Morrissey - It's Over - 484,855 plays/streams

I doubt it’s over is gonna be that popular. It’s an old old song ( and not even a super well known one by Roy) and not many people are gonna care that much about it but it’s still doing fine for what it is. Chain gang is a song much more known to his middle aged fans and sorta known to some younger people. It’s also much more In the vein of his musical style. Spent the day in bed was pretty successful for him as a single. Is he more popular now than in the nineties? Well I guess thats hard to say. In the uk probably not as much though he still is popular (I can think of many up bands possibly more known that don’t chart as high or male as much) but here in the us I would say that he is indeed more popular. His performance fee is not small either and he tours all over the world still. He wasn’t the only one to care about charting. Marr did care and at times did blame rough trade for some of the singles lacking chart success (I was reading a bunch of uncut and mojo yesterday and this was mentioned by him). He might not be as vocal or begrudging as morrissey, who is, but they weren’t on different pages on the subject

You’re confusing popularity with success.

You’re confusing popularity with success.

When I mentioned his fee I don’t think I was referring to popularity though they are of course connected. Didn’t he just sell, obviously not this last tour in the uk, a record amount of tickets compared to previous tours not lon ago. He’s played stadiums here not long ago and headlined festivals. I don’t remember him doing this for the arsenal tour

If you deliberately sabotage my band, I will f*** you like a pig.

Your secret is safe with me. :thumb:

Anyhoo ...

A serious man
In need of a definitive job
He had drunk too much
Mandrake anthrax
Pro-rae, pro-rae
Oloron

Tormented tots
With Burton weeping
His idiot contacts
Pro-rae, pro-rae