Morrissey is a nasty human being

Tony Wilson is just being bitter because he had a chance to sign the smiths and did'nt take it,and to this day he regret's it.

I hope the Stephen Street-story was a lie.

How is Morrissey being a twat in anyway new or news? Surely anyone can see he's, in all honestly, a bit of a tosser.

And Mr Wilson got really far didn't he!! the reason he was doing that show...:p

How is Morrissey being a twat in anyway new or news? Surely anyone can see he's, in all honestly, a bit of a tosser.

HOW DARE YOU. Don't you realise that just because Morrissey wrote some great songs 20 years ago you can't say a bad word against him.

Honestly, for all the dim wits that are saying how wrong Tony Wilson is, just consider that he has met Morrissey where as you haven't. Touching his hand at a gig doesn't count.

Let's not forget that Morrissey supports the notion of causing physical harm to human beings who work to find cures for illness. The f***ing prick.

I actually found that very funny. Here is this bitter old drunk ranting on about one of the greatest artists that ever drew breath and he gets so angry, twisted and wound up that you think his head is going to turn inside out, so much so he has to be stopped by the interviewer who presumably is thinking what a twat this bloke is, and asked to get back on topic...the funniest bit however was the 'no im fine' and then the large pause before '...Phil Collins'. I spat my drink out in hilarity. It could have been straight out of a Gervais/Merchant creation.

Chareth, if the extent of the man is that he 'wrote some good songs 20 years ago', you wouldnt be here talking about him. Tony Wilsons account of him is far less reliable than someone on here who has never met him. As has been mentioned, the man is clearly bitter and twisted about not signing The Smiths, that and the fact that he looks like a melted welly. There are dozens of people who have met Moz and said he's one of the warmest people you could hope to meet. It's all subjective of course but there is no consensus on Morrissey being 'a bit of a tosser'.

Of course he isnt perfect, that much is clear and there is credance in the arugment that he tends to shit on people a bit, or at least he used to, but no one would be interested in the man if he was perfect. His failings make him far more human and that is so much of the attraction for his fans id suggest, especially in todays music. No one thinks he can do no wrong.

I actually found that very funny. Here is this bitter old drunk ranting on about one of the greatest artists that ever drew breath and he gets so angry, twisted and wound up that you think his head is going to turn inside out, so much so he has to be stopped by the interviewer who presumably is thinking what a twat this bloke is, and asked to get back on topic...the funniest bit however was the 'no im fine' and then the large pause before '...Phil Collins'. I spat my drink out in hilarity. It could have been straight out of a Gervais/Merchant creation.

Chareth, if the extent of the man is that he 'wrote some good songs 20 years ago', you wouldnt be here talking about him. Tony Wilsons account of him is far less reliable than someone on here who has never met him. As has been mentioned, the man is clearly bitter and twisted about not signing The Smiths, that and the fact that he looks like a melted welly. There are dozens of people who have met Moz and said he's one of the warmest people you could hope to meet. It's all subjective of course but there is no consensus on Morrissey being 'a bit of a tosser'.

Of course he isnt perfect, that much is clear and there is credance in the arugment that he tends to shit on people a bit, or at least he used to, but no one would be interested in the man if he was perfect. His failings make him far more human and that is so much of the attraction for his fans id suggest, especially in todays music. No one thinks he can do no wrong.

Ok. I agree. The comment about Phil Collins was f***ing hilarious.

But why do people on here seem to think that Morrissey is the f***ing messiah. It's embarassing.

HE'S JUST A GUY, WHO WROTE SOME SONGS. YES, THEY WERE GOOD SONGS. THE BEST SONGS IN SOME CASES. THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT YOU HAVE TO AGREE WITH EVERYTHING HE SAYS!!!!!

BACON, AFTER ALL, IS REALLY f***ING TASTY.

:rolleyes: It's just an attempt by Wilson to get some column inches. He just wants a "Tony Slams Morrissey" headline.

The most hilarious part is his insistence that Morrissey hates him back. I really very much doubt Morrissey cares. If he sees it he'll probably think it's funny.

But he's lifted a lot of ordinary people out of the drain by giving them some songs to articulate their lives. I think that counts for more than whatsizface thinks.

:rolleyes: It's just an attempt by Wilson to get some column inches. He just wants a "Tony Slams Morrissey" headline.

The most hilarious part is his insistence that Morrissey hates him back. I really very much doubt Morrissey cares. If he sees it he'll probably think it's funny.

Actually, I used the word "attacks" instead of "Slams" in my headline.

Now I feel bad that I played right into Tony Wilson's hand. Bastard. :D

But he's lifted a lot of ordinary people out of the drain by giving them some songs to articulate their lives. I think that counts for more than whatsizface thinks.

Whatsizface kind of gave birth to the Manchester music scene. Without whatsizface I very much doubt this board would exist. Check the history books kid.

Whatsizface kind of gave birth to the Manchester music scene. Without whatsizface I very much doubt this board would exist. Check the history books kid.

Erm, no he didn't. He took advantage of his Oxbridge background in order to leech off the talents of those lower down the social scale than him. Then he used their money to bolster his own ego and eventually bankrupted himself.

my browser won't play the video, is that a good or bad! so he is complaining about morrissey... so what!
i like tony wilson. if it wasn't for him and factory records,would we have had a manchester music scene in the 80s. you wouldn't have the wonderful martin hannett production and savilles amazing cover designs and the music of joy division & new order, happy mondays, vini reilly etc. if he is slating morrissey then so be it, it's his opinion.
factory messed up because of bad managerment and the expense of the LP 'Yes Please' by the happy mondays.

Ok. I agree. The comment about Phil Collins was f***ing hilarious.

But why do people on here seem to think that Morrissey is the f***ing messiah. It's embarassing.

HE'S JUST A GUY, WHO WROTE SOME SONGS. YES, THEY WERE GOOD SONGS. THE BEST SONGS IN SOME CASES. THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT YOU HAVE TO AGREE WITH EVERYTHING HE SAYS!!!!!

BACON, AFTER ALL, IS REALLY f***ING TASTY.

I smell "bad day"...

Back
Top Bottom