Morrissey is not racist

mate, i've got some bad news

The main accusations regarding racism seem to come from the following:

1) Mozza expressing concerns with immigration in the past

2) Mozza slating halal meat practices

3) Support of For Britain

....so let's unpack that and acknowledge there is no racism involved....!!!!

answers to the above points:

1) immigration. Yes. Many countries opened their gates for immigrants and, some people do genuinely worry about their own country suffering from population over-crowding. Many countries can't cope easily with job demand, housing issues, benefits that impact on the country finances and (heaven forbid!!!!) some of these people like the idea of preserving their own cultures. None of this is evil, vile or racist, is it?

2). Halal. Even RSPCA and Peta in the UK warn against cruelty to animals through halal. People don't like the idea of unnecessary suffering for animals and think it's bad practice to kill animals this way. This is not racist. It's having decency to animals, right??

3) For Britain. From what I gather, Mozza likes the party because they have policies on protecting animals. Also, let's face it, the massive issue they were slagged off for was "anti Islamic" stance. BUT have you read it? This "anti" islam stance actually says nothing racist does it? Correct me if I'm wrong but.... It refers to wanting to be under ONE law in the Uk, concerns with halal meat, and wanting to stop some of the abuse against women and girls in name of religion etc.

i am not defending that Marie (whatever her name is) or her political party. I'd never vote for Britain personally. I'm also against racism. I don't always agree with Mozza or other artists i like, for that matter! BUT I'm not seeing racism with Mozz. What I'm seeing is a few paragraphs of his quotes lifted and made to highlight the things that the PC Brigade might not be comfortable talking about ( in order to create argument and drama, probably!!) The papers and internet have just been copying and pasting the same "Morrissey is racist" card for years without once giving serious credence to what he actually means.

most here surely know Mozza isn't guilty of actual, serious racism??? I just think people have got carried away with it now because he's now easy target. But it's kinda becoming like an ugly witch hunt now.

some people on here think he is and some people on here don't,but the ones who do will shout the loudest and longest till the ones who don't are browbeaten to a pulp.

The main accusations regarding racism seem to come from the following:

1) Mozza expressing concerns with immigration in the past

2) Mozza slating halal meat practices

3) Support of For Britain

....so let's unpack that and acknowledge there is no racism involved....!!!!

answers to the above points:

1) immigration. Yes. Many countries opened their gates for immigrants and, some people do genuinely worry about their own country suffering from population over-crowding. Many countries can't cope easily with job demand, housing issues, benefits that impact on the country finances and (heaven forbid!!!!) some of these people like the idea of preserving their own cultures. None of this is evil, vile or racist, is it?

2). Halal. Even RSPCA and Peta in the UK warn against cruelty to animals through halal. People don't like the idea of unnecessary suffering for animals and think it's bad practice to kill animals this way. This is not racist. It's having decency to animals, right??

3) For Britain. From what I gather, Mozza likes the party because they have policies on protecting animals. Also, let's face it, the massive issue they were slagged off for was "anti Islamic" stance. BUT have you read it? This "anti" islam stance actually says nothing racist does it? Correct me if I'm wrong but.... It refers to wanting to be under ONE law in the Uk, concerns with halal meat, and wanting to stop some of the abuse against women and girls in name of religion etc.

i am not defending that Marie (whatever her name is) or her political party. I'd never vote for Britain personally. I'm also against racism. I don't always agree with Mozza or other artists i like, for that matter! BUT I'm not seeing racism with Mozz. What I'm seeing is a few paragraphs of his quotes lifted and made to highlight the things that the PC Brigade might not be comfortable talking about ( in order to create argument and drama, probably!!) The papers and internet have just been copying and pasting the same "Morrissey is racist" card for years without once giving serious credence to what he actually means.

most here surely know Mozza isn't guilty of actual, serious racism??? I just think people have got carried away with it now because he's now easy target. But it's kinda becoming like an ugly witch hunt now.

I agree that slagging Morrissey off as a "racist" can come across as a case of lazy journalism. It sometimes is. I am not keen on labelling him, but I can not overlook or condone his harsh and derogatory comments on other cultures and their habits. Add to the list his description of the Chinese as "subspecies" , his contempt for Sadiq Kahn's accent…. And then he supports politicians with even more intolerant opinions.

I agree that slagging Morrissey off as a "racist" can come across as a case of lazy journalism. It sometimes is. I am not keen on labelling him, but I can not overlook or condone his harsh and derogatory comments on other cultures and their habits. Add to the list his description of the Chinese as "subspecies" , his contempt for Sadiq Kahn's accent…. And then he supports politicians with even more intolerant opinions.

The thing is, Morrissey is a critical person though. He criticises anybody and everybody. He criticised Live Aid back in the day, for instance, for which the mainstream slaughtered him. He criticised Thatcher. He criticises Trump for his politics now. He criticised China for their traditional carnivorousness. He'll criticise male or female, black or white, right or left. You could argue it's a sign that he doesn't think in terms of race and gender that he doesn't see the difference. I don't believe for one moment that he has ever racially abused anybody in his life.

The thing is, Morrissey is a critical person though. He criticises anybody and everybody. He criticised Live Aid back in the day, for instance, for which the mainstream slaughtered him. He criticised Thatcher. He criticises Trump for his politics now. He criticised China for their traditional carnivorousness. He'll criticise male or female, black or white, right or left. You could argue it's a sign that he doesn't think in terms of race and gender that he doesn't see the difference. I don't believe for one moment that he has ever racially abused anybody in his life.
That is a correct and it seems people need to look up the word misanthrope cause that is your answer and I have been one all my life.
Us misanthropes cannot stand traits and things people do and how they behave cause in mankind there are things people have in common all over the world. If you know one person you know everyone and will always be left disappointed wondering why the hell they ever invented something like human beings.

A hundred years from now, students will be studying why Europe was obsessed with racism. It will be like the Salem Witch Trials. I personally don't know anyone that is racist and I find it hard to believe any of you have any knowledge of the psychology of a racist. You can't tell by one sentence. From what I can tell, it's Europe's way of picking on each other like hens in a hen house. Also, a pedefile seems to be in higher regard than a racist. How did the same continent bring us Romanticism? You just all sound pretty dumb from my view across the pond.

Yes, he criticizes many people and he is not very consistent with that, both make him an easy target for lazy journalism. It become easy to just pick the remarks that suit your argument, and leave out the others. It is something that we have to keep in mind when reading an article or a post.

For a ... 'racist' :rolleyes: and for a person that some say will do anything for the money, he really went out of his way
and also persuaded others to give a generous gift to Love Music Hate Racism in 2008 .....

'Morrissey donated a reported £28,000 and persuaded his management, booking agency and promoters to chip in another £45,000 after one of the festival's major sponsors pulled out. Event organisers Martin Smith and Lee Billingham said they were "extremely grateful" for Morrissey's "generous financial contribution".

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2008/apr/28/news.culture

:cool:

Last edited:
For a ... 'racist' :rolleyes: and for a person that some say will do anything for the money, he really went out of his way
and also persuaded others to give a generous gift to Love Music Hate Racism in 2008 .....

'Morrissey donated a reported £28,000 and persuaded his management, booking agency and promoters to chip in another £45,000 after one of the festival's major sponsors pulled out. Event organisers Martin Smith and Lee Billingham said they were "extremely grateful" for Morrissey's "generous financial contribution".

So this event is not even new?
LOL
Yer getting lazy lefties...

A hundred years from now, students will be studying why Europe was obsessed with racism. It will be like the Salem Witch Trials. I personally don't know anyone that is racist and I find it hard to believe any of you have any knowledge of the psychology of a racist. You can't tell by one sentence. From what I can tell, it's Europe's way of picking on each other like hens in a hen house. Also, a pedefile seems to be in higher regard than a racist. How did the same continent bring us Romanticism? You just all sound pretty dumb from my view across the pond.
They will view our times as a mental medeavel time in history. What was said now will be laughed at and people will play the game "how stupid were people back in 2018?".
Once a year they will celebrate this era by wearing tinfoil hats and everyone will have duct tape over their mouth.

Yes, he criticizes many people and he is not very consistent with that, both make him an easy target for lazy journalism. It become easy to just pick the remarks that suit your argument, and leave out the others. It is something that we have to keep in mind when reading an article or a post.

yes, and as OS stated 'He criticized China for their traditional carnivorousness' meaning in context of the interview, Morrissey was not describing all the people in and from China as a subspecies.

What happened right before that?
What is his relationship like with them now?
I hope you're not a lawyer. "Yes your honor, my client was in the middle of a lawsuit where he was claiming that the NME were defaming his character by printing statements be made, on tape, about how England is being lost because the floodgates of immigration have been opened. Yes he did make remarks about not being able to hear an 'English accent,' but then he made a donation!"
This is what people do. It's called public relations.
And the answer to the second question is that they don't have any relationship. When you google the names the only connection ever is ten years ago when that trial was happening.
What a coincidence! It really is remarkable that the time he gave support to LMHR was during his lawsuit. What ARE the odds? :rolleyes::lbf:

I'll give you some good advice. Just stick to his own statement that he is not a racist. It addresses the subject directly and people can believe it or not. But don't try to prove it with this mess.

Mmmmhhh... sounds a lot like when Lance Armstrong made a donation to the UCI (world cycling organization) to fund the anti-doping research.

Back
Top Bottom