Morrissey - Live at the Hollywood Bowl, 2007

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
We should all just be grateful we have what we have and stop being whiny children. It's unbecoming, at best.

It's not like people are hoarding food, causing countless others to perish. It's music, people.

Thanks to everybody who shares. Regardless of when, why or how it happens.

Last edited:
We should all just be grateful we have what we have and stop being whiny children. It's unbecoming, at best.

It's not like people are hoarding food, causing countless others to perish. It's music, people.

Thanks to everybody who shares. Regardless of when, why or how it happens.

Please can we have the DVD this week, I have the house to myself this weekend and I plan on having a break from walking the London streets and staying in and watching Moz (I had to sell my tickets to the the london gigs as well due to other engagements).

If it wasn't for collectors buying and trading this stuff to enhance their collection then some of this stuff would never leak - sometimes we all benefit from it straight away, sometimes it takes years to get out - there are bootlegs of gigs that remain in the hands of a few traders for years and there are recorders who post bootlegs within hours of the end of the gig, new albums are leaked weeks before release, studio out takes and demos surface years later release on bootleg vinyl. That's just life - get used to it.

But to single out a few members on this site for not sharing is unfair. Who knows what they did to acquire the DVD in the first place - pay a lot of money for it, trade something rare for it, or maybe they recieved it for just being a positive contributor to the greater Morrissey 'community'. Why should we expect this stuff to be given to everyone straight away with nothing in return? Let's face it, most people who use this site contribute virtually nothing, most don't even bother to register with the site but choose to read the threads anonymously (at this moment there are 15 members on line and 200 guests) - similarly, most people who use sites like Smiths Torrents leach rather than seed, should we be singling those people out as selfish free-riders?

Viva Hate tried to use this DVD to trade a copy of Kit - when he realised that wasn't going to happen he leaked the audio. Who knows what others have tried to obtain through trading this DVD - we might see the fruits of this at somestage (who knows?) but if the DVD is shared in full then it is one less thing that people have to trade.

There are hidden gems out there - some we know about (like Hollywood Bowl), some we dream about (Wolves 88 anyone?), others we have no idea about until they leak (who knew about the Unreleased Demos until the bootleg emerged?). We just need to be patient.

Dave

Patient, yes.....But we want the Holywood DVD now! It's right in our grasps! It's almost completely available!
The Wolv 88 footage will be hunted down another day...one day...one day... :cool:

When you are done I also DEMAND the copy of Action Comics #1 that is stashed away in your great grandfathers attic.

Nobody deserves or is owed anything.

If it wasn't for collectors buying and trading this stuff to enhance their collection then some of this stuff would never leak - sometimes we all benefit from it straight away, sometimes it takes years to get out - there are bootlegs of gigs that remain in the hands of a few traders for years and there are recorders who post bootlegs within hours of the end of the gig, new albums are leaked weeks before release, studio out takes and demos surface years later release on bootleg vinyl. That's just life - get used to it.

But to single out a few members on this site for not sharing is unfair. Who knows what they did to acquire the DVD in the first place - pay a lot of money for it, trade something rare for it, or maybe they recieved it for just being a positive contributor to the greater Morrissey 'community'. Why should we expect this stuff to be given to everyone straight away with nothing in return? Let's face it, most people who use this site contribute virtually nothing, most don't even bother to register with the site but choose to read the threads anonymously (at this moment there are 15 members on line and 200 guests) - similarly, most people who use sites like Smiths Torrents leach rather than seed, should we be singling those people out as selfish free-riders?

Viva Hate tried to use this DVD to trade a copy of Kit - when he realised that wasn't going to happen he leaked the audio. Who knows what others have tried to obtain through trading this DVD - we might see the fruits of this at somestage (who knows?) but if the DVD is shared in full then it is one less thing that people have to trade.

There are hidden gems out there - some we know about (like Hollywood Bowl), some we dream about (Wolves 88 anyone?), others we have no idea about until they leak (who knew about the Unreleased Demos until the bootleg emerged?). We just need to be patient.

Dave

Dave, you're preaching to the converted. If you follow back, you'll see we share the same viewpoint. Further, many people were attacking the leaker of the concert - I was the one arguing your position two weeks ago. So, yes great post and if it had come two weeks ago I really would have appreciated it.

Regarding singling out a certain individual, I didn't "divine" this person had the concert. Their gloating and assertions were freely made, without prompting, and had no particular relevance to the discussion. Consequently, I was merely pointing out any individual who also films themself placing the DVD in their player and watching it and then sends it out is not someone who I respect or admire. But I'm being too hard on him?!

If you go back and read any of the posts following the leak, you'll find I appreciate collectors and grasp how trading one rarity for another works - again I did indeed argue this very same point weeks ago when this particular thread was relevant and the person who leaked the concert was the subject of attack and unpleasant PM's. Back in my pre-procreating days I used to be a collector, now I squander my excess funds on food and heat. So, I know of what I write.

I do not appreciate those who flaunt their wares to inflate their own egos; and I will still be popping a cork and dancing a jig when this specific DVD is liberated from the likes of Mikael.

Last edited:
Just to say ~ love your signature quote, it made me beam remembering how much I worshipped that movie. Must watch it again soon.
I may disagree with you when it comes to Current Moz but your taste in cinema is mighty fine.

Thanks, no worries on differing opinions.

I'll talk film anytime! I posted a link to "Brighton Rock" awhile back. It was an interesting adaptation of the novel. It holds true on some points: the Catholicism which is so prevalent throughout Greene's writing. Other aspects of the novel are missing and new characters have been invented. I think any self respecting Moz fan should have a watch, or better read the novel.

"What's his name again?"
"Max Fisher."
"Sharp little guy."
"He's one of the worst students we've got."

Last edited:
Thanks, no worries on differing opinions.

I'll talk film anytime! I posted a link to "Brighton Rock" awhile back. It was an interesting adaptation of the novel. It holds true on some points: the Catholicism which is so prevalent throughout Greene's writing. Other aspects of the novel are missing and new characters have been invented. I think any self respecting Moz fan should have a watch, or better read the novel.

"What's his name again?"
"Max Fisher."
"Sharp little guy."
"He's one of the worst students we've got."

Just to be clear we are talking about the first film (1947) of the book and not this recent pile of nothing?

Now is the time to 'release' the DVD, as a strike back against the treatment of davidt at the recent Copenhagen gig.

(worth a try, anyway ;-) )

How does anyone know what rarities Davidt has? Lol.

South With Morrissey.

Now I'm gonna sit back and see if all those people who were bitching and attacking a few people here for not sharing the Hollywood Bowl DVD will also bitch about South With Morrissey not being shared.

Hopefully, someone will create a new thread, so we can have more melodrama.

Last edited:
:lbf:

Maybe the Op will now share the things Moz doesnt want to be shared? ;)

If I hadn't been banned from this site before my computer crashed, you all would have had Alain Whyte's 'Years of Refusal' demos by now...but that is the extent of the rarities I had.

If I hadn't been banned from this site before my computer crashed, you all would have had Alain Whyte's 'Years of Refusal' demos by now...but that is the extent of the rarities I had.

How close was the final release of 'Carol' to the finished version?

How close was the final release of 'Carol' to the finished version?

This old post described the 3 I actually was in possession of...

"Skull" - sounded alot more 'punk' in the demo than the final track. Lead guitar was a lot more distinguishable and had a different tone than the studio recording...for lead, think 'Roy's Keen' and for rhythm think 'Fatty'...but more hard rock. I don't recall any synth in the demo at all...the outro (the don't gimme more part) seemed to go on a bit longer too. Overall, I thought it was an improvement.

'Mama' - The synth was different...it sounded more like the way Pooley played it when it was first introduced live. The middle didn't have the weird noises Manning put in. I don't believe there was an organ at the end either. The guitar, once again, was less muddled and featured more variation than the final track. This was definitely the superior version.

"Carol" - the song was pretty stripped down without all of the FX and horns. The lead guitar was also more distinguishable and sounded good...it made you wish that that was how the lead sounded on the album.

Damn it. It's gone and I missed it. If anyone has the Hollywood Bowl links still (or could make new ones), PLEASE PM me. I will be eternally grateful...

How does anyone know what rarities Davidt has? Lol.

"LOL"? Can't believe anyone over 15 uses that trite term.
Its common knowledge that David has South With Morrissey- so I am guessing there are other things he has.
Is that true you are a cross dresser, Mr Hate? I am not having a pop at you I am just curious. As I hear you wear wigs etc.

Back
Top Bottom