Morrissey intoxicated?

M

MuteWitness616

Morrissey was either ill (again) or intoxicated (???) . His singing was off, there was lots of slurring, or skipping lyrics altogether, and he seemed out of focus and - to be honest - going through the motions. I am sure other in the audience who've seen him felt like me, uncomfortable and concerned, when he did these things.

this post on the home page, got me thinking.
Could it be possible that Morrissey has been drinking and that is why he has been feeling ill this tour.

He's a vegetarian which means he should be mostly healthy. I am sure he eats extremely healthy and has a proper diet. So what are the reasons to his poor health? I understand he is growing older and his voice might be a bit tired but what about other artists his age.

Discuss

Hmmmmm

Simply Morrissey is less able to adjust himself when he's on the road.

Possibly medication made him looked intoxicated?

Re: Hmmmmm

He didn't seem intoxicated, he just seemed angry.

he seems frustrated that he can't give the vocal performance he wants to due to reoccuring health problems.

Newsflash: People here like to talk crap!

Well, all I got to say to that is; thank god for YouTube.

Re: Morrissey . . . . there's . .

. . . . definitely . . .

. . . trouble at mill . . . . . . . . .

:straightface:

Translation:
In northern england, uk 'trouble at mill' was a term used for worrying times or brewing calamity amongst 'the workers'.
:)

Re: Mozmic dancer . . and his dancing fruit . .

where is your dancing banana Mozmic?

:straightface:

Morrissey was either ill (again) or intoxicated (???) . His singing was off, there was lots of slurring, or skipping lyrics altogether, and he seemed out of focus and - to be honest - going through the motions. I am sure other in the audience who've seen him felt like me, uncomfortable and concerned, when he did these things.

this post on the home page, got me thinking.
Could it be possible that Morrissey has been drinking and that is why he has been feeling ill this tour.

He's a vegetarian which means he should be mostly healthy. I am sure he eats extremely healthy and has a proper diet. So what are the reasons to his poor health? I understand he is growing older and his voice might be a bit tired but what about other artists his age.

Discuss
He is falling ill because he is disappointed in you.

You know what else causes slurred speech and forgetting words? A STROKE!

People, please. Do you really want to go there? He's had throat problems. That we know. He had an off-night.

Everyone except the usual weeping nellies on the Main Page gave him a terrific reception and didn't feel they have to mailign him just because he didn't shake their hand or sing happy birthday to their mother.

Leave it at that.

he seems frustrated that he can't give the vocal performance he wants to due to reoccuring health problems.
I think that's it. He's knows he has to do the show to avoid disappointing the fans and extending the tour (which I'm sure he's looking forward to finishing) - but doesn't want to because he's tired and he knows his voice is a bit knackered. You can see the frustration when he can't hit the notes he wants to.

I'm sure he's like me and everyone else I know at the moment who's waiting for the Christmas holidays so they can get away from work, collapse and do sod all. As great at his concerts are for us - it must be a bit of a slog, especially when you can't sing as well as usual. No wonder he's cheesed off.

Don't know where the drunk stuff comes from...

Actually, there was an interesting post on the Main page from mjparker.

He/she thinks that perhaps that Morrissey was having sound problems. So, while everyone thought Moz was having a "senior" moment forgetting his own lyrics and perhaps "slurring" from the ol' grey goose, may in fact have stopped singing because he couldn't hear himself!

He doesn't wear an ear monitor.

I don't think Morrissey has ever been intoxicated on stage, but he is always intoxicating on stage. :thumb:

If you don't believe it, find a download for the show on Dec. 12 1999!
From Passionsjustlikemine: "Morrissey was in an incredibly playful mood. He talked constantly between songs, made funny lyric changes that he had never done before and was so high that he sometimes distractedly forgot his words and sang something else or just mumbled."

I guess he wasn't drunk, but he was certainly on something!

It's a fantastic show! ...Though he replaces most of the words to Tomorrow with "I've got testicles".
No lie.

Do you ever just have a day where you don't want to go to work for one personal reason or another? THen when you're there do you think the other workers assume you're mad because you're not working as efficiently as you should? :confused: The logic used here baffles me sometimes and that's coming from me.

Back
Top Bottom