Morrissey Las Vegas Residency 2022 announced (1,2,6,8,9 July 2022)

• Thread starter Deleted member 29417
  • Start date
IMG_20220321_144431.jpg

New Moz Vegas dates announced.

His ability to just keep going is amazing.

UPDATE March 22:
Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. Pretty speculative, but I wonder if the song is about a prostitute? Eg being 'on the game', and 'the oldest profession in the world' etc would seem to fit?

‘whores’? Maybe it’s a song about being ‘in retirement’ ?

;)

But I think he is singing about being a singer.

:microphone:

Last edited:
I wonder if he’ll do an full North American tour or if he’ll only play Vegas and New York shows with the festivals from now on…

SAM:
'I Am Veronica' is so clever, and so catchy, it sounds like your biggest chance at a worldwide hit … even more than 'First Of The Gang To Die', or 'This Charming Man'. It is better than both of those songs.

M:
I've had so much sorrow in my life recently but I listen to 'I Am Veronica' and, as frightening as this sounds, it seems to shine such a positive light and I begin to understand all the good things about my life. Now, that might sound silly, but I forget very easily that there are a few things in life that I am actually good at, and 'I Am Veronica' makes me understand why I persist, or why I do what I do. I love the song so much.

I wonder if he'll ever do some special shows where he plays an entire album like Viva Hate or Vauxhall?
That would be a great idea - so many bands are doing it! Like Sparks and Kraftwerk.

Does every thread now have to be filled with posts about Johnny Marr? This news has zero to do with him, and these obsessives still can't stop talking about him.

Does every thread now have to be filled with posts about Johnny Marr? This news has zero to do with him, and these obsessives still can't stop talking about him.

"Everybody loved Marr, and Morrissey was no different."

Dear God please take jesse out of the band before this tour starts!

Sounds like an upbeat song to me, though the first guitar notes played made me think of The Smiths, with the help of a little chorus effect(?) on it, then the song comes in punching with a pretty upfront sound.
It was described as a very upbeat song by Sam in an interview of now almost one year ago, if I remember correctl. So will this be the first single of the new album, if ever the album gets a release?

Alain's IG account shared the image in his story. Presumably, he's playing the Vegas dates - or at least assuming he is.
I believe that's a fan account on IG.
(Although likely to be confirmed by AW too).
Regards,
FWD.

Morrissey sees Vegas or LA shows as a cash cow for him. He doesn't care about the money fans have to spend to go to Vegas, hotel, gas, etc and will reward them with the same setlist his been playing for years. 90% will be songs you've heard and maybe 1 or 2 new songs that you'll be grateful for and applaud on here!

Why do people always bring Marr into this? He's playing Vegas too with the Killers and in one night will play to as many people as Moz will over 5 nights. Now they're even, right?
Yawn

Nobody cares which act john marr is stocking the dressing rooms for. The people who will actually manage to enjoy hearing john moan through his generic indie rock songs will by 1/5th of the amount of people who will see Moz in one night

Morrissey sees Vegas or LA shows as a cash cow for him. He doesn't care about the money fans have to spend to go to Vegas, hotel, gas, etc and will reward them with the same setlist his been playing for years. 90% will be songs you've heard and maybe 1 or 2 new songs that you'll be grateful for and applaud on here!
Did anyone care when a great like Sinatra banged out 'My Way' for the millionth time. You're getting to watch living history, one of the greatest lyricists and most unique voices in the history of popular music. Frankly I'd watch him recite the phonebook and that would be good enough for me.

Veronica sounds like an absolute banger.

Did anyone care when a great like Sinatra banged out 'My Way' for the millionth time. You're getting to watch living history, one of the greatest lyricists and most unique voices in the history of popular music. Frankly I'd watch him recite the phonebook and that would be good enough for me.
Yes that would be the case if he were singing his classics that are at his disposal, not the same boring songs being jammed down our throats. He would bring the house down if he sang Interesting Drug, Difference does it make or dare Well I Wonder..aim higher!

Why do people always bring Marr into this? He's playing Vegas too with the Killers and in one night will play to as many people as Moz will over 5 nights. Now they're even, right?
Hahahahaha you said "with the killers". The joke is on you.
M, he doesn't need any famous blockbuster big sold out band to play or share a show with.
So, no, not even. But nice try

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom