Morrissey interview + Polaroid photo in German Spiegel magazine

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2017 (read-only)' started by Anonymous, Nov 17, 2017.

By Anonymous on Nov 17, 2017 at 11:34 PM
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Ich bin für Klartext" - Spiegel Online

(Excerpt before paywall via Google Translate)

Morrissey's worldview "I'm for plain text"

"Morrissey praises the Brexit referendum, defends Kevin Spacey and calls Berlin a "rape capital" because of its open borders. seriously?"

Whether the Briton Steven Patrick Morrissey, 58, a musician just Morrissey calls, now Genius is or Schrat, self-actor or choleric poet, will probably never settle final. Certainly the man from Manchester, who became famous in the eighties as a singer of pop band The Smiths, is a great eccentric of pop. Whether concert or interview, he maintains the pose of the diva. The meeting took place on the occasion of his new album "Low in High School" in Los Angeles; It was arranged at very short notice and then postponed several times, domination gestures want to be maintained. After all, Morrissey is ready to talk. However, the photographer is referred by one of his managers rude of the room: "Get out of my hotel!" The Polaroid photo was taken by the interviewer.

An interview with Juliane Liebert

[​IMG]

SPIEGEL: Mr Morrissey, in your new song "Spent the Day in Bed", you recommend that you no longer see any news. A serious proposal?

Morrissey: Yes. People should stop doing so for their own sanity. You have to stop. The news is just social engineering, and it's about control, not information. There are no more messages. Only control.

SPIEGEL: That sounds like Trump's fake news, but you just spoke out against Trump at a concert.

Morrissey: Trump has received so much attention, especially when compared to other candidates - Bernie Sanders, for example. Although the media said he will not win, every day, all the headlines: Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump! The American media helped Trump, yes, they first created it. Whether they criticize him or laugh at him, he does not care, he just wants to see his picture and his name. The American media have shot themselves in the leg. Since he was in power, he has exhausted the world. He grabs after everything like a little child. He is not a leader. He is a vermin. A huge vermin.

SPIEGEL: Do you think that he will be re-elected?

Full transcript (Google Translate to English), original German text posted by Cornflakes

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    1. MiserableLie95
      MiserableLie95
      He is so out of touch with reality. What the hell happened
      • Like Like x 4
      • Troll Troll x 1
    2. smiler
      smiler
      why don't you google properly?

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/9934/germany-rape-january
      https://www.marketwatch.com/story/g...mitted-by-migrants-statistics-show-2017-04-25
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/25/migrant-crime-germany-rises-50-per-cent-new-figures-show/
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ences-including-sex-assaults-murder-rise.html
      Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
      • Funny x 2
      • Dislike x 1
      • Insightful x 1
      • Informative x 1
      • Interesting x 1
      • Troll x 1
    3. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      He sidestepped the question regarding the USA being a society composed of many cultures, etc.

Wouldn’t want to offend his massive Latino fan base. They buy a lot of albums and tickets.
      • Interesting Interesting x 2
    4. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Wow! Just when I thought that I couldn't fall any more out of love with the man, he opens his mouth again and boom! Instant pool-dick. The sheep will keep making excuses for him though. Not me, the guy has lost his mind completely. He should fuck off from music and start working for Breitbart.
    5. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      "The Gatestone Institute is a right-wing think tank that publishes articles, particularly pertaining to Islam and the Middle East. The organization has attracted attention for publishing false articles."

Google properly?
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    6. Anonymous
      Anonymous

Interesting that he would do an in person interview, it's been years. Also, "if I can't tell a person I like HIM". Finally, letting is slip that he is into men. It is way,.way past his time to have a home and a partner.
    7. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I agree. It felt like he kept switching between talking about spacey and the situation at large. When regarding the situation at large I can maybe see what he’s getting at but in regards to the spacey situation regarding he 14yo then he’s getting creepy and just in the wrong. The Berlin comments were also weird. No matter how you slice how he feels about different cultures he cleary seems to feel that one culture that came in had a bunch of rapists in it
      • Insightful Insightful x 3
    8. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      That's exactly what I was about to say! Even if their supposed list of sexual assaults has some validity, it means nothing as they aren't comparing it with the full amount of sexual assaults perpetrated by white men. Just dubious descriptions of "dark skinned" people. What a load of nonsense.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
    9. dallow_bg
      dallow_bg
      Yikes..... seriously, yikes.
      Normally I can somewhat hand wave (much to my chagrin) some his silly musings, but the whole victim blaming thing here is absolutely shameful.
      • Like Like x 5
      • Insightful Insightful x 2
    10. Anonymous
      • Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    11. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Well, when he calls them that because they literally torture the animals they eat to death, because they think the pain and fear they encounter actually releases hormones into their systems which causes the meat to taste better.

I've seen chinese videos where they boil living dogs to death in giant woks and beat them with sticks if they try to escape.

I've also seen chinese videos where they beat cowering dogs to death with baseball bats in chinese slaughterhouses.

I've also seen chinese videos where people accidentally run over pedestrians, and go back and run over them again and again until they are dead, because there is a chinese law thats says if you injure someone you must pay for their care for the rest of your life, but if you accidental kill someone you pay a one time fee and have some jail time.

SO YES. Morrissey is 100% correct in calling them a sub-species.
      • Like Like x 3
      • Troll Troll x 2
    12. Shyness 1s nice
      Shyness 1s nice
      Morrissey - The greatest troll to have ever lived.

[​IMG]
      • Dislike Dislike x 2
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
    13. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      • Insightful Insightful x 2
    14. countthree
      countthree
      It's a very good interview. I find his sayings very reasonable and sensible. Except the part where he somehow intends to exculpate Kevin Spacey blaming the parents of the abused child. It doesn't work that way. If you are an adult you are not supposed to take advantage of bad parents to abuse of their child. You are a criminal and deserve to be in jail if you do that. Sex with minors, especially an attempted rape, is a big NO. It doesn't matter if you are gay or not. I need to believe Morrissey is not defending Spacey thinking he is "one of our own", because he is not. He is one of the sexual predators, no matter what kind of personal history made him that way. He already is there.

I'm glad he explained why he doesn't agree with EU, it's something a lot of people think about but nobody dares to say it so clearly in public. It's pretty obvious we all like and respect Germany in so many ways, I have a little German ancestry and all Germans I know are decent and honourable working people, smart and very kind. Except Merkel and company, but we all know where (or who) she comes from. Anyway, German imperial dreams have been a nightmare for the rest of Europe, and the same German people have been part of the victims of those dreams turned nightmares, just like it's beginning to happen now. Again.
      • Like Like x 3
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    15. scumbag
      scumbag
      Visitors of Wyngarde-solo.com Alarmed to Learn Singer Does Not Hold Exactly Their Views

This evening wyngarde-solo.com has been ablaze with comments from both regulars and anonymous visitors. Many of them are upset that a pop singer does not hold the same views that they do. LeedsLad, a regular, insists that the singer is racist because of a comment the singer did not make, yet was nonetheless published in Netherlands Monthly Entertainment. Others, like Flakefluster, have continued making the same assertions as usual while modifying the contents of an interview published in a language they don't understand to match their beliefs that everyone who doesn't believe that everything is alright could not possibly be fully alright themselves. MaidenAuntFatty, another regular, insists that Wyngarde is attempting to implant programs designed by the NSA into their prefrontal cortex so that they will, despite loathing Wyngarde, continue to visit the primary website dedicated to the singer while eating pork rinds.

Updates as they unfold!
      • Funny Funny x 3
      • Like Like x 2
    16. Shyness 1s nice
      Shyness 1s nice
      Did you not read this in 2013? - I’d hang on to sterling, yet withdraw from the Europe Fan Club, and I’d plough the wasteful cost of being euro back into the NHS; I’d stop foreign aid because we’ve been nice enough in that department, and I’d allow the British people to hold on to their own money.”

https://www.newstatesman.com/culture/2013/01/morrissey-i-nearly-voted-ukip
    17. smiler
      smiler
      My point was that there is more than "donkey rape" in that google search. I'm not vouching for the validity of each article (That could go on for ever and ever #fakenews) I'm just illustrating the debate. Which news sites are "valid" then in your view?
      • Like Like x 1
    18. countthree
      countthree
      Those are Morrissey's views. They are very reasonable. Do you agree?
    19. Shyness 1s nice
      Shyness 1s nice
      Of course I do... I am a Brexiteer!

Which is why I bang my head against the wall when I hear ignorant knowledge of Brexit from some people. The same applies to Nigel Farage and UKIP.
    20. unloveable
      unloveable
      Close the door when you leave please
      • Like Like x 3
      • Redundant Redundant x 1