Morrissey is not happy with me - Fréttablaðið - 5 February 2015

MrShoes

Subscriber
While not fresh news, its certainly amusing. It also shows that Icelanders don't take themselves as seriously as Morrissey does. MrShoes

<Translated from Icelandic>

Fréttablaðið - 5 February 2015 - page 58

Morrissey Is Not Happy With Me

Friðrik Ómar will have “meatloaf” in Harpa this weekend since he is a meat lover.

“I just say; good luck to him to find a concert hall in Iceland which does not serve meat” says the musician Friðrik Ómar Hjörleifsson about Morrissey, which cancelled his concert in Harpa because meat is sold in the house. Friðrik Ómar is however organizing a big meat festival in the same house this weekend when the Meatloaf concert, Bat Out Of Hell, will be shown for the last time in Harpa.

“I am a meat lover and I have been preparing the steak for nine days and I can’t wait to eat this delicious meat loaf” says Friðrik Ómar.

He claims that while the Meatloaf concert has been in Harpa selling of meat there has increased. “The restaurants will sell lot of meat this weekend. Morrissey is probably not gonna like me” says Friðrik Ómar and adds an laugh.

He and his group are now filling Harpa for the fourth time but the meat feast is also filling Hof (in Akureyri) for the fourth time 21 February. "All these shows have been with full house. Now we will finish this and start to prepare further achievements this year.”

Screen Shot 2015-02-12 at 08.05.40.jpg

Back
Top Bottom