Morrissey Interview?

what's the point, he doesn't answer anymore :crazy:

He does! He really does. He doesn't answer the same way he did when he was new at all of this, but he answers in a way that's much deeper than most pop star interviews.

Why does nobody see this?

Scarlet, who are these most pop stars for you and what do you mean by deeper?

What makes you think that nobody sees what you see?

What makes me think it is that so many people keep saying it. People, like Di just now, often say that Morrissey never says anything in his interviews. I think he says a lot. We know a lot about him because of his interviews. Even the recent ones.

I guess people are just looking for things other than the things he's saying. It's true he doesn't tell us about who he's cuddling with, nor does he tell us the ins and outs of his daily struggles, but he's always given us a nice overview of his mental landscape.

The other pop stars I speak of are the fluffy ones who give interviews about their struggles with heroin and their thoughts on why war is bad, m'kayyy, but rarely say anything of real insight or let you into their souls... if they have one. Honestly, the only time I ever see that stuff is in doctors' offices when I'm forced to read People Magazine, so perhaps I'm full of crap.

:)

1) What cluedo piece would you be?

2) When he farts, does he loath himself, or does he celebrate his success?

3) Can I have a lend of £20, I'll throw it back next Tuesday.

Morrissey said that the reason he doesn't give too many interviews is because he always gets asked the same questions. Thought it would be fun to find out what questions you would like to ask him?

It seems to me like he gives a lot of interviews - well, not a lot, but enough to seem to me to be accessable - each begun by the interviewer saying "Thanks for sitting down with us in this rare interview..." :lbf: Maybe there weren't a ton in number, but they seem substantial to me in depth when compared to the average celebrity-late-night-talk-show-interview-appearance.

Print interviews? If they make him nervous and he'd rather do tv or something he has control over like the Wrestle with Russell thing, why not?

He does! He really does. He doesn't answer the same way he did when he was new at all of this, but he answers in a way that's much deeper than most pop star interviews.

Why does nobody see this?

I do. I'm not sure exactly what people think he's not answering, or want him to say that he's not saying. He always seems (to me, anyway) very willing to discuss political issues, music-related subjects, his childhood...Maybe not so much burnt bridges, or professional dispute issues, but I wouldn't expect any celebrity would want to air that stuff, especially repeatedly...He doesn't like to repeat himself, so if he thinks the issue has been addressed he usually wants to move on (from what I've gathered). Sexual issues? For Christ's sake, at the end of the 2006 SXSW interview he did everything but blurt out the name and hold up a picture of who he was sleeping with at the time!!! (Actually, it makes me a little uncomfortable to watch it even!:squiffy:) In fact, he's discussed his own sexuality publicly more than just about anybody I can think of. And I know people always say they would ask about song lyrics and their motivations, but if he believes in the personal discovery of the listener to come to their own conclusions about his art, of course he won't answer to those inquiries.

I watch a LOT of celebrity interviews (because I have no real life) and I can say I don't think I've ever seen or read a Morrissey interview that I felt was unenlightening because of him. I HAVE seen interviews with him where I thought 'Wow, that interviewer was horrible .' If he doesn't respect the interviewer he's not giving anything up (see 'Zane Lowe'). :lbf:

This has been a very interesting thread!

What makes me think it is that so many people keep saying it. People, like Di just now, often say that Morrissey never says anything in his interviews. I think he says a lot. We know a lot about him because of his interviews. Even the recent ones.

I guess people are just looking for things other than the things he's saying. It's true he doesn't tell us about who he's cuddling with, nor does he tell us the ins and outs of his daily struggles, but he's always given us a nice overview of his mental landscape.

The other pop stars I speak of are the fluffy ones who give interviews about their struggles with heroin and their thoughts on why war is bad, m'kayyy, but rarely say anything of real insight or let you into their souls... if they have one. Honestly, the only time I ever see that stuff is in doctors' offices when I'm forced to read People Magazine, so perhaps I'm full of crap.

:)

completely agreed. (bar the last 6 words)

Back
Top Bottom