Morrissey interview (recorded Mar. 19) to be broadcast on Mexican radio station Reactor 105 Mar. 20

Re: Morrissey March 19th interview to be broadcast in Mexican radio station March 20t

9a286d6490d311e2a59b22000a9f3c66_7.jpg

http://instagram.com/p/XDXHTOOF_h/

isnt it criminal that he can get a record deal,when we have so much processed bands like f***ing one erection,ginger biscuit ed sheerin,girls aloud,the music industry of today makes me laugh and cringe,bands who cant write their own songs,no talent,yet britains most talented singer/songwriter ever cant get a record deal,confused.com
hope he takes a long rest and gets back to doing what he does best...playing live
morrissey.....scotland misses you,the world misses you : ))

Re: Article: Morrissey interview (recorded Mar. 19) to be broadcast on Mexican radio

isnt it criminal that he can get a record deal,when we have so much processed bands like f***ing one erection,ginger biscuit ed sheerin,girls aloud,the music industry of today makes me laugh and cringe,bands who cant write their own songs,no talent,yet britains most talented singer/songwriter ever cant get a record deal,confused.com
hope he takes a long rest and gets back to doing what he does best...playing live

It's a business. Nothing more. A sad fact widely known.

Unless Morrissey can take a leaf out of Radiohead's book and take complete control of his material from the first note sung in the studio until it is downloaded we'll likely never hear any of these alleged thirty six songs. Radiohead put up a website and you can pay a basic rate for a download or premium rates for a range of often beautifully put together physical copies from CD, to vinyl, to thumb drives and wax cylinders. The industry has moved on for good or ill, and Morrissey needs to move with it.

Re: Article: Morrissey interview (recorded Mar. 19) to be broadcast on Mexican radio

Poor Morrissey. He looks like he needs to be in bed with hot tea :( His voice was very soft - unlike recent years where it has been deep, almost "froggish" at times. This interview reminded me of how he used to sound back in the 90's. At any rate, you can hear in his voice - the man's been through it. June dates sound promising, though. I wonder if he meant that would include dates he had to cancel in the US? Time will tell. But, will that give him enough time to get well completely?

Hope he's getting some rest! ♥

It's simple, there popular. They know there going to make money.

It's simple, there popular. They know there going to make money.

Yes, "simple" is the word, and it's also the problem.

What say you, Morrissey?

That's one shameful, hypocritical and obscene organization you so willfully promote.

Will we hear about you condemning them or will you quietly just look away?

PETA killed more than 1,600 cats and dogs at its Virginia headquarters last year - almost 90% of the animals handed over to the charity's American shelter.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...animals-handed-charitys-American-shelter.html

an OK interview, already knew most of that about him :straightface:
except for that part where he thinks that there are a lot of people who think he is an "extrovert" :confused:
am wondering now who those people are? :crazy:

He was touring America without medical insurance???

With his immune system down I want to know who decided it was a great idea to go to a Sound Garden concert, soccer game, international flight to Mexico, and an Oscar party? Plus add more shows.

So he's only interested in working with a major label and no major labels are interested in working with him. So no new album coming anytime soon then huh?

except for that part where he thinks that there are a lot of people who think he is an "extrovert" :confused:

I thought that part was interesting. My favorite part of the whole interview was when he said "I am not a monster, not , not, not" I thought it was sweet the way he said it.:blushing: i felt that entire answer about being an extrovert was his way of answering all the recent media coverage that makes him look like a raving lunatic.

thats exactly what i was thinking, i thought that alot of people including my self thought he was a introvert. that left me confused, people saying that he sort of had sudden outburst occationally actually makes a person seem more introvert anyway, being quiet ect you could often end up letting in all out in a outburst.(not saying that those people saying he had some outburst was true).

Last edited:

thats exactly what i was thinking, i thought that alot of people including my self thought he was a introvert. that left me confused, people saying that he sort of had sudden outburst occationally actually makes a person seem more introvert anyway, being quiet ect you could often end up letting in all out in a outburst.(not saying that those people saying he had some outburst was true).

I think I see what you mean :) perhaps it comes down to people confusing being a "performer" with being extroverted :cool:
and while I cannot speak for Morrissey and never would :o
personally, I find that standing up in front of a class of people to be one thing I have learned how to do since its my job :straightface:
its completely another matter to go about talking to everybody willy nilly like the completely extroverted people I have known :rolleyes:
just makes me think that some of those people perhaps have no inner life :eek:

I thought that part was interesting. My favorite part of the whole interview was when he said "I am not a monster, not , not, not" I thought it was sweet the way he said it.:blushing: i felt that entire answer about being an extrovert was his way of answering all the recent media coverage that makes him look like a raving lunatic.

He hasn't claimed he as been misquoted since the NME debacle so any impression given that he might be a raving lunatic is entirely his own. He said those things, and given the strength of his convictions they aren't really left open to misinterpretation.

I thought the monster quote was quite sad, particularly the "not, not, not". It reminded me of the Eichmann trial for some reason.

Singing and dancing onstage in front of thousands is pretty much a definition of an extrovert, isn't it? He also claims be be a virtual recluse, but he goes out a damn sight more than I do. Mind you, I bought some South African apples today. Gazing at the label whilst in the queue it struck me that when fruit is better travelled than you are changes must be made.

My question for him would be: how is the passage of time going to make it more likely that a major label will sign him? If the old guard/ways are dying, they will only continue to do so. It's not as if there will suddenly be a resurgence in interest by big labels in signing acts like Morrissey that they perceive as being past their shelf life. Far easier to make money endlessly reissuing his old catalog, both Smiths and solo. The best he would probably do is a distribution deal, where he would essentially remain a peon in the suits' eyes. Be that as it may, he would likely sell in the vicinity of 50 - 100k and it would be one and done. Everybody without blinders on knows that the latest clutch of songs - however you feel about them - have low chart possibilities, which is not going to aid the cause.

If he want to remain a viable recording artist, action must become his first name: do it yourself, somehow, someway, or be left behind. We can mither about the unfairness of his position, "how can he not have a deal when -x- does," etc etc. - but that's the way it is. Sometimes the terms are just not meant to bend to him.

I think I see what you mean :) perhaps it comes down to people confusing being a "performer" with being extroverted :cool:
and while I cannot speak for Morrissey and never would :o
personally, I find that standing up in front of a class of people to be one thing I have learned how to do since its my job :straightface:
its completely another matter to go about talking to everybody willy nilly like the completely extroverted people I have known :rolleyes:
just makes me think that some of those people perhaps have no inner life :eek:
lol yea, but that would make introverted people have no outer life. if that was the case extraverts sounds better then atleast you don't have to be trapped inside your own head.

I've never actually read a interview with him and thought he sounded like he is shouting, i always saw it in that slow, gently way he mentioned not almost aggressive sounding. I never think of him appearing angry in the interviews just very opinionated.

My question for him would be: how is the passage of time going to make it more likely that a major label will sign him? If the old guard/ways are dying, they will only continue to do so. It's not as if there will suddenly be a resurgence in interest by big labels in signing acts like Morrissey that they perceive as being past their shelf life. Far easier to make money endlessly reissuing his old catalog, both Smiths and solo. The best he would probably do is a distribution deal, where he would essentially remain a peon in the suits' eyes. Be that as it may, he would likely sell in the vicinity of 50 - 100k and it would be one and done. Everybody without blinders on knows that the latest clutch of songs - however you feel about them - have low chart possibilities, which is not going to aid the cause.

If he want to remain a viable recording artist, action must become his first name: do it yourself, somehow, someway, or be left behind. We can mither about the unfairness of his position, "how can he not have a deal when -x- does," etc etc. - but that's the way it is. Sometimes the terms are just not meant to bend to him.

If he was touting an album of material of the quality of Vauxhall then I think someone would take a punt on him, but he simply doesn't seem to have those sort of tracks in his armoury at the moment.

When he was with RCA and Santuary, and even later with Decca perhaps, there was still a certain cachet for a label to have him on their roster. I wonder if that is true now, not least because of some of his recent bizarre statements. Is he more trouble than he is worth? What might he come out with next? All this adds to the commercial risk.

If he was touting an album of material of the quality of Vauxhall then I think someone would take a punt on him, but he simply doesn't seem to have those sort of tracks in his armoury at the moment.

When he was with RCA and Santuary, and even later with Decca perhaps, there was still a certain cachet for a label to have him on their roster. I wonder if that is true now, not least because of some of his recent bizarre statements. Is he more trouble than he is worth? What might he come out with next? All this adds to the commercial risk.

It is sad that Morrissey expects the big labels to come a knocking when a couple of issues exist: first, he has not made himself marketable with the ridiculous comments that he has made over recent years; second, regardless of what the "yes men" say here and elsewhere, his recent songs are just not very good. They are lackluster lyrically and the musical arrangements are just as bad. Something along the Vauxhall lines or Arsenal (even Viva Hate) would be such a welcome, fresh surprise.

The final straw is that he is clearly going to be coming back when he is healthy and regurgitating the recent sorry shows and setlists to make up for all of the money that he has lost as a result of his maladies. Spare me the droning that he is performing for us; he is doing it for one reason--and one reason alone: $$$$. I am not against this, but when he spins it to sound like he is some martyr out there singing his heart out for us, give me a break--especially when he is charging so much for tickets. If he were truly doing this for his fans, he would not gouge them.

I wonder if that is true now, not least because of some of his recent bizarre statements. Is he more trouble than he is worth? What might he come out with next? All this adds to the commercial risk.

It's embarrassing for the fans when he comes out with the bigoted, idiotic comments but I don't think it really adds to the commercial risk. The biggest risk, commercially, is him having nothing better to offer than People Are The Same Everywhere after 5 years of songwriting.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom