Morrissey - Live at the Hollywood Bowl, 2007

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
You called some guy who openly shared this a tosser. You have the same DVD but obviously had no intention of sharing it. It takes about a minute to find and download software to rip the DVD you have.
I'm not interested in getting into an argument. The "i have something you don't" disease is obviously wider spread than we thought.
Even so, it doesn't matter in the long run, we've got what we want.
Thanks, Viva Hate. Most significant post in YEARS.

He didn't call Viva a tosser for not sharing the DVD. He called him a tosser because Viva was using it as bait to get a bigger score...which, if he got it, he (Viva) never implied he would share with everyone else.

About a month back Viva made a thread asking for some Refusal instrumental demos that he claimed he'd had but lost in a drive crash. If he's so all about sharing, why wouldn't he have posted those demos for public download here when he supposedly still had them?

I'll tell you why: because he IS a tosser.

He didn't call Viva a tosser for not sharing the DVD. He called him a tosser because Viva was using it as bait to get a bigger score...which, if he got it, he (Viva) never implied he would share with everyone else.

You really don't know a thing about collecting. For the love of God, trading rare pieces is how one acquires other rare pieces.

As for this, "he never implied" nonsense, are we supposed to clear everything with you first? Incredible. A grip of people had this DVD, and no matter how you want to twist this ONLY ONE SHARED IT. This is an awesome day, why are you trying to spoil it?!

After all the grief you've given Viva Hate, I truly hope you aren't downloading this.

I actually never believe this day will come... I think that a simple "Thank You" is not good enought for what you have done... Give me the opportunity of have and listen the FULL Hollywood Bowl audio
(Yes, I have the Greatest Hits deluxe edition and EILS single)

THANK YOU VERY, VERY, VERY MUCH Viva Hate!

:D!!!!!!!!!

PD: Sorry for my English, I`m learning!

Well... I assume this file contains only the audio, am I corret? (Or Am I a dreamer who dreams about getting the whole footage?)

Trading bootleg tapes or CD-Rs 10 or 15 years ago, OK, you'd be right. That is property paid for, impossible to mass-disseminate, and bartered between two parties privately. This is different. Everything about this is different.This involves property he most likely did not pay for, but that he acquired nonetheless and originally intended to use as bait to get something else.

Correct any of these statements if I'm wrong:

-He has not claimed, or proved if he has claimed, to have paid money for the Hollywood Bowl audio. That means he freely received and as such should freely give.

-He did not post it to share, free of charge, right off the bat. He baited the rest of the forum with it in order to send it to one person and only on the condition that he would receive from that person another rarity.

-He was called out on his tactics by a moderator as well as another longtime poster who has shared several valuable rarities truly selflessly over the years. THEN and ONLY THEN did Viva Taint post the show for everyone.

Am I saying it is not cool to have this? No. But it doesn't absolve him from being what he is, which is underhanded and conniving. And I'm not trying to "ruin this awesome day." I'm merely saying consider the circumstances. At the end of the day this is, at best, a nice quality Morrissey show from a concert era that has already yielded several high quality bootlegs. It is indeed a great addition, but did Viva film it? Did he record it? No, no. No. He got it most likely for free, digitally, and intended not to share it but to use it to get more stuff to hoard. For himself. There is NO indication he meant to share this publicly, or the Kit outtake had he gotten it. If there is, show me.

The way you people are praising him, you'd swear he procured the cure for cancer.

And as for the "grief" I've given him, well...it's TOTALLY irrelevant to this debate, and the mere fact that you'd bring it up at all shows how shaky your ground is where this specific matter and your reasoning therein is concerned. I stand by every ounce of grief I've doled out in his direction. If you cannot argue based solely on the issue at hand, then shut up.

And no, I don't care about his link to this download. You don't believe me? I care.

Here's a thought: if leaking this is no big deal why don't you go ahead and purchase a Fileserve account and host this material yourself? Go ahead and attach your name to it and sit back and see what happens.

I give mad props to Viva Hate for releasing it. Viva Hate has a set of brass balls.

As for the your attempts to "divine" the intentions of a person who you don't know, you sound like a crazy person. Relax, have a Snickers, take a Xanax, do something. "There is no indication he meant to share this publicly," I guess the PM I got telling me to check the Downloads section for a very rare item soon showed no intent? What, just because you were not formally consulted first before Viva released it that gives you the right to call his intentions into question? I think you give yourself far too much credit. Also, this bit about how dare someone try to barter what they have to acquire an additional rarity is so jejeune.

As for trading items being "so 10 years ago," maybe a bootleg of a concert isn't as big a deal as it was 10 years ago, but a pro-shot Warner copyrighted concert? Are you kidding me? You are really going to compare this to the likes of the Glastonbury show? Please...

You do realize others on this Forum had this concert? They flaunted it and at the end of the day only one person leaked it, and you give that one person grief? That's insane. Go rage on the people who had it and didn't post it. I think their intentions and motives are crystal clear, no?

Here's a thought: if leaking this is no big deal why don't you go ahead and purchase a Fileserve account and host this material yourself? Go ahead and attach your name to it and sit back and see what happens.

I give mad props to Viva Hate for releasing it. Viva Hate has a set of brass balls.

As for the your attempts to "divine" the intentions of a person who you don't know, you sound like a crazy person. Relax, have a Snickers, take a Xanax, do something. "There is no indication he meant to share this publicly," I guess the PM I got telling me to check the Downloads section for a very rare item soon showed no intent? What, just because you were not formally consulted first before Viva released it that gives you the right to call his intentions into question? I think you give yourself far too much credit. Also, this bit about how dare someone try to barter what they have to acquire an additional rarity is so jejeune.

As for trading items being "so 10 years ago," maybe a bootleg of a concert isn't as big a deal as it was 10 years ago, but a pro-shot Warner copyrighted concert? Are you kidding me? You are really going to compare this to the likes of the Glastonbury show? Please...

You do realize others on this Forum had this concert? They flaunted it and at the end of the day only one person leaked it, and you give that one person grief? That's insane. Go rage on the people who had it and didn't post it. I think their intentions and motives are crystal clear, no?

You've made multiple LONG posts now, very aggressively opinionated, and had NO typos or misspellings in the process.

I'm starting to like you, despite my strongest inclinations otherwise.

This post pretty much sums it up.

This post pretty much sums it up.

Not really. But it's written well, and that counts for something.

Plus I'm getting really bored with this line of discussion.

So, if you and Vaux would like to continue fellating Viva for giving you a good quality boot of a mid-level performance where Morrissey laughs and ad-libs his way through his set...OK, go ahead.

I'll gracefully bow out at this juncture. I've made my point ad nauseum, and cannot bear the idea of saying the same thing ten more times.

You, on the other hand, seem to have turned redundancy into an art form. Please carry on, to the approval of the majority.

Not really. But it's written well, and that counts for something.

Plus I'm getting really bored with this line of discussion.

So, if you and Vaux would like to continue fellating Viva for giving you a good quality boot of a mid-level performance where Morrissey laughs and ad-libs his way through his set...OK, go ahead.

I'll gracefully bow out at this juncture. I've made my point ad nauseum, and cannot bear the idea of saying the same thing ten more times.

You, on the other hand, seem to have turned redundancy into an art form. Please carry on, to the approval of the majority.

Someone is trying to be witty. And using the phrase ad nauseum, too?! Oh my. What a clever boy. If you come up with any more cutting, insightful, Morrissey-esque little replies then feel free to share them. I, "on the other hand", "at this juncture" "cannot" (because can't is too pedestrian) be bothered with "this line of discussion" anymore. I've made my point ad nauseum. I'll gracefully bow out at this juncture. Which will probably, on the other hand, gracefully, be to the approval of the majority.

Someone is trying to be witty. And using the phrase ad nauseum, too?! Oh my. What a clever boy. If you come up with any more cutting, insightful, Morrissey-esque little replies then feel free to share them. I, "on the other hand", "at this juncture" "cannot" (because can't is too pedestrian) be bothered with "this line of discussion" anymore. I've made my point ad nauseum. I'll gracefully bow out at this juncture. Which will probably, on the other hand, gracefully, be to the approval of the majority.

Love is only in your mind, not your heart.

I'd love to know the back story behind Viva Hate getting this... he either has deep pockets or someone out there is regretting letting him have a copy...

Thanks for sharing btw.

Dave

Mr hate can be silly and a bit OTT on here (but then can't we all). I expect in real life he can be...dare I say it..quite amusing. There are worse people I could think of to share a pint with.

I would love more than anything to get- The Elvis Pleather Suit, Halloween gig-on DVD
The demo with differing words of Bengali...
South with Morrissey- there were some DVDs sent out for this.
The extra footage from The Importance of Being Morrissey Doc- there MUST be a way to get this.

I would pay a modest amount for some of this.

Thanks for the share

Last edited:
I don't see it as noble; he only posted this when he did because his bluff was called regarding the "Kit" thread. His original intention was to hoard this until someone gave him Kit in a PM trade. When he was called out on being selfish and elitist, only then did he share this.

Then I'm sure you won't be downloading this, right?

Back
Top Bottom