Morrissey is back in the studio soon

In my wildest dreams, he will forgo distortion and electronics and make something sonically intimate.

wasn't there twenty odd songs in the high school recording sessions,thats easily enough for two albums.give me 12 home is a question mark and I would be very happy,not 12 of the same song that would be mental but you know what I mean.

PLEASE! do not go into the studio until some new collaborators are found to write the music. Your wonderful words deserve so much better.

wasn't there twenty odd songs in the high school recording sessions,thats easily enough for two albums.give me 12 home is a question mark and I would be very happy,not 12 of the same song that would be mental but you know what I mean.

You'd think what was left off the last album was left off because they didn't fit rather than quality. If there's another album off the back of these sessions I'd assume there would be a different feel to the album.

PLEASE! do not go into the studio until some new collaborators are found to write the music. Your wonderful words deserve so much better.

It may well be your view but the consensus this time was the opposite. Great music, frequently awful lyrics. If anything, he arguably needs someone else to write the words...

Too soon for another album and everyone is fed up with his last sorry attempt. He is now at that stage of the career where only studio time and travel fills him with any kind of purpose in life.

He spent his life trying to run from severe depression that way.

You'd think what was left off the last album was left off because they didn't fit rather than quality. If there's another album off the back of these sessions I'd assume there would be a different feel to the album.

That's a wild guess, thus impossible to answer.
However, Joe Chiccarelli was quite clear: "We've done 2 and a half albums together and we are about to go back in the studio and finish that half of an album that we didn't finish"... which leads to think that the reason that some songs didn't make it into LIHS was not the quality (because it would not make sense to finish the "other half" of the album if one half has been discarded.

I was surprised by his lack of doubt. The video was amazing, but that line was certainly the most surprising part of it.

LIHS II: 12 golden greats about politics and oral sex, and on the modern classic song "Bill Clinton and the Oval Orifice"- Both at the same time.

Boycott L I H S II campaign, boot camp ready and waiting Steve.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

That's a wild guess, thus impossible to answer.
However, Joe Chiccarelli was quite clear: "We've done 2 and a half albums together and we are about to go back in the studio and finish that half of an album that we didn't finish"... which leads to think that the reason that some songs didn't make it into LIHS was not the quality (because it would not make sense to finish the "other half" of the album if one half has been discarded.

Musicians talk about having great songs left over from their recording sessions a lot, and it doesn't always turn out that they have.

It may well be your view but the consensus this time was the opposite. Great music, frequently awful lyrics. If anything, he arguably needs someone else to write the words...

Totally. LIHS had some great music and some great singing. Morrissey needs to back away from seeing himself as Billy Bragg for readers of the Daily Express, cos it ain't working for anyone.

So Morrissey is back in the Studio soon!
Thatˋs worth getting an own news-story, isnˋt it?

Yes, you would think Moz potentially recording another album would be newsworthy here. Then again, I was surprised when the six new song titles weren't promoted to a news story. Though I'm guessing certain mods are looking for a more negative angle to things...

I think so. One of the new songs is called Diana Dors, isn't it? So it's difficult to see how there could be a political angle to that one. Though you never know, I suppose.

LIHS II: 12 golden greats about politics and oral sex, and on the modern classic song "Bill Clinton and the Oval Orifice"- Both at the same time.

I found it strange how the oral sex "theme" was highlighted by reviewers on the last album. I mean, it's been there ever since Reel Around The Fountain and has featured ever since. It's like "a tough kid who sometimes swallows nails", Angel Angel, Down We Go Together, "there's nowhere to go but down", "he went down on one knee", "bullet in the gullet", "something got stuck in his throat", "peel it back and bite me", "he took the blast/his very last" etc. etc. never happened. It was as if some people had never noticed the innuendo before.

It may even be possible he never left the studio. All those video messages and pictures were taken before he entered the studio to never leave it again.

FOLKS, MOZ ROWS HIS OWN BOAT ON THE RIVER OF HIS OWN SUCCESS,

ALWAYS HAS, ALWAYS WILL.

END OF DISCUSSION.

:cool:

you're gonna miss him when he's gone

Back
Top Bottom