Morrissey Live At Hollywood Bowl DVD - on youtube

It was very cold that night. And weird.

Wow, that is some good footage. He looks/sounds great! Wonder why he doesn't want it released?

He looks and sounds great. It's already better than "Who Put the M....?". Hopefully it will be released!

"Girlfriend in a Coma" is amusing.

Love it when he eyeballs the camera at 1.07 and does that weird "ba, bla, eeeh, ba ba bleh" bit while stroking his hair. And the "what am I doing with my life?" expression on his face at 1.19 is hilarious :D

The Bowl performance of "Please Please Please..." is very affecting and emotional - he's crying from 2.20-2.30 :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I've realised he always cries during "Please Please...". That song must hit somewhere really painful for him. ugh :(

907392_0.jpg

I got to see all this prison chic greatness with my own eyes from a scalped ticket box seat, Jesse-side. Yaaaaaaayyyyyyyy. :)mad:)

The Bowl performance of "Please Please Please..." is very affecting and emotional - he's crying from 2.20-2.30 :( I've realised he always cries during "Please Please...". That song must hit somewhere really painful for him.

excellent point.

How long is that song, on average? Two to three minutes, maybe

you should post this out on the main page every time the Anonymous troll army start saying what a washed-up failure the guy is. Ask them if they've ever created anything in their life that still moved them to tears thirty years later

excellent point.

How long is that song, on average? Two to three minutes, maybe

you should post this out on the main page every time the Anonymous troll army start saying what a washed-up failure the guy is. Ask them if they've ever created anything in their life that still moved them to tears thirty years later

The song moves him so much he decided to cash in on it a few years later. :lbf:

for some reason the tears whether genuine or crocodile (he is, despite his protestations, a performer) remind me of Whitney houston's So Emotional.

Its shocking what love can do....

A Morrissey Memory, a Friday night in June, 2007. The Hollywood Bowl sold out for Morrissey. We see the signs that a video filming will be happening. Thousands upon thousands arrive, excitement building like Christmas as a kid! We know it's gonna happen tonight! Morrissey arrives and steps on stage in his white jacket, looking very Morrissey. The show wonderful, the group splendid, "the voice", magnificent!
Though it was the encore that remains unforgettable. "Back To the Old House" turns the Hollywood Bowl into an eruption of love and kindness for Morrissey that words can never describe. Was that you Boz on the mandolin? Simply beautiful! This Morrissey show has to be released on DVD as one of his very best ever.
Hey there Morrissey, continued successes & good luck in Japan and South America to you and all the crew!
Always... mollyn'david

Box seat oh, not much chance of seeing you in the pit then.

No. I was right next to a ginormous camera which I thought was good because the chances of me being caught by it were none. They were panning the audience in the one song I saw. I went alone and this lady who shared the box with me was drinking wine and she bought me a glass or two if I recall. I thought at the end she was going to say "Surprise! Okay now we go backstage!" I am an idiot. I drove home crying. Actually FIRST I went to dinner with this stranger lady at Mel's Diner afterward because I thought she was going to say "Okay NOW I'll take you to meet him." and I saw all these "mel-then-it-happens" signs, then I drove home crying. It was a profoundly shitty evening on a number of levels. :o

Long story short I've become sturdier about expecting anything after a Moz show, but there was a TON of cosmic hype I picked up about that stuipid Bowl show. God looooooooves a camera and a crowd. Okay I'll shut up now. :p

Last edited:
No. I was right next to a ginormous camera which I thought was good because the chances of me being caught by it were none. They were panning the audience in the one song I saw. I went alone and this lady who shared the box with me was drinking wine and she bought me a glass or two if I recall. I thought at the end she was going to say "Surprise! Okay now we go backstage!" I am an idiot. I drove home crying. Actually FIRST I went to dinner with this stranger lady at Mel's Diner afterward because I thought she was going to say "Okay NOW I'll take you to meet him." and I saw all these "mel-then-it-happens" signs, then I drove home crying. It was a profoundly shitty evening on a number of levels. :o

Long story short I've become sturdier about expecting anything after a Moz show, but there was a TON of cosmic hype I picked up about that stuipid Bowl show. God looooooooves a camera and a crowd. Okay I'll shut up now. :p

Oh I always expect to be invited backstage by a mysterious stranger.

Tags
hollywood bowl
Back
Top Bottom