Morrissey is NOT racist

M

MuteWitness616

Just because he enjoys every now and then speaking badly about a race or making a racist statement does not make him a racist. We all make those kind of remarks eveerynow and then... Doesn't mean we are racist. People should grow up. If he called the Chinese a subspecies big deal. I'm sure you would call Greeks a subspecies if they did something you disliked.

When people call morrissey a racist it just shows how stupid they are..

And even if he was.. Who cares, at least he's not afraid to say what he thinks.

I'm sure there are millions of other singers who hide their actual RACISM

Just because he enjoys every now and then speaking badly about a race or making a racist statement does not make him a racist. We all make those kind of remarks eveerynow and then... Doesn't mean we are racist. People should grow up. If he called the Chinese a subspecies big deal. I'm sure you would call Greeks a subspecies if they did something you disliked.

When people call morrissey a racist it just shows how stupid they are..

And even if he was.. Who cares, at least he's not afraid to say what he thinks.

I'm sure there are millions of other singers who hide their actual RACISM

I agree with you that it's absolutely ridiculous to call him racist when there are so many despicable real racists in the world, but I didn't see the comment as actually racist at all. It was race-related, but that's a different thing altogether. I just believe that if he had worded it differently and thought it out properly there would be a lot less fuss.

I'm not a racist, but the only evidence other people have of that is that I don't keep making racist or xenophobic comments.

If someone keeps making such comments even their most devoted fans must surely start to wonder.

Perhaps he's just thick and doesn't understand using Nazi terminology is not really on.

Or perhaps he's desperate for attention and this is all he can think of to keep it.

or perhaps it's just a newspaper blowing something completely out of proportion. He could have worded it better but surely it's obvious that he meant anybody who can treat another living creature in such a way is less than human.

I'm sure most of us are guilty of opening our mouths before engaging the brain, why should he be any different?

or perhaps it's just a newspaper blowing something completely out of proportion. He could have worded it better but surely it's obvious that he meant anybody who can treat another living creature in such a way is less than human.

I'm sure most of us are guilty of opening our mouths before engaging the brain, why should he be any different?

I don't think he's racist, but in answer to your question - because he knew he was being interviewed (the tape recorder gave it away) and he's been crucified for this sort of remark in the past. Sadly, what someone predicted yesterday has happened - everyone is talking about the stupid remark about China and ignoring the hideous animal cruelty that he had hoped to give exposure to.

I agree with what you say he meant.

Agreed.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Gandhi.

Morrissey said basically the same thing, but with a kick in the balls. He understands the media and how it views him. But thats not going to shut him up, or stop him.

No he is not racist.He didnt attack Chinese because they are Chinese but because of the animal cruelty.

I'm sure Michael Jackson fans still believe he wasn't a paedophile. Despite the strong circumstantial evidence.

I don't think Morrissey is a racist but he is seemingly turning into a bit of a reactionary tw*t. I expect the offer of a weekly column in the Daily Mail soon

I'm sure Michael Jackson fans still believe he wasn't a paedophile. Despite the strong circumstantial evidence.

I don't think Morrissey is a racist but he is seemingly turning into a bit of a reactionary tw*t. I expect the offer of a weekly column in the Daily Mail soon

Your comments are getting old

Actually, Morrissey didn't say the Chinese are a subspecies.

He said in the context of animal cruelty, "You can't help but feel that the Chinese are a subspecies."

Technically, calling a race a subspecies isn't even an insult - but you can see how Morrissey's use of language for dramatic effect, for which he is rightly famed, has once again given his detractors more than enough ammunition to use against him...

Actually, Morrissey didn't say the Chinese are a subspecies.

He said in the context of animal cruelty, "You can't help but feel that the Chinese are a subspecies."

Technically, calling a race a subspecies isn't even an insult - but you can see how Morrissey's use of language for dramatic effect, for which he is rightly famed, has once again given his detractors more than enough ammunition to use against him...

Morrissey isn't a scientist, he's a singer. I didn't realise he was a qualified biologist.

Substitute Chinese for the word Jews, Slavs or Gypsies and that sentence, within the quotation marks, takes on rather sinister historical connotations. For me at any rate.
Morrissey is a 51 year old man who should not be dealing in the language of crypto-fascism to get his salient point about animal rights abuses across (in my opinion.)

Is anyone else bored with all this already? It won't be an issue tomorrow.
He's got a record to publicise, and a profile to raise. That's all it is.

P.

Morrissey isn't a scientist, he's a singer. I didn't realise he was a qualified biologist.

Substitute Chinese for the word Jews, Slavs or Gypsies and that sentence, within the quotation marks, takes on rather sinister historical connotations. For me at any rate.
Morrissey is a 51 year old man who should not be dealing in the language of crypto-fascism to get his salient point about animal rights abuses across (in my opinion.)

Weirdly though, when he attacks America, nobody calls him racist.

He called them "subspecies"not "subhuman"(untermensch).So stop this useless Nazi comparisons.

Moz could have said 'the Chinese are a bit mean to animals, but all in all I'm sure they're an affable bunch', and noone would have noticed. He says this, and while it won't change anything, at least it gets China's horrible treatment of animals into the headlines.

Just like 'Margaret on the Guillotine' was not a legitimate proposal to behead the PM, this is not implying that Chinese in general are a lower breed of humans. You would think anyone who has any knowledge of Morrissey and his lyricism and statements in general would know that he likes to paint with a rather broad brush at times.

I think it's a problem with some extreme animal rights people in general. They are always invoking the holocaust. It's like such language becomes second nature to them.

I think it's a problem with some extreme animal rights people in general. They are always invoking the holocaust. It's like such language becomes second nature to them.

:clap:

Moz could have said 'the Chinese are a bit mean to animals, but all in all I'm sure they're an affable bunch', and noone would have noticed. He says this, and while it won't change anything, at least it gets China's horrible treatment of animals into the headlines.

Just like 'Margaret on the Guillotine' was not a legitimate proposal to behead the PM, this is not implying that Chinese in general are a lower breed of humans. You would think anyone who has any knowledge of Morrissey and his lyricism and statements in general would know that he likes to paint with a rather broad brush at times.

This is absolutely spot on.

Tags
cathexis sure is tl;dr in here
Back
Top Bottom