Morrissey - Leeds (First Direct Arena) footage 24th Feb., 2018 - by SER on YouTube

Includes some pre-gig, entrance and audience footage.

Tracks featured:
You'll Be Gone, I Wish You Lonely, Suedehead, Jacky's..., Home is a ?, I Started Something..., Who Will Protect..., Jack The Ripper, I Bury The Living, Spent The Day In Bed, My Love, I'd Do Anything For You, Hold On To Your Friends, How Soon Is Now?, Everyday Is Like Sunday, IBEH.

(tracks omitted: Munich Air Disaster, WPINOYB, Back On The Chain Gang, When You Open Your Legs, If You Don't Like Me..., The Bullfighter Dies).

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
The problem isn’t nessesarily that it was a cover but mostly that it was a cover of a song no one knows

Assuming the London Palladium will be my final ever Morrissey show I was glad to bow out on a gig where he touched the heights of how colossal an artist he could still be. It really was a special night. Shame about the aftermath
you don't think there'll be further uk shows?

The UK fan-base has crumbled.
Morrissey made the BBC News website and the national newspapers THREE times within just a few months for his views on For Britain, Johnny Robinson, the Love Music Hate Racism event etc. Once could probably be ignored or forgotten about easily enough, but 3 separate occasions is enough to permanently change people's views of him. The thing is, he was always a massive anti-bigot (with 'radical views'). That was a large part of his appeal. To come out with bigoted right-wing stupidity, and have those views disseminated by the mainstream media (i.e. to millions of people) is something his commercial status will never recover from, unless he makes a very clear, unambiguous statement to the contrary but that's looking extremely unlikely.

Morrissey made the BBC News website and the national newspapers THREE times within just a few months for his views on For Britain, Johnny Robinson, the Love Music Hate Racism event etc. Once could probably be ignored or forgotten about easily enough, but 3 separate occasions is enough to permanently change people's views of him. The thing is, he was always a massive anti-bigot (with 'radical views'). That was a large part of his appeal. To come out with bigoted right-wing stupidity, and have those views disseminated by the mainstream media (i.e. to millions of people) is something his commercial status will never recover from, unless he makes a very clear, unambiguous statement to the contrary but that's looking extremely unlikely.
the covers album 'might' avoid the usual political themes, and so not generate such commentary in interviews, where these issues seem to come from. I think he'll be back ('our UK days draw to a close' didn't last).

I disagree. He was always a massive bigot, but hilariously so, and took vicious swipes at targets that his predominantly left-wing audience approved of. He's pulling the exact same attention-grabbing trick he's been doing for decades, but these days he has different targets that don't sit so well with his fanbase. And arguably less wit, which is possibly the most depressing thing of all.

Last edited:
It’s no longer even a question here in the UK. He has lost his fan base for absolute certain. People no longer say that they are Morrissey fans, instead that they used to be. Once that thread is broken, it’s broken.

It’s no longer even a question here in the UK. He has lost his fan base for absolute certain. People no longer say that they are Morrissey fans, instead that they used to be. Once that thread is broken, it’s broken.
And then you woke up!

Out of interest, I dropped a mail to the police asking what would happen if I reported that someone threatened to kill me on an Internet forum. It’s actually illegal. Now, I know you are a tit and don’t mean it really but I reckon you should be careful in what you post going forward.

Yes, the police would take the matter seriously, as to make threats to kill has been a criminal offence at least since the enactment of the Offences Against the Person Act 1861, where it was an offence under section 16 to make threats to kill. This section has been replaced by Schedule 12 of the Criminal Law Act 1977:

"(1) A person who without lawful excuse makes to another a threat, intending that that other would fear it would be carried out, to kill that other or a third person shall be guilty of an offence and liable on conviction on indictment to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years."
Sorry to disappoint you but the threat has to be specific with name and address so that there is absolutely no misunderstanding who it was directed at.
I've been picked up by the cops twice in my home and questioned for about an hour or two on both occasions and then the matter was closed down and thrown into the bin.
The complication of the internet and computers plus the fact you often end up dealing with a victim in one country and the person behind the threat in another means it becomes an almost impossible task.
I think you like many still live in the notion that the cops have a lot of money and time on their hands for these kinds of things but the fact is that they don't even bother with some serious crime where they know who did it because they know the process is too complicated and will take too long so the prosecutor won't even consider it.
A threat is when someone is specific with the details of a person or organisation and makes the threat in a very specific way. Just a random comment that could have been directed at anyone is not enough. Saying things like you should be shot or along those lines is never enough but if someone says that this person so and so should be be killed and even naming details of how that should be done then maybe the prosecutor will act on it.
The cops cannot do anything without a prosecutor acting first cause I hope you don't think we live in a police state where the cops and prosecutors and judge and jury are rolled into one.
In most ountries now it is almost impossible to take a case to court unless you do it yourself with the risks that follow not least financially.
This is typical for a leftie like you who voted for more immigration and then those people brought enormous problems to our countries and they are not even anywhere near convicted for it. Europe today is a lawless free for all market where anything goes and you believe a comment online not in the least specified will be tried in the courts of justice?
Take the laws against discrimination for example. People can still say that they do not like homosexuals in general. It is when they target one individual that it becomes a crime IF the threat is done in a very specific way.
Someone reported me (I think most people know who) and the cops came and picked me up and took me to the police station for questioning. I read the statement in the report and the prosecutor simply told the cops after I had been questioned that the case would be dropped.
I don't need to go into the details of it all but it made me very aware exactly why criminals have it easy over here and are getting away with everything.
Then another Solo person did the same thing and we went through the same procedure and the case was dropped.
Third time lucky?
Since I have papers that state that I am mentally ill I will get a vacation at nice little clinic for a few months and then I return home but this time with state benefits to compensate for my "ordeal".
Get shrink papers people so you can show that you are mentally ill cause that way you get away with murder.

