Morrissey Central "MORRISSEY LOVES ‘SHOPLIFTERS OF THE WORLD’ FILM" (March 29, 2021)

The Man from Morrissey...he say Yes! (y)

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/morrissey-loves

"I laughed, I cried, I ate my own head.

The Smiths' past still sounds like today's frustrations and tomorrow's liberations."

~ Morrissey, March 2021.

image_xu7tzm.png

Related item:

Wot Unkle Chuckles means is 'How about you think exactly the same as me, once and for all time...?'

Ah, Mark Kermode, ex-Revolutionary Communist Group disciple turned Church of England pew-warmer. Marky Marx must feel like the Good Old Days Are Here Again, what with all the non-personing back in vogue. And always beware of the zealot spurned {sound familiar..?}.

And No, Unk, í've loathed the unctious cretin all the way since he stated that "My Own Private Idaho" {1991} was "a dog of a film" {í believe he meant that in the pejorative sense?}. No coming back from that one. His worshipping of Moz then was a chronic embarrassment to me. The fact that he then went on to murder "Suedehead" with his skiffle posse live on the Danny Baker telly show { peak '90s horror scene} was icing on my cake. And finding out later that he went to the same Herts private boy's school as various top actors and comedians, well....the story is old, but it goes on.

Yes, you are right Mark Kermode went to a posh all boys private school in Hertfordshire it is a fee paying school and is independent. A few famous comedians and actors also went to that school.

Mark Kermode went on to study at Manchester University. Mark Kermode is educated up to university level.

Morrissey went to a secondary modern Roman Catholic school in a working-class part of Manchester. I think it was an all boys school not totally sure? There was no opportunity for Morrissey to do A-levels or go to university from a secondary modern school. Morrissey said that the corporal punishment in his school was very bad. Morrissey said one of his teachers was sexually abusive.

Mark Kermode comes from a vastly different background to Morrissey. Mark Kermode is straight he has not struggled with his sexuality.

I don't know if Mark Kermode is married or has any children?

It is hard to know the level of abuse and trauma Morrissey has suffered in his life. Morrissey is a hero to me because he shows that someone from a tough working-class background with everything stacked against him can make something of themselves.

It's The Smiths feat. The Geese! Best collab everrrr...

View attachment 70215

... 📸 probably Andrew Catlin as it seems to be from the same session that saw the boys rolling together into the one giggling snowball of full-figured cop- ... no. Leaves. Rolling in the autumn leaves.

Picture lifted from:

Come to think of it, that geese pic is probably why
I was thinkin' the credits was the best part.

Wot Unkle Chuckles means is 'How about you think exactly the same as me, once and for all time...?'

Ah, Mark Kermode, ex-Revolutionary Communist Group disciple turned Church of England pew-warmer. Marky Marx must feel like the Good Old Days Are Here Again, what with all the non-personing back in vogue. And always beware of the zealot spurned {sound familiar..?}.

And No, Unk, í've loathed the unctious cretin all the way since he stated that "My Own Private Idaho" {1991} was "a dog of a film" {í believe he meant that in the pejorative sense?}. No coming back from that one. His worshipping of Moz then was a chronic embarrassment to me. The fact that he then went on to murder "Suedehead" with his skiffle posse live on the Danny Baker telly show { peak '90s horror scene} was icing on my cake. And finding out later that he went to the same Herts private boy's school as various top actors and comedians, well....the story is old, but it goes on.

He sang Suedehead on the Danny Baker show? OH, THE GUILT BY ASSOCIATION. 🙃

13368080-0-image-a-19_1557557040811.jpg

On a related controversy - does anyone know if Morrissey watched Alan Clarke's The Firm?

Its satirical exploration of football hooligans/flags seems very close in tone to Your Arsenal.

Also thought it was interesting that they kept breaking into camp, calling each other girls & the director got a gay kiss into it by making it look like a joke.

493cbc66751e8cbd776b379d2a654e7d.jpg

c9d899f02d03a2504312fcb87813bfb0.jpg

firm_br5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You've just made up a whole narrative to suit your need.

I'm showing up the rank hypocrisy of those who simply rail against someone who has the temerity to hold an opposing view as the singer they like, while at the same time exhibiting the exact same behaviour themselves.

And you've gone off on one again, attacking the man not the ball. Get a new shtick.
And you tell the people that disagree with you to ‘shut up’ and you call them fools. How someone can be so detached from their own behavior as you are is scary.

On a related controversy - does anyone know if Morrissey watched Alan Clarke's The Firm?

Its satirical exploration of football hooligans/flags seems very close in tone to Your Arsenal.

Also thought it was interesting that they kept breaking into camp, calling each other girls & the director got a gay kiss into it by making it look like a joke.

View attachment 70245

View attachment 70247

Aww, that's a very young Gary Oldman 💕

And you tell the people that disagree with you to ‘shut up’ and you call them fools. How someone can be so detached from their own behavior as you are is scary.

I demand to see evidence that joe actually "made up a whole narrative to suit [his] need".

If so: :tiphat:
That's a whole other level of dedication, Mozbot. 😉🤖

I know!! And he's fabulous in it.

I'll keep an eye out for it. I just have to finish that true crime series I'm watching before I can start anything else...

I demand to see evidence that joe actually "made up a whole narrative to suit [his] need".

If so: :tiphat:
That's a whole other level of dedication, Mozbot. 😉🤖
Skinny never provides evidence for anything, yet demands it from everyone else.

View attachment 70245

View attachment 70247

View attachment 70249
first saw this when it came out,watched it again last year,always liked it.

Well, exactly - Kermode is mad at Morrissey & so everyone involved or adjacent to that film has to suffer too.

Pretty nasty & yet he thinks he's nice.

Did you see David Quantick has been quietly praising & defending Julie Burchill?!? I knew she wasn't an outcast but I didn't think they'd put it in public since she's said FAR worse things than Morrissey & they act like he's Hitler. 🧐
M is an easy target because he doesnt bite back,how many people have had digs in the last 5 years and how many times has he had a dig at these people.

M is an easy target because he doesnt bite back,how many people have had digs in the last 5 years and how many times has he had a dig at these people.
Give me a break. This revisionist idea of Morrissey as the perpetual victim is complete nonsense. He's had a dig at so many people over the years. If he can dish it but can't handle taking it, then that's on him. It's not some lopsided injustice.

Give me a break. This revisionist idea of Morrissey as the perpetual victim is complete nonsense. He's had a dig at so many people over the years. If he can dish it but can't handle taking it, then that's on him. It's not some lopsided injustice.

They're not just taking digs at him - it's a sustained attack on his reputation & career. Most of it is total bollocks & wouldn't be said if he rocked up to their parties & events or had any clout.

Danny Baker doesn't like Morrissey. In my view Danny Baker is just another one of the haters of Morrissey. Danny Baker got on the bandwagon with Mark Kermode and others in the mainstream media.

I didn't know Danny had said anything about Morrissey - makes it more poignant 🙄 that he got sacked for racism.

Yeah agree with that, Morrissey was always the Queen of Insults with a withering opinion on everything and everyone. It's just that now, everyone has a forum, not just celebrities.

I didn't know Danny had said anything about Morrissey - makes it more poignant 🙄 that he got sacked for racism.
It was in Simon Wratten's Blog called "Following the Mozziah" a while ago about what Danny Baker had said about Morrissey.

In my view Danny Baker is another hater of Morrissey along with Mark Kermode, Piers Morgan and others. I have been thinking of writing a list of all the haters of Morrissey over the years.

Tags
shoplifters movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom