Morrissey Live At Wolverhampton Civic Hall 1988 - soundboard bootleg LP / download

Re: Article: Morrissey Live At Wolverhampton Civic Hall 1988 - soundboard bootleg LP

Brings back happy memories of being 18 years old and being at this gig. Happy.

Re: Article: Morrissey Live At Wolverhampton Civic Hall 1988 - soundboard bootleg LP

You know what'd go great with this nice bootleg?...

Attachments

• live in wolverhampton2.jpg
    live in wolverhampton2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Thank you very much mozza220559, but the photo you chose is not suitable for Wolverhampton gig.

You should pick a photo from Wolverhampton gig.

Thank you very much mozza220559, but the photo you chose is not suitable for Wolverhampton gig.

You should pick a photo from Wolverhampton gig.

Can't be arsed to find a decent one

Morrissey should have let Street on stage to bring it altogether. No wonder those few seconds of Sister I'm a poet is the only thing on Hulmerist. The rest is atrocious!

- marred.

Hearing the Smiths minus Johnny playing Morrissey solo songs they sound very tight and light of touch.

Morrissey/Alain went for a heavier poppier sound....I don't mind its all good.

I`ve had another thought its the clarity of the sound I relish, sure its not the dogs bollocks, but the drumming is powerful not deafening. You can hear Craig ad-libbing chords changes, but its not hidden in reverb, feedback, distortion as such in future Morrissey band performances.

Finally listening to this. It's definitely a raw soundboard or line-in recording. I love it! The warts-and-all aspect of it is what makes it special for me. Now...where's that video???

Finally listening to this. It's definitely a raw soundboard or line-in recording. I love it! The warts-and-all aspect of it is what makes it special for me. Now...where's that video???

What a great version of TLOTFIP!!

I can forgive Craig the slips and goofs. They had little rehearsal and were obviously dealing with adverse tech conditions and scores of fans invading and knocking leads out, etc. To my ears, the music on this version of Suedehead is probably the best it ever sounded live. It clearly shows that Street was trying to be an identikit Andy Rourke on Viva Hate (and I believe he has said as much).

Given that any public airing of the video would show Mike Joyce on camera, I suspect Morrissey would not allow it to happen in his lifetime. Which is sad because this is an unique curio of a very unique juncture in his career.

I remain very curious as to who "Julian and Mouse" are - perhaps one of his most cryptic onstage comments - unless I'm missing the reference. I'm sure it's been asked before, but was anybody who posts here currently at the show and/or did he or she appear in Hulmerist?

I can forgive Craig the slips and goofs. They had little rehearsal and were obviously dealing with adverse tech conditions and scores of fans invading and knocking leads out, etc. To my ears, the music on this version of Suedehead is probably the best it ever sounded live. It clearly shows that Street was trying to be an identikit Andy Rourke on Viva Hate (and I believe he has said as much).

Given that any public airing of the video would show Mike Joyce on camera, I suspect Morrissey would not allow it to happen in his lifetime. Which is sad because this is an unique curio of a very unique juncture in his career.

I remain very curious as to who "Julian and Mouse" are - perhaps one of his most cryptic onstage comments - unless I'm missing the reference. I'm sure it's been asked before, but was anybody who posts here currently at the show and/or did he or she appear in Hulmerist?

When I was following all the dates of March 1989 James UK tour, there was a guy called Julian who often climbed up the stage and hugged Tim Booth.

I didn't talk to him, but it might be the same guy Morrissey mentioned in Wolverhampton gig.

Something like this perhaps?

This is great! Thank you :)

Morrissey your running out of rare gems. About time you released this officially or the footage!

This is great! Thank you :)

Morrissey your running out of rare gems. About time you released this officially or the footage!

Nope.

To my ears, the music on this version of Suedehead is probably the best it ever sounded live.

Agree 100%. It's the highlight of this recording. Suedehead and Sister are the two best-performed songs on this, IMO.

I love it. I expected to be disappointed because of the comments here, but I like raw recordings like this. It's pretty frantic and doesn't sound like they rehearsed the life out of it.

I love it. I expected to be disappointed because of the comments here, but I like raw recordings like this. It's pretty frantic and doesn't sound like they rehearsed the life out of it.

Seconded. I love the rawness and the mistakes. It makes the gig seem real.

Agree 100%. It's the highlight of this recording. Suedehead and Sister are the two best-performed songs on this, IMO.

It's a shame Morrissey's band has never managed to recreate that sound throughout any Morrissey tour. Suedehead does sound brilliant.

Seconded. I love the rawness and the mistakes. It makes the gig seem real.

Because every other gig seems imaginary?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom