Morrissey Central "MORRISSEY IS PLAYED ON THE RADIO:" (December 7, 2022)

MORRISSEY IS PLAYED ON THE RADIO:

0-7_mihfqc.jpg

THOUSANDS CHOKE TO DEATH, WORLD WAR LIKELY.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not really a Cure fan, but I think they have more Spotify monthly listeners than M and the Smiths combined.

Thats not his fault. Der Spiegel hasn't stopped him from being played on heavy rotation at Bottega Veneta.

I have answers to almost everything, and can solve almost any problem that does not require me getting on my knees to change a tire.

Thats not his fault. Der Spiegel hasn't stopped him from being played on heavy rotation at Bottega Veneta.

I have answers to almost everything, and can solve almost any problem that does not require me getting on my knees to change a tire.
:lbf: I am not sure Der Spiegel is the problem here. Just pointing out there are lots of Cure fans. I think maybe a lot are 'goths'? I know it became impossible to belong to Joy Division pages any longer because of 13 year old goths who demanded we 'respect their culture'. Nightmare, really.

This song is incredibly average and the title is indeed LAME. Sounds like a lazy rip off of Ask, and Cemetry Gates. Yawwwnnn.

It’s just that some people are stuck in the 80
I guess it's clever in the same way bands naming themselves things like "Chet Faker" and "Joy Orbison" are clever.
Or in the same way ‘Heaven Knows I’m Misreable Now’ is a nice play on ‘Heaven Knows I’m Missing Him Now’?

and yet, people come back again and again. So it seems the fans are getting what they want.

But on another note, he rarely does what’s expected of him. Surely he must see how long other artists sets are, and he obviously refuses.

redacted loves my posts.

But they don’t Ketamine, the venues are getting smaller year on year (although I prefer the smaller places)

Robert Smith is one month older than Morrissey, and he plays for 2 and three quarter hours, both singing and playing guitar.
And Peter Hook is 66 and also playing 3 hour sets. You mentioned commitment earlier, on one date on their recent the US tour, their flight was cancelled, so they got a later one, their gear didn’t turn up so they hired some locally and they were that late to the venue they walked on the stage with their suitcases and still did a 2 hour set.

As we NEVER tire of pointing out - we're almost at the end. Please may it be possible that some adult can sit him down and explain the postmodern model of the music 'bis' to him?

BOT is, based on what we've heard in the mega-stadia of Stockton and Blackpool, a middling (at best) set of inconsequential tinkles which may have, in better times, graced portmanteau releases such as MBY and Swords (he used to be VERY good at that, didn't he? Long history from HOH onwards).

And yet, it's no longer really about the music, is it? These later years are now fully sustained by the GRUDGE, by the BITTERNESS and the ANGER at a musical universe that no longer gives a care what he records and a dwindling audience of obsessives devoid of any sense of critical awareness.

BOT will (hopefully) remain on the shelf because, it's just not very good. Little reason to hope that the next collection will be any different.

If him and his peeps REALLY want to 'release' BOT then do it, do it now online. But, for the love of little baby Jesus so close to his birthday, stop blaming everyone else.

We now await St Fiona of the Hopeless Cause to weigh in with her two-pennorth on the cruelty of it all - give it a rest, pet.

As we sit sipping early morning espressos on the chilly balcony of our Angel Meadows eyrie, we gaze upon a Manchester changing and moving on. Changing. Moving on.

Yes, obviously yes and of course, to all of that. Omg when the openers were bad though, they were BAD. I think separately and aside from that, none of the openers ever added any positive element to the overall ambience that you walk away with at the end of a night. They never helped set the stage, or the mood for what was to follow. The pre-show tape and reel were always emblematic, and now feels iconic.

Similarly if I go to the Opera for an evening, I will not appreciate having a Mister Mistoffelees opener jammed down my throat.

INNIT!

I'd give my right arm for a Mister Mistoffelees opener at the Opera!!! :hearteyes:

This thread is similar to bad sex.
Started with anticipation.
Got bored quick.
Sped through the middle just to get to the end.
And the climax was that the finish had mercifully come.

Also, she's so bad that it makes Morrissey extra amazing.

By the time her set is over, people are ready for something, anything else.
We were usually ready 'for something else' fours hours before she launched her caterwauling on an innocent public.

Genuinely wondering how someone can write this and even be a fan of Morrissey. If you hate overdramatic, theatrical, comical, narcissistic, self-indulgent self-pity...what do you enjoy about Morrissey?? All that stuff is why I love his lyrics.
If only we were talking about his lyrics and music. Yes, I've quite enjoyed those aspects of his music.
But let me flip this a bit... don't you as a fan want to see him succeed? Does it ever frustrate you to see him self-sabotage his own success? Do you enjoy seeing the groundwork laid for him to already ruin this new deal with Capitol? If there is a deal that is, we haven't actually seen any evidence from Capitol that one exists.

So yes, it's possible to be a fan of his art while not always enjoying the self-destructive real-life behavior he puts forward.

Last edited:
If only we were talking about his lyrics and music. Yes, I've quite enjoyed those aspects of his music.
But let me flip this a bit... don't you as a fan want to see him succeed? Does it ever frustrate you to see him self-sabotage his own success? Do you enjoy seeing the groundwork laid for him to already ruin this new deal with Capitol? If there is a deal that is, we haven't actually seen any evidence from Capitol that one exists. So yes, it's possible to be a fan of his art while not always enjoying the self-destructive real-life behavior he puts forward.
Stick with him 😁 at least he provokes debate. He's original, thats good. There is a deal with Capitol love because they have released one of his songs as a single x

Stick with him 😁 at least he provokes debate. He's original, thats good. There is a deal with Capitol love because they have released one of his songs as a single x

May be he has a deal with Capitol but I don't think they have released the single. On Spotify they name the record company but for Rebels it just says Morrissey.

May be he has a deal with Capitol but I don't think they have released the single. On Spotify they name the record company but for Rebels it just says Morrissey.
I know it is a bit vague on some platforms. I remember one of the admins on here found Capitol records/UMG as the label on a listening platform. I can't remember which.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom