Morrissey 'management' statement - 17th March, 2018 - Facebook

42613_mgmt_statement_20180317.jpg

20180317_221314.jpg

20180317_221816.jpg

(can't link to the last comment - so a screenshot only).
Regards,
FWD.

Link posted by NealCassidy:

This Charmless Man: How Morrissey's big mouth struck again... and again - The Independent
by Nick Hasted
When bigmouth strikes these days, it can be hard to stomach. Nick Hasted details the decline of a once-beautiful artist, who now seems to expect and almost cultivate betrayal

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Then stop being such a crap ambassador for your fruit picking shithole country. This is how real men behave and think these days and your romantic notion of a man from the 50's holding the door for ya with one hand and grabbing your arse with the other needs a speedy update.

Shut the f*** up with your unfunny, unf***ed, vile, low IQ assholery, you tedious c***.

i don't even bother watching the news or reading the news on the internet ,it's all click bait. If you want to learn what is going on in the world you have to wait until someone writes a book about it. Joutnalists are all media whores.

Yeah, because a book about a wide range of subjects that contains information that is important to a day to day understanding of current affairs, is the way to stay informed...if you also own a time machine.

By the way, who do you think often writes books about these subjects? Journalists.

Posts like these are a prime example of the political dumbing down that characters like Morrissey proudly cultivate in their followers. He encourages the ear cupping whenever he receives information that isn't satisfactory to him. It's not enough that most people are already lazy, and unserious about getting to the bottom of any topic, he has to pretend that it needs even more encouragement.

This is a man who was caught lying about the things he said to a journalist when the audio was released and contained no discrepancies. Yet, he is out there calling everything fake news. The fact that he openly lied about that means nothing to his most die-hard followers.

It's actually very good that management people or Morrissey himself have stepped forward to unmask another factory of lies such as The Liesdependent. Journalists who make reviews without attending a show? That's totally unethical. They are selling rubbish to the public. Journalists who use mass media to defile someone who doesn't support their ideology? That's indefensible in a free society.
Of course some people here and there will criticize Morrissey because he dares to confront his attackers. Maybe that's because cowards hate those who remember them there's another way of living.

Because they printed their observations of people walking out?

All we need is Morrissey's word. After all, he assured us that the German journalist lied about what he said, when it was proven that she didn't. We can certainly trust his proclamations.

Trumpissey!

His legacy has now completed it's awkward stumble down the stairs.

A lot of claims with no proof or facts, sounds like fake news to me.
The proof they have is their eyes, just like Morrissey. It was a concert review, not an FBI investigation.

Besides, after the Der Spiegel debacle, when it comes to how he is interpreted, Morrissey's credibility is now shot. I'm not listening. Fake News

He's free to wallow in his resentment in any fashion he wants. When he speaks, he is his own worst enemy, and he seems determined to speak more now than he ever has. Hilarity will continue to ensue.

And if he is truly unable to enter the U.S., then his mouth will have finally caused some significant damage.

Embarrassing. Just like Trump bemoaning the crowds at his inauguration.

From a man caught lying about his own interviews.

Emperor's New Clothes.

That shit article didn't deserve the oxygen Moz just gave it. I wouldn't have even noticed it. They obviously hate Moz no matter what he does. As usual.

Very true. Nobody reads newspapers any more. By putting out this statement this article will now be read by much more people than would have read it in the first place. Whatever happened to dignified silence?

To be fair, in no place this Independent article claims to be a concert review. It's a think piece, another disgruntled old fan is betrayed by Morrissey's recent opinions, and while it does not tell us anything new, at least it shows that the writer has read Autobiography, listened to the recent records and doesn't paint National Front Disco as a xenophobic anthem that it's widely misinterpreted to be. So Morrissey breaking media silence to contest the claim that the sentence "a few more old fans quietly left the room" is wrong is just silly, because the way that I read is that in this context it is written metaphorically, it doesn't refer to any particular concert, just to the general state of affair that Morrissey keeps on alienating his old supporters with his conservative views. Besides, claiming that "nobody left the Glasgow show after the Sturgeon mention" smacks of Trumpist excaggaration too, since how could he possibly know that? Somebody could have.

To be fair, in no place this Independent article claims to be a concert review. It's a think piece, another disgruntled old fan is betrayed by Morrissey's recent opinions, and while it does not tell us anything new, at least it shows that the writer has read Autobiography, listened to the recent records and doesn't paint National Front Disco as a xenophobic anthem that it's widely misinterpreted to be. So Morrissey breaking media silence to contest the claim that the sentence "a few more old fans quietly left the room" is wrong is just silly, because the way that I read is that in this context it is written metaphorically, it doesn't refer to any particular concert, just to the general state of affair that Morrissey keeps on alienating his old supporters with his conservative views. Besides, claiming that "nobody left the Glasgow show after the Sturgeon mention" smacks of Trumpist excaggaration too, since how could he possibly know that? Somebody could have.
You beat me to it, Eldritch! I was just about to say, not sure why he thinks it's an album/concert review. It's an opinion piece. The thing is, Morrissey wants it both ways: he wants the right to mouth off with provocative, vitriolic comments which he knows full well will result in a hornet's nest of press, but he doesn't want this vitriol directed back at him when people disagree. I'm also not sure why he's bothering getting his knickers in a knot about the (curiously named) Independent, which most definitely isn't, and would probably win the Uptight Politically Correct Award hands down. If you say the sort of things he's become known for saying, these people are not going to like you.

Last edited:
what got me was in the comments was at least three people said he cant sing,thats when I knew I was reading absolute dung from the back end of a coo.

The article is surprisingly, pretty accurate.

Stop using the term “fake news”! If it is a “lie”, call it so!

And Morrissey’s “management” are pretty queer. Trying to defend Morrissey regarding this article, but failing to ever address the audio from the German interview.

It’s pretty simple, Morrissey is in fact racist. Morrissey is in fact a misogynist. Morrissey is in fact delusional, petty, heartless, soulless, hurt, and angry. And I should know.

Then stop being such a crap ambassador for your fruit picking shithole country. This is how real men behave and think these days and your romantic notion of a man from the 50's holding the door for ya with one hand and grabbing your arse with the other needs a speedy update.

“Real men” says URANUS who is neither real nor a man.

This is brilliant ! ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY !

A great day for all the debunkers of "Our Crank"

First we had him grovelling in that pathetic video and now this "management statement" written in the style of none other than Don Trump. Wow ! 4kin brilliant !
It would be no surprise to anyone if the label have dumped him, he's nothing but a stupid Luddite with absolutely nothing to offer these days.
Also I must add I was terribly disappointed that Sir Ken Dodd never got a celebrity death statement as well.

4ck B M G and 4ck Korda Marshall :handpointup:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

The Independent ceased to be a credible newspaper in 2016 and became a 3rd rate online blog. I blame the Russians :thumb:

Emperor's New Clothes.

Embarrassing.
From a former (sacked?) mod who,according to the site owner "used information from moderation access in posts which is not appropriate."

Emperor's New Clothes.

Embarrassing.
From a former mod who,according to the site owner "used information from moderation access in posts which is not appropriate."

The thing is, Morrissey wants it both ways: he wants the right to mouth off with provocative, vitriolic comments which he knows full well will result in a hornet's nest of press, but he doesn't want this vitriol directed back at him when people disagree.

Exactly. He wants to be both provocative and be loved by everyone, which is impossible. If you want to be considered as a national treasure like David Bowie, you shouldn't compare meat-eaters to pedophiles, because that will upset many people. It's of course courageous to speak up for animals, but if you want to do it in those terms, you should be prepared to be disliked by some.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom