Morrissey Live Santa Barbara 05.11.16 - posted by SER / YT

The setlist (2 tracks missing):

How Soon Is Now? / Alma Matters / Speedway / Ganglord / Jack The Ripper / Judy Is A Punk / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Kiss Me A Lot / Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / The Bullfighter Dies / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / One Of Our Own / Suedehead / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Everyday Is Like Sunday / First Of The Gang To Die // What She Said

It was uploaded just after this:

20180106_203649.png

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Just once, Morrissey should dress up like a dingus and let his band wear their street clothes.

It just looks and sounds like yet another video of latter-day Morrissey and his session musicians doing what he/they do. Who gives a f***? It's not as though there isn't already a glut of this stuff on YouTube. I can't even be arsed to watch it beyond the second song. It's not 1995 anymore.

I abbreviated it KS. Unlike your posts that tend to run on, and on, and on with nothing new to add. You should just save "I LOVE MORRISSEY" and copy and paste each time you post. ;)

Jesus has forgiven me for loving Morrissey, but I still like to remind him why Morrissey is so much better than him.

:D:p

<> k-S

This was an especially memorable show for a lot of people. I think he is in a much better mood when the crowd energy is higher. As you can see in the video, there were LOTS of people trying to make it on to the stage or stretch to get a handshake, and he always tried to reach out his hand when they were being taken away by security. Only one guy actually made it on to the stage.

I was there...in the pit very close to the front. A brilliant performance start to finish. Morrissey and the band in top form. I am fortunate enough to have seen Bob Marley and Joni Mitchell at the same venue. Amazingly there are also good quality films available of both the Marley and Joni Mitchell shows that I attended at this same iconic venue in Santa Barbara. I recommend them highly. Luckily this one was preserved as well. THANK YOU SER!

The setlist (2 tracks missing):

How Soon Is Now? / Alma Matters / Speedway / Ganglord / Jack The Ripper / Judy Is A Punk / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Kiss Me A Lot / Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / The Bullfighter Dies / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / One Of Our Own / Suedehead / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Everyday Is Like Sunday / First Of The Gang To Die // What She Said

It was uploaded just after this:

View attachment 43440
Regards,
FWD.

The Cure? well, I guess their fans do get what they pay for. :lbf:;):thumb:
I hate to say it, but this OLD Moz VS Cure animosity simply smacks of Jealousy and not much more. Especially given M's "high school" focus on positions and popularity. When you compare the two bands and their sales and success, sure, Moz can play a large show or three on a tour, but the Cure play arenas every single night unless they choose to play a small venue as a treat to the fans.

As for giving people what they pay for... 3 hours shows spanning an entire 40 year discography?
Vastly different setlists from night to night that are a mix of fan service and rarities?
But hey. M might surprise everyone and throw Roy's Keen into the set when the tour resumes, and maybe
a Captain and Tennille cover.

Last edited:
I was there...in the pit very close to the front. A brilliant performance start to finish. Morrissey and the band in top form. I am fortunate enough to have seen Bob Marley and Joni Mitchell at the same venue. Amazingly there are also good quality films available of both the Marley and Joni Mitchell shows that I attended at this same iconic venue in Santa Barbara. I recommend them highly. Luckily this one was preserved as well. THANK YOU S.E.R.!!!!!

I hate to say it, but this OLD Moz VS Cure animosity simply smacks of Jealousy and not much more. Especially given M's "high school" focus on positions and popularity. When you compare the two bands and their sales and success, sure, Moz can play a large show or three on a tour, but the Cure play arenas every single night unless they choose to play a small venue as a treat to the fans.

As for giving people what they pay for... 3 hours shows spanning an entire 40 year discography?
Vastly different setlists from night to night that are a mix of fan service and rarities?
But hey. M might surprise everyone and throw Roy's Keen into the set when the tour resumes, and maybe
a Captain and Tennille cover.

but still the fans come in droves, still his records sell, still band members don't refuse to work with him.... He must be still doing something right.

It's part of the Morrissey World experience, there may be some disappointments that even Morrissey can't control, but people always come back to enjoy what HE CHOOSES to offer to those that care.

Problems only arise when people say they don't care, and YET still come back to him instead of just moving on. But they never can, as you can tell by those who hate the man but still visit this site almost daily to vent rage and give 'good' advice, but their complaints will never ever make a difference, sad for them really.

oh I'm just kidding with you, I don't have any problem with The Cure, lots of great music made by them, and Robert Smith ? well, Morrissey and I think he's alright.

:)

Jesus has forgiven me for loving Morrissey, but I still like to remind him why Morrissey is so much better than him.

:D:p

<> k-S

I have?!?!? News to me! :eek:

BLASPHEMY!!!

PS. I love Roy's Keen and Muskrat Love! Morrissey duets with the greats of the 70's:

Linda Ronstadt
Stevie Nicks
Toni Tennille
Debbie Harry
Ann Wilson
Pat Benatar
(started in 79)
Karen Carpenter (hologram)
//encore
Dusty Springfield (hologram with version of What Have I Done to Deserve This)

Kind of how I view your treatment of me. ;)
:p:D:thumb:

Last edited:
but still the fans come in droves, still his records sell, still band members don't refuse to work with him.... He must be still doing something right.

