Morrissey letters to Girl In A Coma

Mary Rodriguez writes:

Check out Facebook.com/girlinacoma

The giac girls posted two notes they received from Morrissey back from their 2008 tour! Now to work on bringing them back on the road with Morrissey in 2014!

1528480_10152162127846063_1583149141_n.jpg

#tbt We did two tours with Morrissey and after each one he gave us a nice thank you card. It was our first big tour and taught us a lot about the road, people and ourselves. Morrissey was pretty amazing to us too. Forever grateful to him for the opportunity :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this band. Would be amazing if they joined Moz again. They have a covers album out where they do Bowie, Velvet Underground and joy Division. Good stuff. I also heard their cover of Rubber Ring on a smiths tribute album that's pretty great too. I highly recommend this band if you haven't heard already

In my wildest dreams, Morrissey would forgo any opening band. It's a thankless job, opening for Morrissey, and a blow to any band's self esteem. 9/10 of the crowd mills about in the lobby, or golf-claps at the end of each song.
I would love to se him do a 2 hour show, and mix the setlist up a bit for the obsessives who bankrupt themselves to be there multiple nights.

That being said, I don't care who opens for him, as long as it isn't Kristeen Young for the ump-f***ing-teenth time!

In my wildest dreams, Morrissey would forgo any opening band. It's a thankless job, opening for Morrissey, and a blow to any band's self esteem. 9/10 of the crowd mills about in the lobby, or golf-claps at the end of each song.
I would love to se him do a 2 hour show, and mix the setlist up a bit for the obsessives who bankrupt themselves to be there multiple nights.

That being said, I don't care who opens for him, as long as it isn't Kristeen Young for the ump-f***ing-teenth time!

Kristeen Young has already said she will be opening for him on the 2014 tour, only this time she'll have a full band with her.

Kristeen Young has already said she will be opening for him on the 2014 tour, only this time she'll have a full band with her.

What a waste of opportunity.

Dear God, please help us (all).

There are so many REAL musicians out there who would light up that stage and prep the crowd for Morrissey. But he keeps going back to her under some bizarre delusion she's an independent, strong singer. She's not. Her connections to the industry are mostly not a result of her own merit. Her new thing with Dave Grohl is because she glommed on to April Richardson who is FAMOUS and became "friends" with her and April made the connection for her. She used Boz on the album because of Morrissey. She had Tony produce it because he puts his dick in her. The cover GLORIFIES SPOUSAL ABUSE while she pouts and looks sexy with a f***ing black eye. When did all that happen? Years ago? But let's all feel sorry for her. When Morrissey was sick she made bitchy posts about being put out by it all then deleted them, she'll throw his ass under the bus in a heartbeat if it gets people feeling sorry for her. She is NOT an independent, strong woman, she's a kiss ass coddled brat and I'm f***ing sick of her.

And another thing! She doesn't like kitten and puppy videos. Who the f*** doesn't like kitten and puppy videos? HORRIBLE PEOPLE. I hate her. Case closed.

Well, here's to hoping for seated venues, so I can waltz in as she is finishing up with the shrieking.

Last year I saw YoLaTengo at Town Hall in NYC and they played two sets, as they had no opener. I heard about it the day before and was sure to arrive on time, but many missed half the first set. The first set was all acoustic and the second one "plugged". I've never seen a band do that before (although I've heard of it)

Point being, I was fantasizing of a Morrissey show like that. It would be beyond epic! However, it will never happen.

Where did she say this? Facebook?

I quite like Kristeen and would even go see her solo if it was on a good night for me, but....Moz needs new blood! This new tour (which doesn't actually exist yet) will be a fresh new start for him. It doesn't need to be as it's always been.:rolleyes:

At least a quarter of the bands I now follow are a result of discovering them as openers. I tried Kristeen. She is repetitive and her personality is unappreciative. Good luck to her and all that but new blood please.

Last year I saw YoLaTengo at Town Hall in NYC and they played two sets, as they had no opener. I heard about it the day before and was sure to arrive on time, but many missed half the first set. The first set was all acoustic and the second one "plugged". I've never seen a band do that before (although I've heard of it)

Point being, I was fantasizing of a Morrissey show like that. It would be beyond epic! However, it will never happen.

I remember when he did a handful of shows in Asia and they traditionally don't have opening bands at those venues. The shows were all pretty phenomenal according to reports, maybe because the crowd was fresh. Also the reports came back FAST! I loved those shows.

(I haven't seen YoLA yet though I'd love to.)

I didn't know April Richardson is famous. I met her back when she was rude and immature and a voracious meat eater. Since then I hear she got a job on a late night TV show and quit her marriage. Oh well. Is Kristeen a meat eater?

BlueSkiesInTheDaytime

There are so many REAL musicians out there who would light up that stage and prep the crowd for Morrissey. But he keeps going back to her under some bizarre delusion she's an independent, strong singer. She's not. Her connections to the industry are mostly not a result of her own merit. Her new thing with Dave Grohl is because she glommed on to April Richardson who is FAMOUS and became "friends" with her and April made the connection for her. She used Boz on the album because of Morrissey. She had Tony produce it because he puts his dick in her. The cover GLORIFIES SPOUSAL ABUSE while she pouts and looks sexy with a f***ing black eye. When did all that happen? Years ago? But let's all feel sorry for her. When Morrissey was sick she made bitchy posts about being put out by it all then deleted them, she'll throw his ass under the bus in a heartbeat if it gets people feeling sorry for her. She is NOT an independent, strong woman, she's a kiss ass coddled brat and I'm f***ing sick of her.

I didn't know April Richardson is famous. I met her back when she was rude and immature and a voracious meat eater. Since then I hear she got a job on a late night TV show and quit her marriage. Oh well. Is Kristeen a meat eater?

BlueSkiesInTheDaytime

I don't know their dietary habits, I just know a kiss-ass from a true interaction. Around the time the Hollywood High concert was happening Kristeen was laying on the smoochie-kissy-you're-so wonderful comments to April so thick you'd need a vomit bag to get through it. And every night the back of April's head was seen at the barrier. I think Kristeen had visions of April asking Chelsey Handler if she could do a spot on the show, instead she wore her t-shirt and it was a big f***ing deal. BUT she got the Dave Grohl gig, good for her. April said in her set the other night (I wasn't planning on seeing her) she doesn't smoke or drink, not sure what she and Kristeen have in common at the end of the day. :rolleyes:

Where did she say this? Facebook?

I quite like Kristeen and would even go see her solo if it was on a good night for me, but....Moz needs new blood! This new tour (which doesn't actually exist yet) will be a fresh new start for him. It doesn't need to be as it's always been.:rolleyes:

I'm not on Facebook so I don't know if she has made a public announcement. I was told by two mutual acquaintances, one of whom is working with her.

I'm not on Facebook so I don't know if she has made a public announcement. I was told by two mutual acquaintances, one of whom is working with her.

quite sure Kristeen will open for Morrissey, but not every show. Morrissey will work with another producer and possibly he'll suggest new band. Kristeen could be a special guest in some show and maybe back vocal as in That's How...If you like her or not they are friends and her new disc is not so bad, be confident.

Short of EVERYONE boycotting and/or booing the opening act to show our complete disapproval, she's gonna be around. Was delighted to hear of the new tour, but had a sense of dread when I realized he may have Kristeen as an opening act again. I think a poster above said something about a seated venue and waiting to come in after her set. I may well do that this time around. Sick of her too. Her so called album cover is disturbing, as is the singer herself.

quite sure Kristeen will open for Morrissey, but not every show. Morrissey will work with another producer and possibly he'll suggest new band. Kristeen could be a special guest in some show and maybe back vocal as in That's How...If you like her or not they are friends and her new disc is not so bad, be confident.

I have f***ed up dark friends who play the sympathy card and try to use me too but I do my best not to let them. She's not on his side. Let her go be independent and get a positive opening band, not someone who hates children unless they star in her video and who pretends to care for animals if it suits her agenda to be included only to belong to the clique that trash talks him after hours.

Ah, I didn't know all that. Thanks for the insight. :) I know April used to call herself "straightedge" for "no smoke no drink," but I always thought that "straightedge" meant "no meat" too, but who knows. I never actually researched the origin of the word. Okay, so I guess I will do that now. Here's the Wikipedia description:

Straight edge is a subculture and subgenre of hardcore punk whose adherents refrain from using alcohol, tobacco, and other recreational drugs. It was a direct reaction to the sexual revolution, hedonism, and excess associated with punk rock.[1][2] For some, this extends to not engaging in promiscuous sex, following a vegetarian or vegan diet, and not using caffeine or prescription drugs.[1] The term was adopted from the song "Straight Edge" by the 1980s hardcore punk band Minor Threat.[3]
Straight edge emerged amid the mid-1980s hardcore punk scene. Since then, a wide variety of beliefs and ideas have been associated with some members of the movement, including vegetarianism, animal rights,[4] and Christianity.[5] While the commonly expressed aspects of the straight edge subculture have been abstinence of alcohol, nicotine, and illegal drugs, there have been considerable variations on how far to take the interpretations of "abstaining from intoxicants" or "living drug free." Disagreements often pertain to the primary reasons for living straight edge. Straight edge politics vary widely, from left-wing and revolutionary, to conservative.[6]

-----

Anyway, so April still does stand up comedy. That's cool. I actually toyed with the idea of doing that myself, but after I wrote out all my jokes I realized I'm not a good speaker. I actually tested one out on a radio call-in contest and the DJ said it was "wry humor," but refused to laugh (dick!) People laugh at my comments when I'm not intending to make a joke. LOL.

So, anyway, Kristeen doesn't bother me, I'm just not "into" her music. Someone tell me if Kristen Young is vegan, vegetarian, or meat eater!

BlueSkiesInTheDaytime

I don't know their dietary habits, I just know a kiss-ass from a true interaction. Around the time the Hollywood High concert was happening Kristeen was laying on the smoochie-kissy-you're-so wonderful comments to April so thick you'd need a vomit bag to get through it. And every night the back of April's head was seen at the barrier. I think Kristeen had visions of April asking Chelsey Handler if she could do a spot on the show, instead she wore her t-shirt and it was a big f***ing deal. BUT she got the Dave Grohl gig, good for her. April said in her set the other night (I wasn't planning on seeing her) she doesn't smoke or drink, not sure what she and Kristeen have in common at the end of the day. :rolleyes:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom