Morrissey mention in a Placebo article

The Seeker of Good Songs

http://www.javno.com/en/lifestyle/clanak.php?id=31439

SING WITH PLACEBO
Become A Star Of Placebo`s New Video!
Headed by the trifle effeminate Brian Molko, Placebo are doing a new interesting project and are inviting fans to sing in their new video.

“Running Up That Hill” is a cover of the same-named Kate Bush song and Placebo`s new single, who are inviting all fans to join them in making the video, without even exiting their homes.
Every interested Placebo fan should record themselves with a camera while singing Running Up That Hill and send the tape until April 6 to the bend`s address. The final version of the video will consist of fans` recordings.
-Knowing our fans and their visual diversity, we expect very creative – said Placebo members in their official statement. You can find the instrumental part of the song as well as the lyrics here, along with detailed instructions on sending the recording. But, fans who really want to appear in the video will have to hurry up with recording, because only the first 1,000 arrived recordings will be considered.
The young Depeche Mode, The Cult or Morrissey fans released a new album this year, called “Meds” and are currently on tour promoting it. A rumour is going round that they might drop by in Zagreb on June 20 accompanied by Queens Of The Stone Age.

I just recently saw "Velvet Goldmine" on the Independent Movie Channel (IFC). I remember spotting Molko as one of the Flaming Creatures singing TRex "20th Century Boy"

Well, la di da.

Funny! Placebo is now in Chile and will play tonight. There's a screaming crowd outiside my office, since my company is sponsoring the event and they are expecting tickets from the official radio (which is not the one where I work). I wouldn't expect them to be Morrissey fans .

I've always quite liked them, not a fan as such, but they aren't bad and there's definitely worse about.

Back
Top Bottom