Morrissey leaves his mark in Fairmount, IN

mozmal

Beastly Little Parasite
Posted these a couple of years ago, but got hardly any response. These are some photos of graffiti that Moz left behind in the old Fairmount High School, which was where James Dean was taught, and one of the locations for the Suedehead video. I took them way back in 1989. Enjoy.

2iu4xet.jpg

1zp76rn.jpg

8z1cog.jpg

Those are great photos, Mal. I wonder how long the chalk marks lasted? I visited there in 1989, in late summer, but the school was locked up. How did you get in?

Awww. He's a tagger too? Heart be still.

i read an article about a german journallist who visits all the places where the suedehead video was shot -1994- and did wite an article about it
this is the article-under the sixteen clumsy and shy -heading
http://www.intro.de/kuenstler/interviews/23014575/morrissey_this_beautiful_creature_must_die
(only in german but i tranlated the end- v
"After visting the different places he visits the james dean museum in the end and asked the old lady working there if she still have the guestbook of 1988.
she smiled and replied with "I think i know what youre looking for, hon."
and pulled out put a pack of photocopies of one site-which is morrissey`s entry.
"February 4 – MORRISSEY – London, England "
so a few days earlier than his tag on the school wall

hmm i wonder if they still have the copies? ;-)

the article contains entertaining thoughts/feelings on morrissey by different journos)
I also have the magazine where this article was printed
with the scanned -in guestbooksite
(which can not be seen in the online print of the-bit its a very tiny scan anyway
.but i can scan it in if some like to see it;- )

Last edited:
Posted these a couple of years ago, but got hardly any response. These are some photos of graffiti that Moz left behind in the old Fairmount High School, which was where James Dean was taught, and one of the locations for the Suedehead video. I took them way back in 1989. Enjoy.

8z1cog.jpg

In this last one I am sure he has made an error. Shouldn't there be a ' between the n and t of 'cant' to make it can't?

Love PTxx.

I think suedehead is morrissey best video because he feels so much love for james dean
as do I. I just love this tractor pic x
tr.jpg
[/IMG]

lucky you, are you doing a James Dean tour?

I'll try to see as many things as possuble. Looked up some websites. I'm visitng my cousins in Indy and it's about an hr north. My rental car has unlimited milleage so figured why not.

check this post out from 2006 on morrissey_daily:
http://community.livejournal.com/morrissey_daily/541299.html

lots of nice pix.

I enjoyed this anecdote about the freezing cold weather during the Suedehead video shoot, when Moz & crew were staying in a B&B run by James Dean's second cousin:

"As [Morrissey] was walking up the farm's driveway, he didnt notice that the second cousin was on the front porch ... She said Morrissey was brushing snow off his butt and cursing up a storm.... just one long run of swear words about his frozen bum. Then he looked up, saw her and turned bright red and ran to his trailer. He did not come to the house for tea that night... much too embarassed." :o

P.S. Does Fairmount High still exist or was it torn down? If it was already crumbling and long dis-used as of 1988, I don't hold out much hope.

Last edited:
I enjoyed this anecdote about the freezing cold weather during the Suedehead video shoot, when Moz & crew were staying in a B&B run by James Dean's second cousin:"As [Morrissey] was walking up the farm's driveway, he didnt notice that the second cousin was on the front porch ... She said Morrissey was brushing snow off his butt and cursing up a storm.... just one long run of swear words about his frozen bum. Then he looked up, saw her and turned bright red and ran to his trailer. He did not come to the house for tea that night... much too embarassed." :o
yes, lovely:D but why is he so embarassed about getting caught cursing..to hide in his trailer because of it :rolleyes:
.its only natural to let things out that makes you angry : and a frozen bum is absolutely something to get angry about ...hehe

sue3.gif

sue4.gif

sue7.gif

edit
but this part of him charming the museums owner to do something he wants to have.. i remember(an interview/statement) someone either out of his band or someone from the recordcompany(pa,manager) or friends stated.:"morrissey can charm you into everything until he got what he wanted"
i remember that one jo slee incident:
"But he was terribly ill in bed and eventually struggled out onto the roof of the hotel. Morrissey was sitting there, swathed in scarves, drinking hot chocolate, and he suddenly said in a really plaintive voice, 'There's a wasp drowning in the swimming-pool.' And I swear to God he made me fish it out! And it sat there cleaning its wings off. Then he was happy."

Last edited:
Because he's a charming, polite Englishman [hey! where did the lovestruck smiley face icon go...] I know it's a stereotype, possibly an outdated delusion, but let me cling to it in this tawdry world.

I figure he was embarassed because the cousin was/is a nice older lady who gave him tea and hospitality. It *would* be embarassing to swear a blue streak in front of a mother-type figure.

I enjoyed this anecdote about the freezing cold weather during the Suedehead video shoot, when Moz & crew were staying in a B&B run by James Dean's second cousin:

"As [Morrissey] was walking up the farm's driveway, he didnt notice that the second cousin was on the front porch ... She said Morrissey was brushing snow off his butt and cursing up a storm.... just one long run of swear words about his frozen bum. Then he looked up, saw her and turned bright red and ran to his trailer. He did not come to the house for tea that night... much too embarassed." :o
Too friggin cute. He is such a fanboy, d'awwzers I love him.

I sold a James Dean book on eBay awhile back and it turns out it was bought by the owner of the James Dean Museum in INDY......go figure.

Back
Top Bottom