Morrissey Interview?

girlonbike

Morrissey said that the reason he doesn't give too many interviews is because he always gets asked the same questions. Thought it would be fun to find out what questions you would like to ask him?

Re: Morrissey Interview

I'd ask if he likes The Simpsons or Ricky Gervais

you mean one over the other? because there's only one right answer to that question.

i'd ask him what kind of pants he buys, whether or not he likes horror movies and literature, and if he knows who that julia woman is.

You mean if he knows her background. I'm sure he knows who she is - he can hardly miss her. He also uses her website to announce things sometimes, doesn't he? Although that must be his PR people...

I want to know if it doesn't hurt him to give away all his nice shirts and see them ripped up. I would be gutted? But that's probably because I wish I could afford to buy my husband shirts like that!

You mean if he knows her background. I'm sure he knows who she is - he can hardly miss her. He also uses her website to announce things sometimes, doesn't he? Although that must be his PR people...

i was just being my normal facetious self. ignore me.

you mean one over the other? because there's only one right answer to that question.

i'd ask him what kind of pants he buys, whether or not he likes horror movies and literature, and if he knows who that julia woman is.

No, I'd ask him if he liked both, not which one he prefered.

I would ask him what is fun for him... What gives him a real feeling of having fun.

I'd ask him what, other than animal suffering, pulls on his heart-strings.

I'd ask him if any of his songs are painful enough to sing that he has to set his mind somewhere else as he sings them... And which songs. He'd never answer this one. Never.

I'd ask him how often his friends and family recognize themselves in his songs and if they're generally happy to be represented in his music or if they're usually upset about it.

He says he just drifts along wherever life takes him. I'd like to know if he's happy doing that or if he does that because his plans fell through. I'd also like to know if he plans to live that way forever.

I'd like to know how he feels about some of us (*cough*) getting his signature tattooed onto our bodies... If that appeals to his enjoyment of fame or if it disturbs him a little bit.

I'd ask him what, if anything, humbles him.

I'm curious to know if he thought out and planned for the unique relationship he has with us (the touching, eye contact, gestures, etc. that allow us to feel close to him compared to other artists and their follwers), or if it's just something that evolved... And if it did just evolve, is he still glad of it, and in need of it, or does he wish he'd put more boundaries in place early on?

I'd like to know if there are ever moments of sadness, loneliness, or self-loathing that have been soothed by reminding himself that he's MORRISSEY, the famous pop star! - Or if fame has ceased to thrill him or medicate his troubled mind.

I'd ask him to list three beautiful memories from his life, in no particular order.

I'd ask him if he says less in interviews than he used to because he can't trust himself not to say too much. When he was very young he was such an open book and people took advantage. I'm interested to know if he wishes he could go back in time and be less candid.

I'd like to know if his family still calls him Steven and if it annoys him as much as when non-family does it.

... I have tons more, but I'll stop now. :)

Wow, you obviously thought about it a lot! Why can't journalists ever come up with good questions like this and always ask the same things?

And you were lucky enough to see him in concert and meet him. I am still waiting to see him (for the first time) as the Birmingham Gig was postponed. But heh, I've waited 20 years now so a few months won't make a difference!

^Love many of these!

I think the best interviews are the ones like "Moz the Cat" where he goes into stories about ghosts and squirrels, or the too-few bits in "The Importance..." where he plays his favorite records, etc.

That's far more interesting than "Are the Smiths going to reform?" and "Are you racist?" :rolleyes: ad nauseum.

I'd love to hear him talk more about old music and films and movie stars and magazines and photography.
Also his impressions of Israel, Poland, Russia and other travels.

Completely non-confrontational stuff. Which is why I fail at journalism.

I would ask him if he would like to work with Rick Rubin for the next album.

I'd ask him how often his friends and family recognize themselves in his songs and if they're generally happy to be represented in his music or if they're usually upset about it.

... I have tons more, but I'll stop now. :)

ALL GOOD!!! I love it!

I've most wanted to ask him if he has ever worried, epecially early on - but now too - that something he's written might make his mother cry. It's one thing to expose yourself to strangers, and another animal completely to expose yourself to people who love and think they know you.

I don't think the rest of mine would be nearly as insightful as Scarlet's. A few I toss around in my head occassionally:

Do you ever ask your sister for advice?

Did you babysit your nephews when they were little?

Could I please have some of your sperm?

ALL GOOD!!! I love it!

I've most wanted to ask him if he has ever worried, epecially early on - but now too - that something he's written might make his mother cry. It's one thing to expose yourself to strangers, and another animal completely to expose yourself to people who love and think they know you.

Actually Morrissey said in an interview that his mother slapped him after discovering The Queen Is Dead.

I'd just ask him specific questions about the songs, about the recording process, some of the more opaque lyrics. These would lead to a more interesting, second round of questions. Morrissey's best answers are the ones where he's musing on a line of questioning that builds up from something. When journalists hit him with superficial questions he'll sit there and quip away. These answers serve the cause of comedy but rarely add any insight into him or his work.

Actually Morrissey said in an interview that his mother slapped him after discovering The Queen Is Dead.

I actually gasped when I just read that. :tears:

why not sent some of the questions to the true to you site?...since morrissey still is in contact with the site and utter his statements there..quite a lot in the last months actually
.Im sure the next round of the Q+A round will emerge soon....especially in the wake of doing less and lesser interviews ...

about the recording process, some of the more opaque lyrics
@ worm. what would be the specific Q you would ask him?....Im intrigued to know....

why not sent some of the questions to the true to you site?
since morrissey still is in contact with the site and utter his statements there..quite a lot in the last months actually
I'm sure the next round of the Q+A round will emerge soon.
especially in the wake of doing less and lesser interviews.

@ worm, what would be the specific Q you would ask him?
Im intrigued to know.

I bet it was Merck who encouraged Morrissey to do Q & A in TTY, since his departure we haven't seen any of it.

Morrissey said that the reason he doesn't give too many interviews is because he always gets asked the same questions. Thought it would be fun to find out what questions you would like to ask him?

Who's Julia?

Jukebox Jury

Back
Top Bottom