Morrissey letters.

Why do Moz fans make a conspiracy out of everything?
I've just 'popped up' because I have a life. Nothing you lot have posted has interested me for ages. And I've been busy flying between USA, Italy and UK.

I am not him and he is not me. Now shut up.

Charming... I've sent you a pm with my number.

Charming! :rolleyes:

Speaking of letters, I'm reading, Morrissey: Scandal and Passion, and it frequently mentions Morrissey's handwriting as being very distinct. Anyone know what the characteristics of his handwriting are?

Speaking of letters, I'm reading, Morrissey: Scandal and Passion, and it frequently mentions Morrissey's handwriting as being very distinct. Anyone know what the characteristics of his handwriting are?

um, looks like a 3 year old's handwriting - it's kinda cute :)

sunbags wrote one year ago:
I, for one, am very glad you're posting these. I'm sure most people will be delighted to read them, as they're probably not very personal, like the letters he sent to the scottish guy (Rob was his name, I think). It's not as if they're letters he wrote to Jake, which would be very revelatory!

So the letters to Rob are not fake?
Not very personal?
I remember him saying he is bisexual, but we already knew that.

sunbags wrote one year ago:
I, for one, am very glad you're posting these. I'm sure most people will be delighted to read them, as they're probably not very personal, like the letters he sent to the scottish guy (Rob was his name, I think). It's not as if they're letters he wrote to Jake, which would be very revelatory!

So the letters to Rob are not fake?
Not very personal?
I remember him saying he is bisexual, but we already knew that.

Er, yes the letters to Rob are not fake (or at least I don't believe them to be)..........I don't understand, did I say that they were? Also, the letters he sent to Rob aren't very personal in that Morrissey reveals little about himself, which, as we know, is just Morrisseys' style of doing things.

His writing has changed over the years hasn't it?

The font that can be found here (albeit it is computed generated) looks more usual than his scrawl of 1981.

While not disputing the legitimacy of the letter, by the look of it, the letter was either written by a frail old man, or perhaps he was writing it during a earthquake.

By the way TCM, a year to scan some pages? Did your fingers fall off?
No, I became very poorly and have only just been able to get back online and my lack of IT skills doesn't allow me, hence I want someone to call round to collect them.

Er, yes the letters to Rob are not fake (or at least I don't believe them to be)..........I don't understand, did I say that they were? Also, the letters he sent to Rob aren't very personal in that Morrissey reveals little about himself, which, as we know, is just Morrisseys' style of doing things.

No, you didn't say that, but when I posted a link to the transcription of these letters, some people on here said they were fake.
My post was not very clear.
:)

This story is old.... but it goes on...

I sent him my phone number.
He sent a text message to say he is going to photocopy the letters so I can collect them
That was yesterday.

I'm still waiting nearby with the engine running.

I'm sure I went through all this last year.

Fool me once - shame on you.
Fool me twice.....

Last edited:
This story is old.... but it goes on...

I sent him my phone number.
He sent a text message to say he is going to photocopy the letters so I can collect them
That was yesterday.

I'm still waiting nearby with the engine running.

I'm sure I went through all this last year.

Fool me once - shame on you.
Fool me twice.....
I don't like your attitude. Somebody else can do it.
Why didn't you ring me, as requested?

Good luck to anyone who continues down this fool's dead end, I'm out of the loop.

So why did you just ring me? BTW if you've been commuting between Italy, USA and the UK, then it doesn't take einstein to suss that you're a publicist or something of that ilk!

Good luck to anyone who continues down this fool's dead end, I'm out of the loop.

Very very strange! You ring me and ask for my address to pick up the letters. You said you'd be here in half an hour and I hear nothing else from you. I think the jaunting from Italy, USA and the UK gave it away. And you have the nerve to disrespect me.:confused:

Not to worry they'll be in the post to someone else tomorrow.

No, you didn't say that, but when I posted a link to the transcription of these letters, some people on here said they were fake.
My post was not very clear.
:)

Ah, I see. And yes, those were the letters I was talking about (in the link provided).

This is like watching a train wreck... I just hope no one ever finds my teenage letters and judges them interesting enough to share with the whole world. I don't think I was at my rational best at 17. In fact, I can prove it.

This is like watching a train wreck... I just hope no one ever finds my teenage letters and judges them interesting enough to share with the whole world. I don't think I was at my rational best at 17. In fact, I can prove it.

It is ok, no one will be remotely interested in your letters.

Just jesting;)

Back
Top Bottom