Morrissey lyric brain teaser - help!

H

hudson

Dear all - a friend has challenged my knowledge of all things Morrissey/Smiths, and has asked me from which song the following Smiths lyric is taken:

"On the shop floor there's a calender as obvious as snow, as if you didn't know...."

Could someone PLEASE let me know which song this is from, as it's really beginning to bug me!

it's a bootleg version of the last song taken from the album that refers to the L-shaped room.

Can you be a little bit more specific - was the L-shaped room mentioned on the first album? Was it a bootleg of the Moors Murder song? Someone must know this!

Also, my friend is now torturing me with "I'm just a country mile behind the world." Where does that come from...!?!?!

I'll put a halt to this after these two - it's taking up far too much of my work time!

The lyrics are from a live version of 'Some girls are bigger than others', with this line included that does not appear during the studio version from 'The Queen is dead' album .
This live version was released as a B-side to 'I started something that i couldn't finish' in the UK in 1987.

Much appreciation Phill. I e-mailed my friend the answer and he was suitably impressed! :)

> Also, my friend is now torturing me with "I'm just a
> country mile behind the world." Where does that come
> from...!?!?!

Of Course this is in the outro of the excellent 'Miserable Lie'... One of the greatest songs ever written.. That and 'Pretty Girls Make Graves'..

..pleased to help..

> Can you be a little bit more specific - was the L-shaped room
> mentioned on the first album? Was it a bootleg of the Moors
> Murder song? Someone must know this!

> Also, my friend is now torturing me with "I'm just a
> country mile behind the world." Where does that come
> from...!?!?!

my dear hudson, you don't have incredibly good taste yet.

keep practising.

I am the aforementioned friend that started all this, Hudson cheated!
And you all helped him!
May God have mercy on your souls

> I am the aforementioned friend that started all this, Hudson
> cheated!
> And you all helped him!
> May God have mercy on your souls

sorry. May God have mercy on Hudson's soul! Anyway, you found out what we already knew.

evenin',

> sorry. May God have mercy on Hudson's soul! Anyway, you found
> out what we already knew.

> evenin',
> ...

MY PLACE OR YOURS?

Back
Top Bottom