Morrissey - It's Over - 484,855 plays/streams

Interesting but not sure how impressive that is?
Is it similar to his recent new (i.e. not previously heard on an album) singles e.g. Spent the Day and Chain Gang??
How does it compare with recent songs by other acts of his generation e.g. Weller. U2 etc?

You reckon Morrissey is more successful now than in the late 80’s early 90’s?

Been around long enough to be known (more or less) by folks who are not fans, though not a household name.

With his stubborn nature and views, intelligence, age ... I think he’s doing very well considering what kind of world he’s working with/against.

Sorry, if I didn’t really answer your question.

Interesting but not sure how impressive that is?
Is it similar to his recent new (i.e. not previously heard on an album) singles e.g. Spent the Day and Chain Gang??
How does it compare with recent songs by other acts of his generation e.g. Weller. U2 etc?

Spent the Day in Bed is touching 10 million streams on Spotify alone. Over 5 million plays on YouTube.

I can't get the figures for Back on the Chain Gang on Spotify mobile. It has around 1.4 million plays on YouTube.

Been around long enough to be known (more or less) by folks who are not fans, though not a household name.

With his stubborn nature and views, intelligence, age ... I think he’s doing very well considering what kind of world he’s working with/against.

Sorry, if I didn’t really answer your question.

Was a rhetorical question anyway tbf. I think we all know the answer is no, hence why you didn’t answer it. Would’ve killed you to admit it.

It’s how you define success I guess. He was successful when he was just a teen writing into the NME and he’s successful now on Broadway, making his voice heard in a world... that won’t listen.

Only in the sense that he is making a profit.

Commercially and critically...

Guess we’re just defining success differently. I never took profit into consideration.

You can bury the living, but you can’t bury a man who is already...
immortal !!!

:rock::cool:

It’s how you define success I guess. He was successful when he was just a teen writing into the NME and he’s successful now on Broadway, making his voice heard in a world... that won’t listen.

Morrissey has always defined his success by the charts, maybe not outwardly, but inwardly he’s obsessed with chart positions, that’s why he always gets the hump when his albums & singles flunk, blaming record labels, or radio stations, anyone but himself.
Commercially he’s nowhere near as successful. And for the simple fact that his material is no longer as good as it was.

No idea what Morrissey considers as a success nowadays but if he's happy, that's all that matters. Same with Marr.

Back
Top Bottom