Morrissey, LIAR-he has never slept with a woman

• Thread starter Journalistic integrity
  • Start date
J

Journalistic integrity

If there is a great mystery in Morrissey's life, however, it relates not to his business acumen but to his sexuality: a subject of endless fascination to his admirers ever since 1983 when Morrissey announced that he was celibate, thus apparently committing himself to a discipline attempted by only a few exceptional historical figures: men such as John Paul II, John Ruskin and Stephen Fry. How was it going?

'Well, I don't have physical relationships, if that's what you mean,' Morrissey said. 'But to use the word celibacy, to apply it to oneself is like implying that one has made a very firm decision. And that is not the case in my life. But physical relationships I never had. And if you never had, you never do,' he added, cryptically. 'The amount of activity I have actually experienced in my life could be crammed down to a rather pathetic couple of hours.'

His previous pronouncements on the subject have, I suggested, been rather confusing. In interviews he has said, variously, that 'I can't imagine my body ever feeling sexual excitement', that 'I wasn't aware of sexual experience until I was 28', and that 'I lost my virginity at 13'. These statements seemed somewhat inconsistent.

'Well — they are inconsistent,' he says. 'But not all of our lives are as cut and dried and black and white as they should be. Or as they might even seem to be.' So there you have it. Morrissey, who was heavily influenced by the feminist literature of the late Seventies, still argues that he as 'never seen the world as a gender-specific place'.

The abundance of homo-erotic imagery in his lyrics and album covers (Your Arsenal, for example, shows him brandishing a microphone in a highly suggestive manner) should not, he says, be taken as a veiled declaration of homosexuality. 'I'm not running ahead and leaving clues hidden behind bus stops, as it were,' he says. 'One of my physical encounters was with a man. That was 10 years ago. It was just a very brief, absurd and amusing moment,' adds Morrissey, in his best Oscar Wilde. 'It wasn't love. I have never experienced that.'

Has he slept with women? 'Yes. I feel completely open. If I met somebody tomorrow, male or female, and they loved me and I loved them, I would openly proclaim that I loved them, regardless of what they were. I think people should be loved whatever their gender, whatever their age. I am open to everything. I accept that my experience is different from that of most men. But I feel reasonably normal. I don't feel like a freak. My world is bigger. I never lived in a small town with small morals. I don't want to take drugs. I don't, so far as I am aware, want to take part in activities such as group sex. I'm

Great Googly Moogly!!!! Where did you get that from? I guess he won't be invited back to our monthly meeting, then.

P.S. Nobody has any dirt on Sir Cliff, do they?

> Great Googly Moogly!!!! Where did you get that from? I guess he won't be
> invited back to our monthly meeting, then.

> P.S. Nobody has any dirt on Sir Cliff, do they?

How old was that interview? A good 10 years at least.
We all know about Jake and He's talked about using drugs.
I'm tired of this gossip, who cares as long as he can still sing.
Maybe some of this was true when he was being interviewed but I'm sure he's been around the block a couple of times since.

I know a lot of stuff most of you guys here don't know about Morrissey, and if you knew what I know, you would have never posted that message. To tell you the truth, I did not read it because I am not up for reading Bibles. I happen to know many people who work at some of the clubs on Sunset. I also know that Chris and Truthfull Liar are not the only Morrissey stalkers who lurke outside the Mozzer's home. I could give full descriptions of some the stalkers, who happen to be girls, but that's another topic.

> I know a lot of stuff most of you guys here don't know about Morrissey,
> and if you knew what I know, you would have never posted that message. To
> tell you the truth, I did not read it because I am not up for reading
> Bibles. I happen to know many people who work at some of the clubs on
> Sunset. I also know that Chris and Truthfull Liar are not the only
> Morrissey stalkers who lurke outside the Mozzer's home. I could give full
> descriptions of some the stalkers, who happen to be girls, but that's
> another topic.

i don't know what's more depressing. reading war crap or reading this crap.

> Oh and what do you mean?

well, a mix. not only people like our friend proclaiming they know everything based on interviews that are years old, but also, well, the 13 year old pin-up posting girl inside likes a single moz. :^)

Right I want a good clean fight. No mincing and no running away.

ROUND ONE!

> Right I want a good clean fight. No mincing and no running away.

> ROUND ONE!

wait. who am i fighting?

> wait. who am i fighting?

It sounded like you VS. I love Gary ?
Anyway, my moneys on you Suzanne.

> It sounded like you VS. I love Gary ?
> Anyway, my moneys on you Suzanne.

why? because i was raised in the streets?

but this whole thing's been misread. i would have no reason to attack this person unless i had any reason to believe that they are making up crap for starters, and secondly, it looks like they are taking more of a supportive position on the argument than taking old interviews and being able to draw any current conclusions from it. does anyone here really want to be judged by something they said so long ago?

Back
Top Bottom