Morrissey Central "MORRISSEY IS PLAYED ON THE RADIO:" (December 7, 2022)

MORRISSEY IS PLAYED ON THE RADIO:

0-7_mihfqc.jpg

THOUSANDS CHOKE TO DEATH, WORLD WAR LIKELY.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not even that. His whole persona is one of being a wanker. Moaning about the "establishment" at the Oscars while making millions out of the same institutions and people he criticises. Plus, I think his comedy (especially the UK version of the Office) just isn't that good. That After Life on Netflix was just the same thing, over and over.

He's not "moaning", he's telling jokes about it. Gervais is hilarious. The Office is brilliant.

download-1.jpg
download.jpg

Don't ever put these two men in the same category again. They aren't the same.

fwiw, I think M would look great in sweats -padding around barefoot, in MY 6 million pound kitchen. g'day.

You are misdiagnosing what is happening here. Fans aren't intentionally going to a Morrissey show to be disappointed. We WANT a longer show. We HOPE to hear the songs we want. We want to have a good time. It would be bizarre to go to a concert and want something short and disappointing.
And yet, the people that supposedly want all these things, come back.

Is it because they want to be disappointed? is that why they come back?

They know the sets short, they know he’s not gonna play all the songs they want to have him play, he may even cancel, etc. And yet, folks show up.

redacted loves my posts, lol.

Last edited:
And yet, the people that supposedly want all these things, come back.

Is it because they want to be disappointed? is that why they come back?
I've been to a few shows and go to his shows because a little bit of Moz is better than nothing.
I'd personally love a few more songs, but it is what it is

But if the show is too long for someone, that person can simply leave. Nobody can do anything about a show being short. This is not a proper comparison.
Yes, but by your logic, If you’re disappointed in Morrissey’s short sets then you may not want to continue to go to them. Problem solved.
Again, you keep saying people are going out to intentionally get a short show because they're familiar with Morrissey's set length.
I didn’t say that. I said they know what they are paying for.

They are paying for a Morrissey show, not a Cure or Paul McCartney show.
I doubt this is the case for almost the entire audience and it's frankly a bizarre interpretation of what's going on. We are going to see Morrissey because we are fans of his music.

I did not know I was paying for a short show. I went because I'm a fan. I had no memory of the shows I saw years earlier, I did not time them with a stopwatch, and even if so, I could have sworn they were longer.

Nobody is thinking to themselves "I am buying tickets to Morrissey because he does short shows and I hate that but I am brainwashed so I will go anyway." They are just going because they hope for a great night.

I agree that this incessant whining from Morrissey is just disgusting at this point, it's not cute coming from an old man who has been in this business for decades.

Shouldn't this have been posted BEFORE it was played? Without the 'humorous' comment? There is no excuse for not promoting this on his website. BTW, it's evident from social media postings the band was not sick, so the cancelations and postponements are just more of Morrissey's BS. Noel Gallagher even said he lies and laughs about it.

I don't understand what is happening here, or how it happened. I don't understand why Richard had to go to Alain's page to tell him he was playing this single, Alain who was not involved in the recording. Is Alain the de facto manager and PR now? Nothing against Alain, it's Morrissey who is the problem.

Richard is extremely easy to deal with, just send him the song with whatever info you want him to have and ask him when he will play it. He tells you, then you can promote it ie Richard Blade is playing this Tues at 10. Done.

I think Richard organizes Cruel World so I don't know why Morrissey would make himself inaccessible to him, which seems to be the case -- or why isn't the record company handling this? Even Sam the trained monkey can do it.

Richard should be given an open and private line of communication with someone there, he is a huge Moz fan, he is wearing a Moz tshirt on his website page. Richard talks to the artists a lot too, M obviously feels he is above it.

I don't think M is being shut out of the industry at all, there are disconnects everywhere and he is the common denominator. He could have gotten this played before he signed the contract, if there is one. He could have gotten the entire album played. He is doing this to himself.

Also, he is wrong that the people in his song have been forgotten, Billy Idol has over 7 million spotify listeners a month, compared to M's less than 2 million. Taking "Rebels without.........." is hardly something new and clever, there are endless variations of it. The Replacements did it back in the 80's "rebels without a clue" in "I'll Be You".

Last edited:
Morrissey shows are a little short, but I wouldn't want a 3 hour show either.
When I saw the Cure live, they played for three hours. I couldn't wait for them to end. I kept thinking that it was enough already but they'd begin yet another song. I debated with myself about whether or or not I should simply walk out early and go home, but I was afraid I would miss something special, interesting, or exciting. I didn't. I suffered right through until the bitter end.

Now, Morrissey I could watch from now until the end of time and never get bored of him. But that's my personal problem. No need to berate me for it.

When I saw the Cure live, they played for three hours. I couldn't wait for them to end. I kept thinking that it was enough already but they'd begin yet another song. I debated with myself about whether or or not I should simply walk out early and go home, but I was afraid I would miss something special, interesting, or exciting. I didn't. I suffered right through until the bitter end.

Now, Morrissey I could watch from now until the end of time and never get bored of him. But that's my personal problem. No need to berate me for it.

(y)

Morrissey leaves folks wanting more, and it obviously works.

redacted loves my posts, lol

Last edited:

I might not be the typical fan due to autism, and being restless even when I'm doing something I love.

Elvis Costello played for over 3 hours when I saw him and it was about 10 years ago, not when he was younger. He played all the songs everyone wanted to hear, and even tho I was so tired it was really exciting!

Maybe Moz is spent after giving over an 1 hour of "the truth" on stage, who knows. It might not be fair to compare him with other artists just because of their age. We're all different.

No more opening act was the best thing that ever happened

He’s had so many crap opening acts, don’t know why anyone would want that.

Even he’s given up on finding good acts, and I assume he finds that the films come closer at show casing and sharing with the audience what he loves and why he’s even there.

He’s had so many crap opening acts, don’t know why anyone would want that.

Even he’s given up on finding good acts, and I assume he finds that the films come closer at show casing and sharing with the audience what he loves and why he’s even there.
Yes, obviously yes and of course, to all of that. Omg when the openers were bad though, they were BAD. I think separately and aside from that, none of the openers ever added any positive element to the overall ambience that you walk away with at the end of a night. They never helped set the stage, or the mood for what was to follow. The pre-show tape and reel were always emblematic, and now feels iconic.

Similarly if I go to the Opera for an evening, I will not appreciate having a Mister Mistoffelees opener jammed down my throat.

INNIT!

Last edited:
im lobbying for kristeen to return, it'll give me more time to have dinner before hand. and that means i get less drunk at the show. i mean, 2 tequilas on an empty stomach does me in.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom