Morrissey isn't running for Mayor of London after all - Mirror Online

Current poll votes on Mirror article:

"Would you have voted for Morrissey?"

No: 40%
What difference does it make?: 40%
Yes: 20%

So, if 10 people in a 10 million city voted on this poll (likely) that means 4 for No, 4 for 'whatevs' and 2 for Yay! In case anyone struggles with Maths. Or Math.

I didn't find it to be dumb and untrue. Moz was the best man for the job. The problem, though, is that his #1 passion is music and his duties as mayor would get in the way. Moz would have done great as mayor even if he'd rather be with his music.

#VIVAMOZ

p.s. "terrancestamp" is dumb and untrue.

Nobody really thought he was running for Mayor, right? That story was dumb and completely untrue.

Re: Morrissey Declines to run for Lord Mayor Of London 201

If you think Benny the Butt-Bowler doesn't like Moz, you're wrong. Ben's gonna miss him when he's gone.

#ILoveMoz

Benny; here is an honest question for you: Why do you despise Morrissey so much? I'd really like to know. I think this board deserves an honest answer from you as well. Go on.

it was meeeeeeeeeeeeee. im just full of good recommendations! isnt it amazing? my favourite book! i've given it to many people over the years. not in a condescending "here you need this" kind of way, but because i just think it's a very beautiful, deeply humanistic book. for a brief moment a while back i wanted to send it to morrissey, and then though "nah, he'll think im an obnoxious nut" and "who does that?" and decided against it. :p
I'm an obnoxious nut too, so the dull tell me lol! Seriously, thanks for putting a great book my way. X The violin wept line sure made me weep.

it was meeeeeeeeeeeeee. im just full of good recommendations! isnt it amazing? my favourite book! i've given it to many people over the years. not in a condescending "here you need this" kind of way, but because i just think it's a very beautiful, deeply humanistic book. for a brief moment a while back i wanted to send it to morrissey, and then though "nah, he'll think im an obnoxious nut" and "who does that?" and decided against it. :p
Was rushed, forgot to add I am visiting Vienna in June, I'll visit his museum. I've also ordered recollections, double thanks x

Was rushed, forgot to add I am visiting Vienna in June, I'll visit his museum. I've also ordered recollections, double thanks x
oh man, you know what? ive been to vienna a few times and i have never once been to or even knew about the existance of a viktor frankl museum. damn! how did i never hear about that? now i wanna go too! :p also im jealous, vienna is such a great city.

i always get chills whenever i read this line:
we who have come back, but the aid of many lucky chances or miracles--whatever one may choose to call them--we know: the best of us did not return

i love this whole idea of being "worthy of one's sufferings", and "he who has a why to live can bear almost any how". thanks for letting me know what you thought of it! it's so nice when you suggest a book or whatever, and someone actually takes it up, and likes it. that so rarely happens!

Adele has saved Music from Artifice and her favourite album is 'Grace' by Jeff Buckley. She's the Piaf of our age. Morrissey knows it. A 'fat bird from Tottenham' has not only stole his thunder and Victim Script by Simply Singing and winning Global Religious Fame but she's also Mum/Mate and a Hot Date. She reads this forum....don't ya babe? As part of her How Not To Fcuk It All Up. And her manager is Stevo. Wolvo Stevo. BB's best mate. LOL!

Adele Carpool Karaoke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nck6BZga7TQ

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-22523681
She is everything and I am in love.

Re: Morrissey Declines to run for Lord Mayor Of London 201

If you think Benny the Butt-Bowler doesn't like Moz, you're wrong. Ben's gonna miss him when he's gone.

#ILoveMoz

You are joking ! I'd miss him like a reindeer needs a hat rack !
If Steven went toes up tmrw my paperwork would be submitted pronto to HQ and that's it ! The end ! A big pay off from GCHQ and job done I plan to retire to the Balearic Islands. Although part of me thinks maybe I've got years left and I might be better off hanging around going private to bring down Martin when he starts to pipe up ! Who knows ?
You don't ! That's for sure.

Debunking is me ! God save the Queen !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Steven Paddy McCrankFraud Tosserrey should be tarred and feathered for this latest publicity stunt !
Shafting animals for publicity ! How low does this prick have to go before the penny drops you poor little fools ?
Please support the A S N B U F P A P !
Animals should not be used for publicity and profit.

Steve,

I got it!!

Check this out. Remember when Tap did Stonehenge on stage? For Coachella this year you come out on stage dressed like St Patrick from the 16th century, not in the old priest clothes and you have a bag of snakes in a burlap sack, then you let the snakes go and they bite the people at the bacon wrapped hot dog cart and the people at the hamburger stand, then go right into Irish Blood and you would be home in time for pasta with Nancy and lil Sammy. It would be awesome.

Hobie Budweiser
Creative Consultant II
The Morrissey Marketing Group, Sherman Oaks-Beverly Hills-Malibu LTD, LLC, INC (a subsidiary of KerryGold-USA) not affiliated with The Corcoran Group.

Steven Paddy McCrankFraud Tosserrey should be tarred and feathered for this latest publicity stunt !
Shafting animals for publicity ! How low does this prick have to go before the penny drops you poor little fools ?
Please support the A S N B U F P A P !
Animals should not be used for publicity and profit.

f*** off , you are just an ignorant bully. Do you also torture animals? Psst , guess what? He doesn't care what you think. If you said something of intellect...

Courteeners promised so much. St. Jude is a great album, but the three follow up LPs are shite.

Whilst I agree their debut album is the strongest, I would not go as far as calling the other 3 shite, there are plenty good songs within them.
A strong debut album followed by ever diminishing returns is unfortunately something I have noticed in 'new' bands over the last 10/15 years.
Here are a few examples:

The Strokes
Arctic Monkeys
Courteeners
Anna Calvi
Chapel Club
Twisted Wheel
Two Door Cinema Club
Franz Ferdinand
The Maccabees
The Bravery

Cannot fault Grace. A work of genius. However, my favourite Buckley performance is from Costello's Meltdown, when he sang Purcell's Dido's Lament. To this day it remains my favourite ever vocal performance. It has everything. Here's a guy who turned up to play in the quartet explaining what happened...

Jeff Buckley shows you don't need a 30 year Civil Service length 'career' to make an impact. The image of him singing 'Whole Lotta Love' whilst the tub-boat backwash wave swept him away haunts me. 'Grace' is special to me as I played it non-stop during my wife's first difficult pregnancy. Cannot hear Jeff's voice without being triggered back to the best days of my life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Midnite

- - - Updated - - -

"He is both gifted and silly" This is what I take most from your post. Boiled down...this is his essence. The one thing that draws us "fans" to him as an artist. He is capable of creating such remarkable works of art and at the same time is so self destructive. I think everyone here is quite aware of this...but still he captured our hearts. He made us feel we are not alone in the universe. He did this. And that is a fact. All else pales in comparison to this for me. No one else has reached me like he has. I am grateful for his contribution to music and its affect on me through my formative years. I believe you feel this as well and I think the posters here would like to read more of this from you.

sigh....no, i don't and never have felt any such thing. I was there at the start. All that surprised me was how ruthlessly he worked to train his voice and that, amazingly, a Voice emerged from all his labours. He could be singing gibberish and I'd still be entranced by his voice. Actually, his nowadays mostly singing gibberish. And I'm also entranced by pole-dancers on Broad Street. But it's a commercial exchange in both cases. Pole dancer dances. Morrissey sings. I pay. If I can't/won't, I don't get to see the show. There's nothing else to it in my case. However, there are some singers who have genuinely shaken me to the core. Bolan. Bowie. Jeff Buckley. Adele. Cesaria Evora. But it's always been obvious to me that Morrissey was faking it. I always assumed his Sincerity/Authenticity Script was ironic. When I realised he actually believed he was 4 real and not just his own self-curated narcissistic shadow I actually LOL'd. He's wasted his life chasing Fame and not achieving it. Many have wasted too much time believing his artifice. But it doesn't matter. It's no more important or time-wasting than a round of golf. Speaking of which, must go soon...lads waiting...we're like the cast of Boomers....seriously. We are. LOL!

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

:thumb:

Same reply to you too, ya silly bitch....

sigh....no, i don't and never have felt any such thing. I was there at the start. All that surprised me was how ruthlessly he worked to train his voice and that, amazingly, a Voice emerged from all his labours. He could be singing gibberish and I'd still be entranced by his voice. Actually, his nowadays mostly singing gibberish. And I'm also entranced by pole-dancers on Broad Street. But it's a commercial exchange in both cases. Pole dancer dances. Morrissey sings. I pay. If I can't/won't, I don't get to see the show. There's nothing else to it in my case. However, there are some singers who have genuinely shaken me to the core. Bolan. Bowie. Jeff Buckley. Adele. Cesaria Evora. But it's always been obvious to me that Morrissey was faking it. I always assumed his Sincerity/Authenticity Script was ironic. When I realised he actually believed he was 4 real and not just his own self-curated narcissistic shadow I actually LOL'd. He's wasted his life chasing Fame and not achieving it. Many have wasted too much time believing his artifice. But it doesn't matter. It's no more important or time-wasting than a round of golf. Speaking of which, must go soon...lads waiting...we're like the cast of Boomers....seriously. We are. LOL!

best
BB

Nobody really thought he was running for Mayor, right? That story was dumb and completely untrue.

Morrissey thought he was, idiot. He was 'seriously considering it' until his advisers told him his ex-pat Tax Status would be up for grabs in the debate. Plus he didn't get the signatures and thought someone else would pay the fee to join the race. Who knew? LOL! BtheBB is right, he was just using the plight of animals to try and drum up some publicity but nobody cares anymore. He could set fire to himself on Oxford Street and all people would do is foam him down and roll their eyes. Once you're Beclowned, the only way is down. Or Stand-Up Comic. He should try that. Like Madonna tried. And failed.

- - - Updated - - -

Bollocks. She's a pale photocopy of Celine Dion is what she is.

Celine doesn't think so. 'Hello' is the song of the epoch. People will be singing it in a 1000 years. Nobody will ever forget Adele but they've already forgotten Morrissey, if they ever even heard of him in the first place. He trading his life for a chance at Fame. And failed. Bowie made sure nobody can follow him. Morrissey is totally toast because of Adele's life and Bowie's death. And that is perfect karma.

Celine Dion is shit aswell

Celine is wonderful. It would be good to hear Morrissey's version of this. I guess he'll get to it like the rest of us did, but not for a decade more. He's finally got Rap. So now he'll maybe realise that Epic Film Ballads were/are Serious Art. And there's the whole Irish in cattle class sub-text to this song/film. Both film and song are an amazing artistic achievement. Why am I not surprised that Trollissey's ugly troll 'fans' are silly snobs? *rollseyes* I bet Moz's mom watches this every Xmas day.. And I bet he does too. Pretty Boy DiCaprio. He has a 9 inch dick.....allegedly....Anyone want to place a bet on either Morrissey's Xmas movie viewing or the size of L's cock?....or the size of M's todger?....those in the know know....LOL!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom