crap that people self-deceivingly call "living". Though seemingly trivial or whimsical, stealing Mars bars or kissing kittens may actually be more vitally important than going to work, raising brats, paying taxes, and so forth. A position held by Wilde (who loved Mars bars) among others.

Back
Top Bottom