Morrissey letter to fellow NY Dolls UK fan club member (July 14, 1977)

Jeff writes:

Here's an old Morrissey letter that I obtained a while back-- I thought it might be of interest on the site. Moz wrote this to a fellow member of the NY Dolls UK fan club-- about a year after he had seen the Sex Pistols play their famous gig in Manchester.

On the reverse of the envelope he has scrawled "NO FUN" in large green letters-- mostly likely a reference to the Iggy song.

1977_morrissey_letter1.jpg

1977_morrissey_letter2.jpg

1977_morrissey_letter3.jpg

Struggling to log on at work here but can't wait to see first post decrying this as a hoax ( and then to turn it into something in no way connected with the original post)

What did Moz once say - along lines of " My greatest crisis was when they put up cost of postgae"

This is the most fake Morrissey memorabilia I have every seen. Status quo for this website, though.

That's really accurate typing. I have no idea whether it's real or not. The thing that grates is the "...there really DOES exist people who actually enjoyed...." . Surely it should read "there really DO exist....."

He probably retyped it three times. :)

I wonder if he can actually type or if he uses his index fingers to hit every key.

Moz is such a powerful and successful writer, you don't really need to correct little grammatical errors.

Anyway, I wonder what happened to Yvon of Teenage News out of Canada.

That's really accurate typing. I have no idea whether it's real or not. The thing that grates is the "...there really DOES exist people who actually enjoyed...." . Surely it should read "there really DO exist....."

Permission to ask a stupid, off-topic question. The post stamp says Stretford. How far is Morrissey's England as a youth from Shakespeare's England? Like how many miles away is the museum where they pretend Shakespeare was a farrier from his Kings Road address?

Shakespeare was from Stratford-upon-Avon, not Stretford.

Permission to ask a stupid, off-topic question. The post stamp says Stretford. How far is Morrissey's England as a youth from Shakespeare's England? Like how many miles away is the museum where they pretend Shakespeare was a farrier from his Kings Road address?

Stretford, not Stratford.

Hunt and peck: that's how I've always imagined him typing! Hahahahaha!

I seriously doubt he hunted and pecked 2500 pages. Or whatever it was.

Did he superscript music notes in his early signature? (That's so f***ing cute if true.)

i love that he likes corresponding and conversing with people.

questions are never stupid by default, only dishonest ones

haaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom