Morrissey Live At Wolverhampton Civic Hall 1988 - soundboard bootleg LP / download

Re: Article: Morrissey Live At Wolverhampton Civic Hall 1988 - soundboard bootleg LP

It is easy to divorce the concert from the event...especially considering all most could do for 25 years was simply mull over the significance of it rather than experience it. After you get over the shock of it being available and the hype and anticipation, you are only left with the performance...and it is poor.

nelson_haha.jpg

Harsh. :D

As an impressionable teenager the whole event seemed magical; having said that my knowledge of it comes through the still rather excellent Hulmerist VHS tape.

Re: Article: Morrissey Live At Wolverhampton Civic Hall 1988 - soundboard bootleg LP

the guitar playing is dreadful. esp. the start of "stop me." wow.

the guitar playing is dreadful. esp. the start of "stop me." wow.

Leave Gannon alone :'(

He's better than the shit Morrissey's got now!

Last edited by a moderator:

Leave Gannon alone :'(

He's better than the shit Morrissey's got now!

i disagree. as a guitar player of other people's material, craig is really bad. worse than anything morrissey has had since. listen to the recording. it is...not good.

i disagree. as a guitar player of other people's material, craig is really bad. worse than anything morrissey has had since. listen to the recording. it is...not good.

In fairness to Gannon though, he didn't have a lot of time to rehearse them. He barely played any of those songs in the studio. It was all Vini and Marr. He did the best he could with the amount of time given. Listen to Rank, Gannon isn't bad at all. He didn't do too bad with Terry Hall either.

Last edited by a moderator:

You are too harsh, do you realise that Craig was called up in short notice?

He didn't have time to learn to play these songs.

I wonder why Vini didn't turn up? Does anyone know why he didn't play?

I wonder why Vini didn't turn up? Does anyone know why he didn't play?

I bet he wasn't asked.

Last edited:

I bet he wasn't asked.

Yeah, it seems a safe bet that nobody bothered to ask him, even though he is a better guitarist than Gannon.

Yeah, it seems a safe bet that nobody bothered to ask him, even though he is a better guitarist than Gannon.

Not anymore. :lbf:

This is totally unnecessary and disgraceful to laugh at Vini who had stokes.

I don't recall asking you to be my moral compass.

I found out about the gig on 21 December when I arrived Edinburgh from Dundee.

The next day I went Wolverhampton from Edinburgh.

According to absent user Brel, some people came from Manchester broke the queue and got in.

Because of these ill-mannered gits I couldn't get in.

Well at least Hulmerist captured your presence there for time immemorial, when those kids were feeding you as Christmas In Kilarney played.

I downloaded it. I like it.....better than the crap version I had 15 years ago on album.

I'll never view Hulmerist the same way again. Thanks a lot internet!

- marred.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom