"Morrissey: L'insoumis" by Nicolas Sauvage released Feb. 28, 2022

full

Amazon description:

Morrissey: L'insoumis Paperback – February 28, 2022
French Edition by Nicolas Sauvage (Author)
  • Publisher ‏ : ‎ CAMION BLANC (February 28, 2022)
  • Language ‏ : ‎ French
  • Paperback ‏ : ‎ 624 pages
  • ISBN-10 ‏ : ‎ 2378483031
  • ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-2378483036
  • Item Weight ‏ : ‎ 1.38 pounds

if only i spoke french.
viva ukraine.🇺🇦

Great cover photo of Morrissey by Renaud Monfourny - also used for the Bona Drag album poster. Car by Ford of Britain.

Translated blurb in full:

Dismissing all the prevailing clichés in the world of pop music, Morrissey revealed one of the most compelling characters in modern British music. At the head of the Smiths, he managed to impose a style as singular as it was influential, becoming at the same time a breathtaking singer and an instantly identifiable stylist. A marginal personality endowed with a talent as a lyricist with a sharp pen, it only took one album for the obvious to emerge: pop would never be the same again after the arrival of this amazing character. In fact, Morrissey's 40-year career today forms an exciting English story. From the first upheavals of English punk to his recent concerts in Las Vegas, the author of the classics Meat Is Murder, The Queen Is Dead, Your Arsenal, Vauxhall & I or even Ringleader Of The Tormentors, seems to have had several lives. In each of them, he remained faithful to his convictions. By advocating vegetarianism and rejecting the insipid pop of his time, willingly positioning himself on the fringes, but affirming his authenticity and his differences, the man nicknamed Moz has become a divisive and sometimes contradictory character, but systematically fascinating. He has become one of the most recognizable voices of English rock, but also one of its key figures. This book retraces the astonishing journey of this Mancunian who changed the face of British music.

FWD.

That translates as 'Morrissey: The Rebel' doesn't it?
A great 60s British comedy starring Tony Hancock!

I...
I...
I still...
cannot...
speak...
French...
I...
I'm...
very lazy".

Nice cover though.

In the beginning, and before Severed Alliance, etc there were only two little books in my possession that were my ‘bibles’ and they were ‘In His Own Words’ and ‘The Smiths’ by Mick Middles. Both most likely inaccurate and full of misquotes, but they were all I had.

We will always have another book about Morrissey, another book expressing someone’s interest and love for this one of a kind human being. But after Autobiography, is it really necessary?

Of course after he passes, there will be books proclaiming to tell the ‘truth’. Though, they will only be filled with petty nasty gossip to give the author their 15 minutes of fame and a easy paycheck.

Would be interested in reading a book from Jackie, Jo, or Linder. Or even from Boz.

Last edited:
Great cover photo of Morrissey by Renaud Monfourny - also used for the Bona Drag album poster. Car by Ford of Britain.
It's on my door in my converted attic room where I listen to records. Moz is the Mona Lisa and watches you no matter where you are in the room. In a nice way. Not in a creepy M.R.James Mezzotint kind of way. I mean he hasn't moved in the picture yet anyway.

It's on my door in my converted attic room where I listen to records. Moz is the Mona Lisa and watches you no matter where you are in the room. In a nice way. Not in a creepy M.R.James Mezzotint kind of way. I mean he hasn't moved in the picture yet anyway.
I got mine with the HMV 'exclusive' re-issue. I haven't put it up anywhere.

I got mine with the HMV 'exclusive' re-issue. I haven't put it up anywhere.
I got mine there too. All my old Moz/Cure posters were dumped by an in-law a few years ago. I decided to use the free poster from Bona Drag.

I...
I...
I still...
cannot...
speak...
French...
I...
I'm...
very lazy".

Nice cover though.

In the beginning, and before Severed Alliance, etc there were only two little books in my possession that were my ‘bibles’ and they were ‘In His Own Words’ and ‘The Smiths’ by Mick Middles. Both most likely inaccurate and full of misquotes, but they were all I had.

We will always have another book about Morrissey, another book expressing someone’s interest and love for this one of a kind human being. But after Autobiography, is it really necessary?

Of course after he passes, there will be books proclaiming to tell the ‘truth’. Though, they will only be filled with petty nasty gossip to give the author their 15 minutes of fame and a easy paycheck.

Would be interested in reading a book from Jackie, Jo, or Linder. Or even from Boz.

I've just started to read Set the Boy Free. I felt bad for enjoying Vegan's Marr-bashing a little bit, so I'm starting afresh with Johnny and I'll see how I feel when I get to know him better. £2.99 download on Google Play.

I...
I...
I still...
cannot...
speak...
French...
I...
I'm...
very lazy".

Nice cover though.

If of course those are reliable sources, that would be good, but for now better not, There is Moz for a while, Moz's career and life is still in process. Moz dear we want tour/s and that you show us a theme BOT!!!!! We love you Mozuchissss

I just heard a song from Johnny's new album called Good's gift on youtube and in one part it seems to name Morrissey, ha ha the more I see.... Morrissey, and also that song begins and ends just like Stop Stop of the Smiths. mmmmm Gracioso !!!!!

I've just started to read Set the Boy Free. I felt bad for enjoying Vegan's Marr-bashing a little bit, so I'm starting afresh with Johnny and I'll see how I feel when I get to know him better. £2.99 download on Google Play.
That should put you right to sleep

I’ve read it. it’s not that bad.
Exactly. I think too many people are absolute: pro Moz/anti Marr or pro Marr/anti Moz. I've read Marr's book and Moz's Autobiography and a whole load of books about Moz and The Smiths. I've ordered the new Marr 2LP because I like at least 9 of the 16 songs, despite him not being the best singer or lyricist. I'm sick of Marr dissing Moz but that doesn't mean I hate him or have written him off. Just like I didn't write Moz off the odd time he said something I disliked.

I also like several songs of Fever, but it is obvious that my favorite and only singer is Moz, but I love the Smiths and Johnny is the 2nd important part of the group so I do not lie, I like Johnny but as a guitarist and musician, although I recognize an evolution in the vocalization of Marr, but 1st is Moz!!!!!!⁸

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom