Morrissey is back in the studio soon

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2018 (read-only)' started by JoeSellMozza, Jan 29, 2018.

1. JoeSellMozza

JoeSellMozza Well-Known Member

So Morrissey is back in the Studio soon!
    Thatˋs worth getting an own news-story, isnˋt it?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Raphael Lambach

Raphael Lambach Well-Known Member

If only it's true.
    Where did you get it from?

3. RobLand

RobLand Visitor since 1997

4. g23

g23 Always crashing in the same car

In my wildest dreams, he will forgo distortion and electronics and make something sonically intimate.

• Like Like x 1
  5. gordyboy9

gordyboy9 big member.

wasn't there twenty odd songs in the high school recording sessions,thats easily enough for two albums.give me 12 home is a question mark and I would be very happy,not 12 of the same song that would be mental but you know what I mean.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PLEASE! do not go into the studio until some new collaborators are found to write the music. Your wonderful words deserve so much better.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Charlie Cheswick

Charlie Cheswick Well-Known Member

You'd think what was left off the last album was left off because they didn't fit rather than quality. If there's another album off the back of these sessions I'd assume there would be a different feel to the album.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It may well be your view but the consensus this time was the opposite. Great music, frequently awful lyrics. If anything, he arguably needs someone else to write the words...

• Like Like x 1
  10. URBANUS

URBANUS Guest

Too soon for another album and everyone is fed up with his last sorry attempt. He is now at that stage of the career where only studio time and travel fills him with any kind of purpose in life.

He spent his life trying to run from severe depression that way.

• Troll Troll x 1
  11. Oh my

Oh my Enough! or Too much

That's a wild guess, thus impossible to answer.
    However, Joe Chiccarelli was quite clear: "We've done 2 and a half albums together and we are about to go back in the studio and finish that half of an album that we didn't finish"... which leads to think that the reason that some songs didn't make it into LIHS was not the quality (because it would not make sense to finish the "other half" of the album if one half has been discarded.

I was surprised by his lack of doubt. The video was amazing, but that line was certainly the most surprising part of it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Insightful Insightful x 1
  12. g23

g23 Always crashing in the same car

LIHS II: 12 golden greats about politics and oral sex, and on the modern classic song "Bill Clinton and the Oval Orifice"- Both at the same time.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Boycott L I H S II campaign, boot camp ready and waiting Steve.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

• Troll Troll x 3
  14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lihs deluxe edition maybe

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Musicians talk about having great songs left over from their recording sessions a lot, and it doesn't always turn out that they have.

16. Cornflakes

Cornflakes "A bit iffy" ★★☆☆☆ - AV Club

Totally. LIHS had some great music and some great singing. Morrissey needs to back away from seeing himself as Billy Bragg for readers of the Daily Express, cos it ain't working for anyone.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Orson Swells

Orson Swells Well-Known Member

Yes, you would think Moz potentially recording another album would be newsworthy here. Then again, I was surprised when the six new song titles weren't promoted to a news story. Though I'm guessing certain mods are looking for a more negative angle to things...

I think so. One of the new songs is called Diana Dors, isn't it? So it's difficult to see how there could be a political angle to that one. Though you never know, I suppose.

I found it strange how the oral sex "theme" was highlighted by reviewers on the last album. I mean, it's been there ever since Reel Around The Fountain and has featured ever since. It's like "a tough kid who sometimes swallows nails", Angel Angel, Down We Go Together, "there's nowhere to go but down", "he went down on one knee", "bullet in the gullet", "something got stuck in his throat", "peel it back and bite me", "he took the blast/his very last" etc. etc. never happened. It was as if some people had never noticed the innuendo before.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. URBANUS

URBANUS Guest

It may even be possible he never left the studio. All those video messages and pictures were taken before he entered the studio to never leave it again.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope so. I love Morrissey. This world is so boring except him.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Ketamine Sun

Ketamine Sun <><><><><><><>

FOLKS, MOZ ROWS HIS OWN BOAT ON THE RIVER OF HIS OWN SUCCESS,

ALWAYS HAS, ALWAYS WILL.

END OF DISCUSSION.

:cool:

you're gonna miss him when he's gone

• Like Like x 2