It's part of the Morrissey World experience, there may be some disappointments that even Morrissey can't control, but people always come back to enjoy what HE CHOOSES to offer to those that care.

Problems only arise when people say they don't care, and YET still come back to him instead of just moving on. But they never can, as you can tell by those who hate the man but still visit this site almost daily to vent rage and give 'good' advice, but their complaints will never ever make a difference, sad for them really.

oh I'm just kidding with you, I don't have any problem with The Cure, lots of great music made by them, and Robert Smith ? well, Morrissey and I think he's alright.

:)
Sorry for the grumpy response. I hadn't yet finished my coffee, and I've been hearing M vs Cure for nearly 30 years now.

I don't hate Morrissey. I compare him to a (metaphorical) family member who is going through a rough time (with depression?), and you miss who they are capable of being. I guess what I miss about M the most, is that at many points, he's been the funniest musician I can think of. I hope he pulls out of the funk and has a great 2018.

Sorry for the grumpy response. I hadn't yet finished my coffee, and I've been hearing M vs Cure for nearly 30 years now.

I don't hate Morrissey. I compare him to a (metaphorical) family member who is going through a rough time (with depression?), and you miss who they are capable of being. I guess what I miss about M the most, is that at many points, he's been the funniest musician I can think of. I hope he pulls out of the funk and has a great 2018.

well, he's not yours or my family member and so it doesn't make any logical sense to think of him that way, even metaphorically.
It doesn't help you or him. fact.

'funk'? well if the media and haters allow him to be, then we'll all be blessed by the endless gift of love and talent that as always he has to offer us.

<>.

I have?!?!? News to me!

BLASPHEMY!!!

PS. I love Roy's Keen and Muskrat Love! Morrissey duets with the greats of the 70's:

Linda Ronstadt
Stevie Nicks
Toni Tennille
Blondie
Ann Wilson
Pat Benatar
(started in 79)
Karen Carpenter (hologram)
//encore
Dusty Springfield (hologram with version of What Have I Done to Deserve This)

Kind of how I view your treatment of me.

there is only one sun of man and that is ...

Ketamine SUN ! :sunrise::bow::bow::bow:

PAGANS AWAKEN & UNITE !!!!! :smilingimp::sunflower::herb::deciduous::bee::whale:

Except for Dusty and Harry, don't think M would touch the others with a ten foot pole !

<>.

well, he's not yours or my family member and so it doesn't make any logical sense to think of him that way, even metaphorically.
It doesn't help you or him. fact.

'funk'? well if the media and haters allow him to be, then we'll all be blessed by the endless gift of love and talent that as always he has to offer us.

<>.
I employ metaphor to help me empathize with the world around me. It's only natural.
He's not my family, neighbor, barista, or dog groomer. He's a musician on the ropes as a result of his own PR and I hope he has a great 2018 and brings it back to the music. We have enough politicians. And 99% of them are *plural C word redacted for good taste*

(For the record, I do like a political song with humor and cheekiness.)

there is only one sun of man and that is ...

Ketamine SUN ! :sunrise::bow::bow::bow:

PAGANS AWAKEN & UNITE !!!!!

Except for Dusty and Harry, don't think M would touch the others with a ten foot pole !

<>.

I am the son
And the heir
Of a righteousness that is spiritually non-perverse
I am the son and heir
Of everything in universe!

You shut your mouth
How can you say
I go about things the wrong way?
I am a deity and I need to be loved
Just like everybody else does!

KS please open your eyes and ears to the truth. Horns have no place on FOTGTD! (I think I remember hearing them at the end on this video).

Linda Ronstadt has an operatic range and the duets with Stevie Nicks and Tom Petty and the one with Don Henley are nothing less than perfect!

Morrissey needs a good musical shot in the arm to get back to what brought him to the forefront of popular music, and possibly a good B-12 shot in the arse as well. (kidding KS...don't kill the messenger...again!) :babyangel::bowing::praying::raisedhands::heartssuit::innocent:

I employ metaphor to help me empathize with the world around me. It's only natural.
He's not my family, neighbor, barista, or dog groomer. He's a musician on the ropes as a result of his own PR and I hope he has a great 2018 and brings it back to the music. We have enough politicians. And 99% of them are *plural C word redacted for good taste*

(For the record, I do like a political song with humor and cheekiness.)

'I employ metaphor' unnecessary, if we just treat each other and all as human beings with all our flaws. But as I said , unless you're talking face to face with someone, why go behind their back (a stranger, no less) and vent ones anger or try to give 'good' advice? doesn't make any logical sense, and does not help him or you. fact.

'musician on the ropes as a result of his own..' well, that's only a matter of opinion. Media must take some responsibility in the questions they ask and yes, what they print. You can't expect a real artist like Morrissey with such outsider views and who like the best of artists have created a world of their own(& I don't blame him) for it's from that world where he can in turn create the things he does, if someone doesn't like it, then they would be wise to use the nearest exit, they can take it or leave it, and he can care less.

:cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom