Morrissey is asking GM to start using vegan leather interiors on their cars - Detroit Metro Times

Mike sends the link:

Morrissey is asking GM to start using vegan leather interiors on their cars - Detroit Metro Times

Excerpt:

In an open letter on behalf of PETA, Morrissey is asking that GM start making vegan leather options for their Chevy Bolt and Volt.

The letter is directly addressed to GM CEO Mary Barra and points out that GM is named in PETA's brand-new investigation of cattle ranches and all the crazy shit that happens to them. Moz points out that the Bolt and Volt are marketed as eco-friendly, and adding the vegan leather would only broaden their appeal.

...You can read the full letter below.

Mary T Barra
Chair and CEO
General Motors Company

21 November 2016

Dear Ms Barra,

As I head to Detroit to play the Royal Oak Music Theatre, I'm writing to ask GM to make Chevy's Volt and Bolt more eco-friendly by giving buyers the option to choose vegan leather interiors – including steering wheels and gear shifts. GM is named in PETA's brand-new investigation of cattle ranches, on which animals are branded on the face, electro-shocked, and beaten before they're slaughtered and used to make leather interiors for car companies, including yours.

More and more people are opting for vegan leather for the sake of both cows and the environment. A staggering 51 per cent of global greenhouse-gas emissions are caused by animal agriculture. Animal skins also have to be treated with a toxic soup of chemicals in order to keep them from decomposing, and runoff from leather tanneries poisons vital waterways.

Given that the Volt and Bolt are being marketed to eco-conscious buyers, entirely vegan options would only broaden their appeal. I look forward to your reply.
Yours sincerely,

Morrissey

I reckon like a true-American living the "American dream" in LA, he would send a letter to a classic American company like General Motors. Why doesn't he send a letter to the Nazi car makers like Mercedes and BMW. I reckon I would like to know if Morrissey's Black Mercedes C class that he gets driven around in has pleather seats? I reckon how about sending a letter to Jaguar and Rolls Royce too?

I reckon doing a Morrissey and Marr Productions ltd. proper top mental "secret" acoustic corporate show at General Motors might help. I reckon that would mean adding Detroit to the tour list. I don't think General Motors has a factory in LA or Portland.

I reckon what does "good on" mean?

General Motors is bigger than Mercedes, BMW, Jaguar and Rolls Royce combined.
The models from GM named are high volume models.
Mid-priced. So it would be more effective to aim at those.

The fact that I as an European have to remind you, while you pretend to be a patriot is astonishing me, but only just a bit.
I recon he could do the same with Volkswagen when touring in Germany, which I recon you consider as a nazi carmaker too. But you left them out. Lazy.

He forgot about that last time he was around or he thought they were already on their back and had other things on his mind at the time.

As always, your are funny but lazy!
Just lying on your back near the poolside.
Why didn't you warn us.
Your information networks tracking moz failed completely.
You are losing your grip. Time for a change. Fire them. Get new contacts. But keep the intern. I like her, don't know why.
Cheers!

that's some funny reasoning.

Why not just have the courtesy to not kill them in the first place ?

That would be too much courtesy.
People tend to be only courteous when they have something to lose.
Animals are no threat.

General Motors is bigger than Mercedes, BMW, Jaguar and Rolls Royce combined.

According to Forbes.com, Daimler (AKA Mercedes) and BMW are the third and fourth largest car manufacturers in the world. GM is sixth on the list. Jaguar is a brand owned by the Tata group and Rolls-Royce is a division of BMW.

Pedantic, I know.

Yet cheese and eggs are welcome on the tour ! When is a vegan a vegan ? It's all getting rather confusing now. doh:
So confusing and no doubt rather embarrassing for the bots that their only option now is have my posts hidden. :lbf: Cheese bleeds but let's just brush that to one side shall we ?

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Silenced for telling the truth :clap: well done bots :bow: now go and put your hand in the fire because simple Steven says !

According to Forbes.com, Daimler (AKA Mercedes) and BMW are the third and fourth largest car manufacturers in the world. GM is sixth on the list. Jaguar is a brand owned by the Tata group and Rolls-Royce is a division of BMW.

Pedantic, I know.

No, not pedantic. Informative.
But the percentage of high volume midpriced cars sold is higher, I guess, that's why I compared with Volkswagen as a more reasonable option cause they are big in that segment too.
Be as pedantic as you can be!
Rather that than nothing at all!
Cheers

Yet cheese and eggs are welcome on the tour ! When is a vegan a vegan ? It's all getting rather confusing now. doh:
So confusing and no doubt rather embarrassing for the bots that their only option now is have my posts hidden. :lbf: Cheese bleeds but let's just brush that to one side shall we ?

Silenced for telling the truth :clap: well done bots :bow: now go and put your hand in the fire because simple Steven says !

Install the BBQ Benny!
I will come round!
Can it be my right hand?
I am left-handed, you know.
No you don't.
Christ, should have stifle me self!

Again, you still go on about the document which hasn't been proved to be an official rider yet.
I'd still like to see some proof, though David T, Uncle Skinny and yourself dismiss such idea of a document being fake on a public forum. Hey whatever you find on the internet is real right?
And lastly, you forget to realise that you're an old man on a forum, who tends to be cheery I say at times, but deep down, you're quite saddening.

I believe those friends around you are sick of your shit. This might explains why your initial posts were hidden. You remember those who have accounts right? The ones who on a daily basis put down the holy MOZ with nothing better to do? The ones you consider your true friends? Since you don't have any in real life.

Mozbot-the-British-Follower :greatbritain:

Nicely worded. Moz can't win. He tries to help animals and he's accused of trying to sell tickets. I think his letter was nicely worded for a change. I'm sure some twit will mark this redundant. Luckily I have a life and don't really care what anyone thinks.

Yeah, you gotta eat something, not someone. Why are meat eaters so stupid anyway?

In 2013 I was looking at the Hyundai Genesis Coupe, but it came with a leather steering wheel standard, so instead I got a Honda Accord Coupe, which was a better deal anyway.

Go, Moz Go. I had no idea a Chevy Volt would have leather in it. How sinister and psycho. They look like they are supposed to be eco-friendly. Guess not. What a scam.

Go, Moz Go! I could buy a house in Detroit by writing a check! Whoa!

that's some funny reasoning.

Why not just have the courtesy to not kill them in the first place ?

This is how it goes.

"Where are we deffo playing next?"
"Detroit, Moz"
"How are ticket sales?"
"Not the best, Moz"
"What do they do in Detroit?"
"Make cars, Moz"
"That means they use leather. Listen, I've got a great idea..."

If you really truly believe that writing a letter to a motor car company to put vegan seats in their cars will in any way boost ticket sales for Morrissey's concert then I have some great beachfront property in Switzerland to sell you.

If you really truly believe that writing a letter to a motor car company to put vegan seats in their cars will in any way boost ticket sales for Morrissey's concert then I have some great beachfront property in Switzerland to sell you.

Let me guess.
Lausanne? Isn't there a lake there?
I thought I read it in List of the Lost.
Price?

why pamper life's complexity when the [vegan] leather runs smooth on the passenger's seat?

Actually, in most live shows he has already sung "when the pleather runs" ..... Very witty as always :bow::D

Good luck with that. All that's happened is that his name is in the news again, which will please him.

I won't repeat what I think of PETA and their stance on leather, but succinctly - they are talking out of their arse and their page(s) on leather are so inaccurate and full of scientific un-facts, it's laughable. Personally I have no problem wearing leather shoes. If you're going to kill an animal to eat it you may as well do it the courtesy as using as much of it as possible.

Views from a fruity cooter.

Yawn. You're finished Benny. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, cares any more. Even the Solo mods are blanking you out. You were good in your time...but now you are just dull, tiresome and very, very witless. See ya...

I don't believe the letter is from him. Sounds different and makes no sense mentioning Detroit ..:confused:

How can a human butt be pleather? It can't be "leather" either, but that makes more sense.

Actually, in most live shows he has already sung "when the pleather runs" ..... Very witty as always :bow::D

Any news from General Motors making their cars life-friendly?

Maybe the letter was lost in embarrassment, or they said "What a nuisance this crazy people who care about animals and environment!", ignoring the growing awareness of people around the globe and -of course- the intrinsec value of the matter.

Actually, as Morrissey suggested, they could have an option, just for nice people who like GM cars but don't like the idea of sitting their bottoms on a daily basis over the dead skin of a non-human person. Thus adding lack of respect to the tragedy of murder, just in the name of an increasingly weird thing some (old) people call luxury.

As inadequate as the response was, at least Australian PM Joyce answered the letter adressed to him.

but i have a question: is it the leather from cows killed for meat that is being used? or are they two wholly different industries wherein you have cows killed for leather and cows killed for meat? no one has ever given me a clear answer on that.

As Morrissey explains in his letter, animals go through even more torturing proceeds in order to make their leathers adequate for car interiors. Besides, the very eco-unfriendly activity of tanneries literally poisons the ecosystem of the places where they are installed. Sadly, most of them are placed in countries of the so called third world. Tanneries kill humans too, not only animals. Usually, final consumers are very far from the murders they contribute to generate, but remoteness doesn't make disappear the deed.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom