Morrissey last Wednesday in Dublin (May 10, 2023)

In a pub with someone somewhere somehow…actually, I think he was in Dublin? I don’t know. The link doesn’t work. Not for me, anyway. Doesn’t he look great!? ❤️

B27CA847-69C3-46EC-9282-04BEACB3BB9F.jpeg

From the Luke McCormack Facebook page:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy for Luke and really, Moz looks in a fair good mood, which is nice to see, but c’mon… this screams of Grumpy Cat (whom I also love. RIP). 😊

IMG_2080.jpeg

Oh, those thick dark eyebrows that time is not subject to!

Morrissey looks very cheerful, younger than his years. I agree with the answers above about the fact that the dark tones of clothes suit him very well – the image becomes moderately brutal, liberated, that is, the opposite of the "flower-like of The Smiths. Although modesty and chastity are usually represented by white and pastel colors, Morrissey had a penchant for experimenting in stage images early in The Smiths career – the colorful shirts of flashy colors, apparently, were ideally suited for the bright shows that The Smiths put on in their time.
Also, black clothes emphasize his blue eyes, making them brighter. So you can be sure about Morrissey: he has great taste, and this is one of the reasons why he looks so good.
Oh those blue, transparent eyes where I can see his soul. Oh that sad look that manifests what a sensitive heart of an artist man feels!!!!
Perdon chicos me zarpe!!! Ja ja

He was sitting in the corner of a pub when he was spotted. I wonder, was he alone?

He was sitting in the corner of a pub when he was spotted. I wonder, was he alone?
No chance. The only time Morrissey has been more than 5 feet away from Damon in the past two decades is when he's on stage. Otherwise, they are joined at the hip.

Hopefully he was nowhere near Sandwich street giving succour to the fascists.

Well, actors Matt Dillon and Kurt Russell immediately come to mind – both have some similarities in facial features to Morrissey's appearance. I even blogged about it once, and some The Smiths fans agreed with me.

View attachment 91098View attachment 91099

You are right about the similarity! Growing up in 80s America, those guys had 'the look'. Matt Dillon was great in the films based on SE Hinton books (even now as an adult - those books, like Tex, are good reads), early in his career. That pic of Kurt has to be from Backdraft, which is a thrilling movie. Kurt turned out to be one heck of a human being, a great family man, a person of good values. I do not know much about Matt Dillon, but I don't think I've ever heard anything negative about him. That generation of famous people....they were quality individuals (very high percentage of them) - and not caring if they were 'nice people' or not, just that they really didn't do anything heinous for lack of a better word. Most of them too are still around today, successful, healthy and alive.

Thanks for putting these pics up - it really made me smile :D

Super long-read about Brendan Behan, mentioning old Dublin buildings, and new book promotion in the current issue of The Dublin Review of Books:
Behan could on occasion exhibit great discipline, such as that required for his mastering of the Irish language, and indeed French. Those who wag the finger at him do so from the somewhat pious middle class world of print. Their retrospective wish for Behan, it would seem, is that he should have crossed over and settled down to fashioning a ‘well-wrought urn’, which could then be solemnly added to the canon. This, I think, is to misunderstand what he was about.

If Behan didn’t write his Dublin book, its raw materials are present in his plays and in Borstal Boy but perhaps even more so in his performative life and dazzling improvisations (who would not have liked to witness his version of Maud Gonne at the microphone) and also in his shorter prose, mostly newspaper columns, which the inestimable Lilliput Press has now published in a volume entitled A Bit of a Writer, edited by John Brannigan.
- https://drb.ie/articles/hold-your-hour/

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom