Morrissey - Live at the Hollywood Bowl, 2007

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
Because, Sir, I haven't the first idea how to rip a DVD. If I did, I would help you. So there go. I can play it on the computer and get screen caps, that's about it. I can play DVDs but not rip them.

P.

Ganglord and Life Is a Pigsty/How Soon is Now from this DVD are amazing.
Got it blaring full-volume through my speakers now - can't thank you enough for sharing.

Okay, seriously guys: Do I understand this correctly that the only reason there isn't the video shared already because Uncleskinny would do so, but unfortunately doesn't know how to rip this baby?? This surely can be solved ... And what does "Death Disco" mean when he/she says: "Somebody else already did so [rip the DVD]" - is there a source??

In the name of God: Let's pull our socks up and get this DVD shared! Hell, I would pay my fair share any second if somebody paid a lot for this. (Which I would totally understand that he/she wants a few bucks from me in this case.) We just should have bought a copy together when it was on eBay and shared it here for everybody - would have been only a few euros/pounds/dollars for each as I'm sure enough would have participated ...

To quote GOB from "Arrested Development": COME ON!!!

Last edited:
Look. I have no idea how to do this. I have someone coming tomorrow who might be able to help. Here's some pics...

23hoaah.jpg

2pzwx37.jpg

2mmzr76.jpg

htdzia.jpg

P.

Oh My God!!! Lets get this sorted ASAP!!! I had no idea you had the gemstone in your nest all along Uncle!!! Someone help the man to share!!!

This would be VERY great and VERY appreciated, Uncleskinny. As this is a brilliant video document with Morrissey in top form, a 1:1 copy (VOB files) would be the best thing. The next best thing would be a very high bitrate rip. Remember that you don't depend on services like Megaupload with limited data sizes, you could also create a torrent on smithstorrents.co.uk. This DVD definitely is too awesome to be compressed ...

If you can work something out, I (and probably all the others here, too) would be eternally grateful. If I can help out in this case any way (don't know how, to be honest, but you never know), just let me know and I'll be there in the very same second.

If anyone wants to add a cover to the audio files for use on an iPod or mp3 player, perhaps this will do. It's simple, but to the point.

image1bxv.jpg

I don't see it as noble; he only posted this when he did because his bluff was called regarding the "Kit" thread. His original intention was to hoard this until someone gave him Kit in a PM trade. When he was called out on being selfish and elitist, only then did he share this.

I mean, none of this music is his to begin with: it's Morrissey's. Uploading bootlegs and rarities is awesome, but there shouldn't even be a split-second's worth of time devoted to the notion of hoarding in the first place. No one owns these unreleased recordings, so if someone happens upon them somehow, they should immediately share with all, not use it as a leverage mechanism.

You're joking right? So, if Viva Hate were to have been able to swing a trade with another collector and release both the Hollywood Bowl DVD and Kit you would be upset?!

That's how the collecting scene works: people trade their rarities for other rarities. As Mr Reynolds already alluded to: this was the last best bet at getting a copy of Kit.

Save your venom for those on the Forum who have possessed this same material, made frequent reference to it, and never released it.

This would be VERY great and VERY appreciated, Uncleskinny. As this is a brilliant video document with Morrissey in top form, a 1:1 copy (VOB files) would be the best thing. The next best thing would be a very high bitrate rip. Remember that you don't depend on services like Megaupload with limited data sizes, you could also create a torrent on smithstorrents.co.uk. This DVD definitely is too awesome to be compressed ...

If you can work something out, I (and probably all the others here, too) would be eternally grateful. If I can help out in this case any way (don't know how, to be honest, but you never know), just let me know and I'll be there in the very same second.

There are loads of options here. I think what is important that we move fast to get it to as many people as possible before Warner finds out.

What if we simply created an ISO, used WinRAR, and broke it up into several file parts? Then we just upload them on FileApe, FileDude, MediaFire?

I think the torrent idea is a good one as it'll get out to a lot of people quickly.

Like zivilars, if anyone needs help please ask through PM. I have a Premium Fileserve account. I'm not thrilled with the idea of hosting the DVD for a long period of time, but if someone needs to upload it quickly and it is a large file (multiple gis) let me know and I'll help too.

Thanks again!

Vaux

Handbrake is a free program that will rip it into a file, if you would and could..

Here's the link to Handbrake. The app is free, just choose the operating system you have (Mac OS, Windows, etc) and then click on the appropriate download link. Again, if you need help, just ask. :)

http://handbrake.fr/downloads.php

Here's the link to Handbrake. The app is free, just choose the operating system you have (Mac OS, Windows, etc) and then click on the appropriate download link. Again, if you need help, just ask. :)

http://handbrake.fr/downloads.php

If encoded with Handbrake to a single m4v-file, I would suggest "Constant quality" with RF 19 and AAC Audio (CoreAudio) with 160 kbps. But I don't want to confuse with this stuff - an ISO image, as Vauxhall95 suggested, would be even better and easier I guess. Once the 1:1 copy circulates, I'm sure there will be a small Divx version for those with limited bandwith, too. Then there would be the original in perfect quality which can be encoded to everything the people like. This way, everybody will be happy and peace on earth will finally become true! :)

Look. I have no idea how to do this. I have someone coming tomorrow who might be able to help. Here's some pics...

23hoaah.jpg

2pzwx37.jpg

2mmzr76.jpg

htdzia.jpg

P.

You called some guy who openly shared this a tosser. You have the same DVD but obviously had no intention of sharing it. It takes about a minute to find and download software to rip the DVD you have.
I'm not interested in getting into an argument. The "i have something you don't" disease is obviously wider spread than we thought.
Even so, it doesn't matter in the long run, we've got what we want.
Thanks, Viva Hate. Most significant post in YEARS.

Back
Top Bottom