Morrissey letters.

I don't want to be a pessimist, but this just doesn't ring true.

I'd love to be proven wrong; this particular selection just doesn't have the same tone or the same style as the widely-accepted-to-be-authentic Moz letters from around this period, though.
I don't think this letter is authentic. Sorry.

Agree, totally not him. Too miserable, staid and lacking in playfulness. Sounds like something someone wrote after reading that Rogan book.

I don't want to be a pessimist, but this just doesn't ring true.

I'd love to be proven wrong; this particular selection just doesn't have the same tone or the same style as the widely-accepted-to-be-authentic Moz letters from around this period, though.
I don't think this letter is authentic. Sorry.

Oh my oh my, they've been delivered to someone,
and authenticated so put that in ya pipe and smoke it.
What it is with you peeps?
I f***ing well knew 100% that they were genuine before I handed 'em over anyway. I knew Julie Porter (the recipient) when she was in touch with Mozzer and have seen 100's of other letters of the like. So stop putting your incorrect analytical posts on here and enjoy 'em or don't enjoy 'em, which ever you choose.

Oh my oh my, they've been delivered to someone,
and authenticated so put that in ya pipe and smoke it.
What it is with you peeps?
I f***ing well knew 100% that they were genuine before I handed 'em over anyway. I knew Julie Porter (the recipient) when she was in touch with Mozzer and have seen 100's of other letters of the like. So stop putting your incorrect analytical posts on here and enjoy 'em or don't enjoy 'em, which ever you choose.

like I said, I'd like to be proven wrong. we shall see.

Do we have a timeline?

Authenticated? That's interesting. By Julie Porter? She gave them to you though right? By the way, why did she want to get rid of them? And what changed your mind about selling them?

She wasn't a Morrissey fan and knew that I was etc etc...and don't forget Julie (I presume), unless she has binned or lost them still has the original letters. She kindly let me copy them in 1990ish..........
Selling them? No!

Last edited:
TCM has been kind enough to let me see the letters.
In my opinion they are real.
I hope to have a more authoritative opinion soon.

Real or not they do not belong to me so I won't be scanning them or doing anything else except returning them to TCM.

I must admit I thought it was a hoax until I held them in my hands yesterday.

Now give the guy a break. He owes you nothing.

Hang on. I don't understand. At first you had a year long wait to scan them. after some 'misunderstanding' you bowed out and tcm said someone else had them (and I assume, will be scanning them).

However, you appear to have now seen them. But you're not scanning them because they don't belong to you? Something is missing here. Someone is not being honest.

I'm not saying it is you however, we've had stories of several people acting as one, accusations, a long time to wait for a simple action and backroom dealings.

I'm finding it all very amusing.

Glad that you find it all amusing.

This Charming Man IS Helen Bach.

Yeah, you can get all bitchy on my Helen, I really don't give a shit.

This tired old story is getting reeeallll boring, TCM.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for all the PM's of support regarding this subject.
Some people have some really weird imaginations. I hand the letters over to someone and all I get is posts accusing me of being a hoaxing liar.
I really don't know why I f***in' bothered in the first place.
Once again thanks to everyone for your PM's. It means a lot to me.

This Charming Man IS Helen Bach.

Yeah, you can get all bitchy on my Helen, I really don't give a shit.

This tired old story is getting reeeallll boring, TCM.

BTW imogen11 if I find something reeeallll boring I don't usually read it let alone respond to it!

Thank you so much for all the PM's of support regarding this subject.
Some people have some really weird imaginations. I hand the letters over to someone and all I get is posts accusing me of being a hoaxing liar.
I really don't know why I f***in' bothered in the first place.
Once again thanks to everyone for your PM's. It means a lot to me.

So whats the verdict ? you gonna cough 'em up to be scanned , posted and dissected by every queen and their 19th somethin' or other relative ?

You could then pass your idle hours reading the endless flow of nonsensical drivel that will surely follow :eek:

Or you can keep them and feed further the speculataion that all of this is just papier mache or at least 40% of it ;)

Either way , its practically a no win situation for you my friend , but i wish you the best in this endeavor.

Last edited:
So whats the verdict ? you gonna cough 'em up to be scanned , posted and dissected by every queen and their 19th somethin' or other relative ?

You could then pass your idle hours reading the endless flow of nonsensical drivel that will surely follow :eek:

Or you can keep them and feed further the specuataion that all of this is just papier mache or at least 40% of it ;)

Either way , its practically a no win situation for you my friend , but i wish you the best in this endeavour.

Some sense spoken at last. I think you know that I regret divulging this info.:confused:
I don't think I'm going to receive much kudos whatever happens

It's turning into an intriguing soap.

Yes, well, that street runs both ways. Anyway, I wasn't being critical, just asking questions. Are questions not allowed?

jeane I don't think for one minute that helen meant that comment particularly to you.

Are questions not allowed?

Sorry not on this forum they arent , these folks prefer heads buried in sand , unless it was their question and it serves their own personal agenda :eek:

Stupid question alert, so exactly where are the letters now? I live near Denton.....hmm

Stupid question alert, so exactly where are the letters now? I live near Denton.....hmm

I have the letters, but I think on reflection and with my integrity still intact that the best course of action would be for them to remain 'private'.
I'm a true believer in 'do unto others..........' So with that in mind it is best that they are not posted for all and sundry. On reflection I certainly wouldn't want some private letters, that I wrote to a friend, to be displayed for the public to see and analyse whether they are fake or real. Like a previous poster stated I was always in a no win situation here so I hope you respect my decision and don't berate me for it [the decision].

I have the letters, but I think on reflection and with my integrity still intact that the best course of action would be for them to remain 'private'.
I'm a true believer in 'do unto others..........' So with that in mind it is best that they are not posted for all and sundry. On reflection I certainly wouldn't want some private letters, that I wrote to a friend, to be displayed for the public to see and analyse whether they are fake or real. Like a previous poster stated I was always in a no win situation here so I hope you respect my decision and don't berate me for it [the decision].

Great. Can you promise that's the last we'll hear of them then. :)

Back
Top Bottom