I disagree. He was always a massive bigot, but hilariously so, and took vicious swipes at targets that his predominantly left-wing audience approved of. He's pulling the exact same attention-grabbing trick he's been doing for decades, but these days he has different targets that don't sit so well with his fanbase. And arguably less wit, which is possibly the most depressing thing of all.
Yes and no!
He did make comments and was singing about things most lefties took as a reassurance that he was on their side but he never truly was. A great poet will say a lot of things that people can interpret as whatever suits their beliefs.
I always knew he was right wing when it comes to politics cause that was quite clear from the start of his Solo career. Bit harsh calling him a bigot cause that word is like racist and has lost its meaning.
Visit the Old Firm derby in Glasgow if you wanna meet up with bigots.

I always knew he was right wing when it comes to politics cause that was quite clear from the start of his Solo career.

Yes, it was crystal clear he was right wing from the start of his solo career hence the song 'Margaret on the Guillotine' on his debut album, and the lyric, 'There are some bad people on the right' on a 1989 single.

Assuming the London Palladium will be my final ever Morrissey show I was glad to bow out on a gig where he touched the heights of how colossal an artist he could still be. It really was a special night. Shame about the aftermath

I feel exactly the same, I am of a younger age and only managed to see Moz 4 times so I will jump at the chance if I get it again, but the Palladium for me was brilliant. I travelled on the same day there and back about 200 miles, saw him play a great set, waited outside and got a glimse of him out in the open. He was quickly ushered away, but for a second he was aware of our, my prescense, and that was enough.

Well indeed. I resigned over the non-deletion of an anti-semitic post, and that's the truth. I will always be around to call out racists. Always. Funny to see folk's made up arse-gravy about me. Hilarious, in fact.
Remember people,this was the moderator that David T stated was using posters' information inappropriately.
About a week after,skinny was no longer a mod.

"Hilarious"

Remember people,this was the moderator that David T stated was using posters' information inappropriately.
About a week after,skinny was no longer a mod.

"Hilarious"
How did he use it inappropriately?

Yes, it was crystal clear he was right wing from the start of his solo career hence the song 'Margaret on the Guillotine' on his debut album, and the lyric, 'There are some bad people on the right' on a 1989 single.
Yes it was but not for people like you who do not understand an artist is using his artistic freedom. The video clearly said people on the rise in the video so from that point onwards it was clear he was playing with words and fire.
Margaret song was not his views but a song about the overall views of working class Britain which he was never a part of.

He mentioned a user's country or something in a post using the IP information. It was not a big deal and not related to stopping moderation as the anonymous person keeps suggesting.

How did he use it inappropriately?

He mentioned a user's country or something in a post using the IP information. It was not a big deal and not related to stopping moderation as the anonymous person keeps suggesting.
Thanks David and I always appreciated the fact that you are always correct and to the point as well as being a real gentleman.

There might be but I won't be going

a) I fundamentally disagree with his political outbursts. I tried (and Lord knows I tried) to think the verbal diarrhoea was ironic. It wasn't. The Free Tommy Robinson shit being the particular cherry on that cake. And now he's selling t-shirts conflating himself with that right wing rabble rouser. It's just not who I am or who I ever will be.

b) Low in High School was, for me, his worst album to date. I didn't buy it and barely listen to it. I just thought, with a few exceptions, it was a mediocre experience (including the cover art which was frankly diabolical) Each to their own but, for me, it's ever diminishing returns with his music. I can't see this improving anytime soon.

c) I have little to no interest in his covers album apart from listening to the original versions of the songs he is covering.

d) He has become everything the younger Morrissey would have despised.

Don't believe the hype. It is not right wing to be against mass immigration and the islamisation of Europe. And it's Tommy Robinson, not Johnny. White working class people are allowed to have a point of view, no matter how much the bourgeois elite tries to shut them up. Yes, Moz may have lost some support - but for every one fair-weather fan that he has lost, he has probably gained one or two more. Free thinkers of the world unite.

It's not Tommy Robinson either.

It's Stephen Laxley-Lennon. Far right peddler of hate with numerous convictions for fraud and violence.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom