Morrissey Manchester Show (July 7) - Morrissey Central

Morrissey Manchester Show - Morrissey Central
May 19, 2018

Morrissey will play Manchester in July. Tickets will be on sale within the next week, plus full venue information and invited guests. BMG Records will issue a third single from the album Low In High School for July release.

I think that should read 4th single?
Source: SER via Twitter.
Regards,
FWD.

Update: 20:14

Morrissey will play Manchester on July 7th. Tickets will be on sale within the next week, plus full venue information and invited guests. BMG Records will issue a fourth single from the album Low In High School for July release.

(The Red Denotes the edit of the date and correction of the single)

Update: May 20th
second date added - July 8th at the same venue.

Last edited:
Maybe when the tour sells out, it will clear out all the trolls.
Why cant they start a drama.johnny-solo.com and go over there?:pray:

Wait I forgot, Drama J and his followers are broke.doh: Ok how about a FB page?

this site is a tiny proportion of morrisseys fanbase,most fans probably don't even know about the so called controversial things he says.if you watch any of his videos on youtube you will almost never see anybody mentioning anything but his music.

While I agree that the opinions on this site may not be representative of overall opinion, I'm not sure I agree that most fans don't know about the controversial things he's said. A lot of friends of mine who don't care about him or his music were aware of the recent comments; it made news sites, trended on twitter etc.

Whether people care enough is another matter. For those of us who were pretty disturbed by the comments, there may not be a unified reaction to it. I personally can't separate the comments with my feelings about going to see him live etc (whereas for another artist, I may have been able to). Others, it might be all about the music and they'll happily still buy tickets. It'll be interesting to see what impact, if any, these comments will have in terms of ticket sales and so on.

This may be true for those platforms, but on Twitter or Instagram, where the demographics are younger, Morrissey is - pardon the phrase - dead meat.

Same old boring argument
Gig announced, skinny with his desperate top trolling goes on about tickets. This after healthy sales in Feb and Mar when we were told again, nothing would sell.
Move on. Who cares? The only people that matter, are the ones going.
The gig will sell well.
End of.

Nostalgia makes a person fuzzy. It was good. It is good. There was plenty of nonsense then too.

Yeah, you're probably right. Given the wealth of material to discuss around the man and the artistry, it just feels like this site is a wasted opportunity at times. But that's just my opinion. It certainly felt 'busier' back then - again though, maybe I'm just not remembering right!

While I agree that the opinions on this site may not be representative of overall opinion, I'm not sure I agree that most fans don't know about the controversial things he's said. A lot of friends of mine who don't care about him or his music were aware of the recent comments; it made news sites, trended on twitter etc.

Whether people care enough is another matter. For those of us who were pretty disturbed by the comments, there may not be a unified reaction to it. I personally can't separate the comments with my feelings about going to see him live etc (whereas for another artist, I may have been able to). Others, it might be all about the music and they'll happily still buy tickets. It'll be interesting to see what impact, if any, these comments will have in terms of ticket sales and so on.
Your view is entirely valid, but please, please go observe FB or Twitter where you will still see daily regurgitation of HSIN lyrics or general gibberish with people asking such basic questions that this site looks encyclopedic. The 'average' Morrissey hashtags et al relate to people that don't think heavily about any topics here. They are busy having 'lols' in whatever group they feel comfortable talking through, but in reality they are what I call the 'theme tune from Charmed' mentality - they couldn't care a less about Morrissey or politics. I sift through this detritus daily, so have a bit of a strong view about it.
Regards,
FWD.

Can I ask which comments disturbed you?

Your view is entirely valid, but please, please go observe FB or Twitter where you will still see daily regurgitation of HSIN lyrics or general gibberish with people asking such basic questions that this site looks encyclopedic. The 'average' Morrissey hashtags et al relate to people that don't think heavily about any topics here. They are busy having 'lols' in whatever group they feel comfortable talking through, but in reality they are what I call the 'theme tune from Charmed' mentality - they couldn't care a less about Morrissey or politics. I sift through this detritus daily, so have a bit of a strong view about it.
Regards,
FWD.

I don't doubt you. I'm probably guilty of thinking that all Morrissey fans share the same sort of obsession/interest as we do on here. The idea of an extremely casual listener seems a bit odd to me, but that's probably a product of my own experience!

It'll be full of Tommy Robinson types and that terrible Julie Hammil.

As Morrissey once sang 'I know it's Over'

I'd expect the Manchester Antifa to be outside the gig where ever it is.

Dear Dingo, could you please explain how you came to this assumption - during the recent gigs: most of the videos/comments/audio et al came from twitter as it was happening. Many people here saw aspects of the gig directly via Twitter or FB.
Regards,
FWD.

I'm fairly certain that his controversial statements went viral after his tour was over. You know how it goes - people only read a headline and they know everything there is about it. Morrissey was actually trending on Twitter's front page and it wasn't about his music, but how his views were racist and right wing, that he was defending pedophiles. It wasn't his hardcore fans, it was everyone else or casual fans of his and the Smiths that were re-tweeting his statements, hundreds if not thousands of times.

As a huge Smiths fan, it hurts me when people invalidate their entire catalog due to his statements, but I have repeatedly seen things like "I'm burning my Smiths records" over and over, particularly on Twitter, but also on Instagram. It's just a shame that because of his statements, people have been turned off to the music.

And he's playing Mercedes-Benz Arena in Berlin on July 15. :guitar:

How can it be, when Loony Leftists were all over this site a month ago proclaiming his career "over". :confused:

The same with the everyday... reddit forum. Some people are against the comments and now him but many even when they disagree find the nuance or just say ugh and go back to posting live clips or whatever else and still get excited about shows etc

This site could be an excellent resource for anything concerning Morrissey and in my opinion it should be a place for debate both good and bad about how Morrissey is perceived in the wider world. However this is David’s site and he appears to be comfortable with letting it be a trolls playground.

How come you dont try to get troll Skinny banned?
When have you made a post of any interest? All you do is whine and try to get people banned.:drama:
Same shite every time, whine whine whine.:rolleyes:

This site could be an excellent resource for anything concerning Morrissey and in my opinion it should be a place for debate both good and bad about how Morrissey is perceived in the wider world. However this is David’s site and he appears to be comfortable with letting it be a trolls playground.

Well, trolls playground or not, in any case you can’t accuse him of being not consequential.

He explained he would allow anonymous posts and why and apparently accepted the consequences.

In general the TOS seems very reasonable and when there is a problem it is practical and clear but sometimes, especially during heavy traffic, it seems as if it is not possible to have many anonymous troll posts moderated in time before they show up.

But I have the impression even DavidT did not, or could not foresee it would turn out like this. Never mind what you think of Moz. :rolleyes:

Yes it is his site and he can do what he wants.

The only thing I don’t like is wading through numerous anonymous troll posts all offering bullshit and hate, and it takes more time to find an anonymous post that is interesting, insightful, funny and to the point. And how do you identify that anonymous poster when he or she posts again?

I wish those people would register and have a menbername so I would know who the person was who wrote the interesting, insightful and/or funny post.
So I would know next time I saw a post with the member name of this person it could be interesting to read it.

Now I have to go through all the anonymous posts and my eyes are detoriating because of it.

The dramady lingers on. o_O

I think I’m going underground or under the ground. :(

And he's playing Mercedes-Benz Arena in Berlin on July 15. :guitar:

How can it be, when Loony Leftists were all over this site a month ago proclaiming his career "over". :confused:

:thumb:

Do you happen to know if Johnny "Drama Johnny"Marr will also be playing at the Mercedes Benz Arena in Berlin? Maybe he will be playing 'elsewhere'.
:straightface:

Regards,
FWD.

Yes and who cares about thoes if it gets to the stage where you deal with this lot, what's the point?
That's always the case you get different levels of fans. Different levels of understanding but your 'average' music fan think moz is a twat they did before now that think he's a racist twat.

The fans who are fans but don't know much are divided some think he's a dick but makes good music /used to make good music, some think he's cool
Those who are mozbots don't know shit and are like cult members they are brainwashed, pathetic types
Then you get the true fans which range from some 'he can do no wrong' types to lots who feel severely let down, to those who don't care they just want the myth.

The point is this mostly the outside world think he's racist apart from by racists who think he's a gay weirdo who they happen to think is right about race issue

I can't convey how f***ingly sickened I am. I'm going to Manchester the week after with a couple of friends. Oh I feel sick now.

Well, trolls playground or not, in any case you can’t accuse him of being not consequential.

He explained he would allow anonymous posts and why and apparently accepted the consequences.

In general the TOS seems very reasonable and when there is a problem it is practical and clear but sometimes, especially during heavy traffic, it seems as if it is not possible to have many anonymous troll posts moderated in time before they show up.

But I have the impression even DavidT did not, or could not foresee it would turn out like this. Never mind what you think of Moz. :rolleyes:

Yes it is his site and he can do what he wants.

The only thing I don’t like is wading through numerous anonymous troll posts all offering bullshit and hate, and it takes more time to find an anonymous post that is interesting, insightful, funny and to the point. And his do you identify that anonymous when he or she posts again?

I wish those people would register and have a menbername so I would know who the person was who wrote the interesting, insightful and/or funny post.
So I would know next time I saw a post with the member name of this person it could be interesting to read it.

Now I have to go through all the anonymous posts and my eyes are detoriating because of it.

The dramady lingers on. o_O

I think I’m going underground or under the ground. :(

If you have a username and dont kiss up to Skinny and the left wing loons then Surface and Evennow will start whining and provoking to get you banned. Thats the gist of it.o_O
Surface has no life outside of whining 24/7, yet he carries on like hes the owner of this site.:guitar:

I can't convey how f***ingly sickened I am. I'm going to Manchester the week after with a couple of friends. Oh I feel sick now.

To see Moz? Really?
HOW DARE YOU!!?? YOU OUGHT TO BE:banned:!!!

It's just a shame that because of his statements, people have been turned off to the music.

You shouldn't worry what the SJWs on Twitter are outraged about on any given day. They spend all their days trying to generate outrage mobs against anyone who doesn't conform 100% with their dogma :crazy:, but their views don't reflect the majority.

By the way, Douglas Murray's releasing an updated paperback edition of The Strange Death of Europe next month. Pre-orders can be made now. :thumb:
https://www.waterstones.com/book/the-strange-death-of-europe/douglas-murray/9781472958006

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom