"Ich bin für Klartext" - Spiegel Online
(Excerpt before paywall via Google Translate)
Morrissey's worldview "I'm for plain text"
"Morrissey praises the Brexit referendum, defends Kevin Spacey and calls Berlin a "rape capital" because of its open borders. seriously?"
Whether the Briton Steven Patrick Morrissey, 58, a musician just Morrissey calls, now Genius is or Schrat, self-actor or choleric poet, will probably never settle final. Certainly the man from Manchester, who became famous in the eighties as a singer of pop band The Smiths, is a great eccentric of pop. Whether concert or interview, he maintains the pose of the diva. The meeting took place on the occasion of his new album "Low in High School" in Los Angeles; It was arranged at very short notice and then postponed several times, domination gestures want to be maintained. After all, Morrissey is ready to talk. However, the photographer is referred by one of his managers rude of the room: "Get out of my hotel!" The Polaroid photo was taken by the interviewer.
An interview with Juliane Liebert
SPIEGEL: Mr Morrissey, in your new song "Spent the Day in Bed", you recommend that you no longer see any news. A serious proposal?
Morrissey: Yes. People should stop doing so for their own sanity. You have to stop. The news is just social engineering, and it's about control, not information. There are no more messages. Only control.
SPIEGEL: That sounds like Trump's fake news, but you just spoke out against Trump at a concert.
Morrissey: Trump has received so much attention, especially when compared to other candidates - Bernie Sanders, for example. Although the media said he will not win, every day, all the headlines: Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump! The American media helped Trump, yes, they first created it. Whether they criticize him or laugh at him, he does not care, he just wants to see his picture and his name. The American media have shot themselves in the leg. Since he was in power, he has exhausted the world. He grabs after everything like a little child. He is not a leader. He is a vermin. A huge vermin.
SPIEGEL: Do you think that he will be re-elected?
Full transcript (Google Translate to English), original German text posted by Cornflakes
- Morrissey Defends Kevin Spacey, Calls the Accusations Against Him ‘Ridiculous’ - IndieWire. Link posted by No1uno.
- Morrissey Defends Kevin Spacey And Harvey Weinstein, Saying Victims Should’ve Known What Could Happen - Stereogum. Link posted by an anonymous person.
- Morrissey had some dumb shit to say in defense of Kevin Spacey and Harvey Weinstein - Consequence of Sound. Link posted by Famous when dead.
- Morrissey Appears To Victim Blame Those Allegedly Sexually Abused By Kevin Spacey And Harvey Weinstein - UPROXX. Link posted by Famous when dead.
- Morrissey calls Kevin Spacey claims 'not credible' in latest attempt to say something controversial - International Business Times. Link posted by Brummieboy.
- Morrissey comments on Hollywood sexual abuse scandal, says some victims are 'just disappointed' - The Independent. Link posted by an anonymous person.
- Shirley Manson (Garbage) Attacks Morrissey For Defending K.Spacey & H.Weinstein - Alternative Nation - Nov. 19, 2017
- Morrissey defends Kevin Spacey and Harvey Weinstein - BBC News. Link posted by Famous when dead (original post). Excerpt:
The BBC contacted Morrissey's representatives for a response to Der Spiegel's report, but were informed he would not be making any further comments.
- UK politician Leanne Wood weighs in Morrissey position over Spacey accusations - Nov. 20, 2017
- Morrissey's fans are not happy about his Kevin Spacey comments - mic.com - Nov. 21, 2017
- Morrissey says Der Spiegel last print interview he will do; suggests words weren't said - Nov. 26, 2017
- Morrissey: I'd Kill Donald Trump for the 'Safety of Humanity' - Breitbart, NME, Washington Times - Nov. 27, 2017
- Juliane Liebert (Der Spiegel interviewer): "The recording [of the interview] is available" - Nov. 28, 2017
- Morrissey statement: "The Slander System" (via FB Morrissey Official) - Dec. 11, 2017