Morrissey 'management' statement - 17th March, 2018 - Facebook

42613_mgmt_statement_20180317.jpg

20180317_221314.jpg

20180317_221816.jpg

(can't link to the last comment - so a screenshot only).
Regards,
FWD.

Link posted by NealCassidy:

This Charmless Man: How Morrissey's big mouth struck again... and again - The Independent
by Nick Hasted
When bigmouth strikes these days, it can be hard to stomach. Nick Hasted details the decline of a once-beautiful artist, who now seems to expect and almost cultivate betrayal

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wreckless Eric, really?

Let me guess you're one of the spend-the-day-in-bed'ers?

Carry on without your dignity.

That is just one example. I could just as easily said "James", who do one gig a year and have to back to rolling flat tires on a daily basis to make a living. Pulp, New Order etc. None could draw flies in a circus. But pontificate about success and politics,as if they were political scientists.
Meanwhile, Moz sells out a string of large halls in one geographical area. LOL.

That is just one example. I could just as easily said "James", who do one gig a year and have to back to rolling flat tires on a daily basis to make a living. Pulp, New Order etc. None could draw flies in a circus. But pontificate about success and politics,as if they were political scientists.

It's funny how the moz crowd have followed their leaders more shallow ways.
When did it come to the point when moz fans were actually happy about arena tours, Jesus any music lover and gig goer (moz himself) hates arena gigs, the empty dull sound miles from a stage, all money and no passion. Impressomal and tired.
What was good about moz gigs in the 90s - is although he could and did sell Wembly Arena (kill uncle tour no less) he also played the Astoria and smaller venues. They were magical times because of the interaction between him and audience. The music was better, he was better, not so needy.
Although why this recent uk tour is called an 'arena' tour is a puzzle, He played Royal Albert Hall, London Pal, Alexander Palace. None are arenas. Brighton Arena, although called an arena is rather small, Bready Eye sold that place out as do most middling bands.
I think the only real arena gigs were the ones up North

This statement seems to go against their boastful “no one likes us and we don’t care” T-shirts
The band just puts on what Morrissey tells them to. The t-shirts on this tour are extra stupid though. Could be worse though. Just ask Boz.

When did it come to the point when moz fans were actually happy about arena tours, Jesus any music lover and gig goer (moz himself) hates arena gigs, the empty dull sound miles from a stage, all money and no passion. Impressomal and tired.
What was good about moz gigs in the 90s - is although he could and did sell Wembly Arena (kill uncle tour no less) he also played the Astoria and smaller venues. They were magical times because of the interaction between him and audience. The music was better, he was better, not so needy.
Although why this recent uk tour is called an 'arena' tour is a puzzle, He played Royal Albert Hall, London Pal, Alexander Palace. None are arenas. Brighton Arena, although called an arena is rather small, Bready Eye sold that place out as do most middling bands.

:straightface:
First you whine about Moz playing arenas and then you claim they are not arenas.
Maybe you should give Skinny back his tol quoque wine.

Money. Simple as that.

Embarrassing. Just like Trump bemoaning the crowds at his inauguration.

Emperor's New Clothes.

Hilarious watching those voting this down. It's spot on, I'm right, you're wrong, and you don't like it. Tough shit.
And yet you troll people who disagree with you. I try to be on your side from time to time but this whole 'I'm right, you're wrong' is a load of cobblers. You are not omniscient, and you have more in common with Moz than you care to admit: ye are both hard to take sometimes. Of course that can be said of us all from time to time, but sustained negativity is good for nobody. I don't care who likes or trolls this reply and I know I'm off-topic, as so many posts are.

And yet you troll people who disagree with you. I try to be on your side from time to time but this whole 'I'm right, you're wrong' is a load of cobblers. You are not omniscient, and you have more in common with Moz than you care to admit: ye are both hard to take sometimes. Of course that can be said of us all from time to time, but sustained negativity is good for nobody. I don't care who likes or trolls this reply and I know I'm off-topic, as so many posts are.

Welcome to the internet.

Yes, in his own mind, he is omniscient. A genius, almost God like in his innate knowledge of all manner of random and unimportant subjects.
He is not trolling per se, he using what is known as the 'tol couquo loco in the coco' form of argumentation.
:crazy:

I love those guys. I've caught them live twice. Well worth the money.

Lucky! Used to watch their show every week. I feel like I have DVDs of a couple seasons but now I can’t remember seeing them for some time. They likely joined someone else’s collection. Would love to see them live!

James do arena tours and New Order tend not to as they don’t like them, however they sell out everywhere they play. Do some research you lazy f***er.

Last edited:
James do arena tours and New Order tend not to as they don’t like them, however they sell out everywhere they play. Do some research you lazy f***er.

They dont like them because they cant get booked in them. They cant get a booking because they cant fill them.

James arena tours? For sure!! LOL Like Parr Hall that seats 1000, they will be lucky to get 300 punters show up.
James sells OUT a tour of 3oo seat arenas!! LOL Skinny the genius you aint.:thumb:

They dont like them because they cant get booked in them. They cant get a booking because they cant fill them.

James arena tours? For sure!! LOL Like Parr Hall that seats 1000, they will be lucky to get 300 punters show up.
James sells OUT a tour of 3oo seat arenas!! LOL Skinny the genius you aint.:thumb:

Yes, they announced an intimate tour like real bands do from time to time. Both James and New Orders last albums charted at number 2. New Order headlined, The other stage at Glastonbury 2016 and sold out a worldwide tour, James had a sell out arena tour in 2016.

New Order have never like arenas and whenever they play Manchester they play iconic places like Jodrel Bank, Castlefield Bowl or like last year 5 nights at the former Granada Stusios, which is far better than the soulless MEN. They also sold out The Hollywood Bowl in September last year.

I appreciate you are not very bright but you need to stop flogging a dead horse.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=james+curse+curse&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari

Yes, they announced an intimate tour like real bands do from time to time. Both James and New Orders last albums charted at number 2. New Order headlined, The other stage at Glastonbury 2016 and sold out a worldwide tour, James had a sell out arena tour in 2016.

New Order have never like arenas and whenever they play Manchester they play iconic places like Jodrel Bank, Castlefield Bowl or like last year 5 nights at the former Granada Stusios, which is far better than the soulless MEN. They also sold out The Hollywood Bowl in September last year.

I appreciate you are not very bright but you need to stop flogging a dead horse.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=james+curse+curse&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari

Glastonbury?? Isnt that the festival that has 250 bands?
When they do a regular New Order shows they play intimate venues because they can
only gather together very small crowds.

You can sell a couple hundred albums and be no 1 in the UK, probably 75 gives you a no 2.
They dont chart anywhere else
and their sales figures are nothing short of abysmal. They dont even have a proper record label, they
have to go the 'intimate route' and do a kickstarter. LOL
James is totally unknown outside the UK. Neither is capable of doing a real arena tour like
Moz regularly does. Sells them out year in and year out.

But they play tiny places and have no real record labels because of their pride.:lbf:

Glastonbury?? Isnt that the festival that has 250 bands?
When they do a regular New Order shows they play intimate venues because they can
only gather together very small crowds.

You can sell a couple hundred albums and be no 1 in the UK, probably 75 gives you a no 2.
They dont chart anywhere else
and their sales figures are nothing short of abysmal. They dont even have a proper record label, they
have to go the 'intimate route' and do a kickstarter. LOL
James is totally unknown outside the UK. Neither is capable of doing a real arena tour like
Moz regularly does. Sells them out year in and year out.

But they play tiny places and have no real record labels because of their pride.:lbf:

Oh dear what a knob you are. New Order are on Mute label

Oh dear what a knob you are. New Order are on Mute label
That was about 5 years ago LOL. Not that "Mute" is a 'label' Moz would deign to join. probably a step down from crowd sourcing. You likely have to pay them to put out the album.
That was then and this is now: Kickstarter.doh:

Maybe do an arena tour doing 30 min opening sets for Goldfrapp.

That was about 5 years ago LOL. Not that "Mute" is a 'label' Moz would deign to join. probably a step down from crowd sourcing. You likely have to pay them to put out the album.
That was then and this is now: Kickstarter.doh:

Maybe do an arena tour doing 30 min opening sets for Goldfrapp.

Do you ever get tired of making stuff up and being completely wrong about everything?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom