Morrissey interview on cooperativa.cl (Chile)

An anonymous person posted the link:

Entrevista a Morrissey: “La mayor parte se medica hoy pero la gente no es más feliz” - Cooperativa.cl (Spanish)
El inglés conversó con Cooperativa, previo a sus shows en Chile.
Fustigó a sus críticos, aseguró que su salud está muy bien y negó la chance de editar un nuevo álbum en el futuro inmediato.
Publicado: 14:25 | Autor: Yanina Sepúlveda / Cooperativa.cl

Google Translate to English

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
god, I hate google translate. Forget it. Anyone kind enough out there WHO CAN please by all means.. translate. :straightface: thank you in advance.

& I don't mean you Benny/anon's.

Last edited:
Ok, so he really isn't going to tour if he has not a new album? Even though he has toured without a new album from 2010 to 2014? And he won't miss singing on stage or miss his fans
Oh ok Morrissey.

add anemia to his list of ills.
depression
pneumonia
cancer
ulcers
and feverish spells.

wow. very bad for your health, spending inordinate time in luxurious five star hotels.

i have to throw suspicion on the anemia tho. he looks like he hasnt missed a meal in quite some time. he adds that he spent several days weeping and crying on the floor from digesting that now infamous pasta and tomato platter.
odd that nobody else in the restaurant was affected. maybe nobody else in the restaurant had a tour they wanted to cancel. just a theory.

also says that the poor reviews of the book were personal attacks on him disguised as a literary device. lol

what else? suicide is a cool option if you suffer from depression. we knew that.

hes asked about the misogyny apparent in the book and he refuses to answer such an impertinent question.

says he has a solid base in turkey, indonesia, australia and israel that he doesnt need the uk. his songs are played on the radio in these countries while they wont play them in the uk..... i have to say that i am highly suspicious that they play his huma inspired music in israel turkey and indonesia. maybe moz was hitting the sauce a little when he typed this.

depression
pneumonia
cancer
ulcers
and feverish spells.

wow. very bad for your health, spending inordinate time in luxurious five star hotels.

i have to throw suspicion on the anemia tho. he looks like he hasnt missed a meal in quite some time. he adds that he spent several days weeping and crying on the floor from digesting that now infamous pasta and tomato platter.
odd that nobody else in the restaurant was affected. maybe nobody else in the restaurant had a tour they wanted to cancel. just a theory.

also says that the poor reviews of the book were personal attacks on him disguised as a literary device. lol

what else? suicide is a cool option if you suffer from depression. we knew that.

hes asked about the misogyny apparent in the book and he refuses to answer such an impertinent question.

says he has a solid base in turkey, indonesia, australia and israel that he doesnt need the uk. his songs are played on the radio in these countries while they wont play them in the uk..... i have to say that i am highly suspicious that they play his huma inspired music in israel turkey and indonesia. maybe moz was hitting the sauce a little when he typed this.

really need a good translation of this interview before we go making assumptions of what he might of said. But thank you for guessing... and highlighting a few passages... putting an upbeat and positive spin on it. Otherwise we would never have known.

On his health: "I feel great. I have no major problems at all. Well, some people would argue that point ... (joke)"

On depression/suicide: "You reach the point where it is more painful to stay alive. There is a depression that will never improve. It will never stop. You never feel you are where you belong and people are always going to dislike you because you're not as happy as they are."

Does it make your depression more bearable to know that you are categorized as a major influence by many artists? Do you care about this recognition?

"Of course I care. I become ridiculously emotional every time I hear of some support, because without that you spent each day inventing your own confidence. Which is difficult if you are me."

He probably read every single review of LOTL but one review he read for sure (you can guess which one). I find that alarming. Here you go: "If you ask the public not to buy a book, you are giving that book a level of attention, which you claim it should not have."

On digital music: "I see music as a piece of art and it should be purchased as a piece of art. You can love a physical disc with all its classic photograph, pages with letters and details. But you can't love a digital download."

Not sure why each article has almost the exact same questions. I wish he would stop saying he will give up touring in he has no new material it is hurting my ears. I have only seen him in concert a few times and really enjoyed it. Love you Morrissey and if you can be bothered please sing Sweetie Pie in LA NYE but you don't have to dedicate it to me though.

On his health: "I feel great. I have no major problems at all. Well, some people would argue that point ... (joke)"

On depression/suicide: "You reach the point where it is more painful to stay alive. There is a depression that will never improve. It will never stop. You never feel you are where you belong and people are always going to dislike you because you're not as happy as they are."

Does it make your depression more bearable to know that you are categorized as a major influence by many artists? Do you care about this recognition?

"Of course I care. I become ridiculously emotional every time I hear of some support, because without that you spent each day inventing your own confidence. Which is difficult if you are me."

He probably read every single review of LOTL but one review he read for sure (you can guess which one). I find that alarming. Here you go: "If you ask the public not to buy a book, you are giving that book a level of attention, which you claim it should not have."

On digital music: "I see music as a piece of art and it should be purchased as a piece of art. You can love a physical disc with all its classic photograph, pages with letters and details. But you can't love a digital download."

thanks, now we're getting closer. It pains me to hear anyone in pain. One you care about even in this distant/abstract way. Life is short,and there are only a few on this planet with such a sensitivity and genius to express and give the way he does.

' OF COURSE I CARE. I BECOME EMOTIONAL EVERY TIME I HEAR OF SOME SUPPORT.....'

"Not sure why each article has almost the exact same question".

I'd love to know if he answers every question that the relevant publication forwards to him. They really should say so before listing the Q & A's. If he doesn't like certain subjects raised, maybe this is why the same subjects are talked about.

To be fair, he does address the critical reception to List of ...

I'd love to know if he answers every question that the relevant publication forwards to him. They really should say so before listing the Q & A's. If he doesn't like certain subjects raised, maybe this is why the same subjects are talked about.

Maybe so, I am curious though what music he is listening to , books he is reading , or art he likes. He rarely gets asked these things.

'people are going to dislike you because you re not as happy as they are' what utter bollocks. people are going to dislike you because of the bollocks that sprouts from your mouth.

Maybe so, I am curious though what music he is listening to , books he is reading , or art he likes. He rarely gets asked these things.

Agree. Always the same questions. I am surprised he wasn't ask if there will be The Smiths reunion. I am not a journalist, but I would have a plethora of questions that have never been raised. These journalists are damn lazy, don't do their research.

'people are going to dislike you because you re not as happy as they are' what utter bollocks. people are going to dislike you because of the bollocks that sprouts from your mouth.

both are TRUE. It sounds like you experienced the latter.:)

depression
pneumonia
cancer
ulcers
and feverish spells.

I am struggling with anemia and depression as well. I am a vegetarian and most of us are anemic. Iron coming from plant sources is very difficult to absorb by one's body. As for my depression, the right pills can do wonders. I was brought up in Communist Eastern block in the 70's and back then corporal punishment at schools was was a common practice. I know depression and anxiety is linked to things that happen to us in childhood. I understand why he is struggling as well, knowing how deeply affected he was as a child attending Manchester school system which he mentions often in his interviews. For the longest time I didn't want to have children, not wanting them to have the same childhood as me. I am glad I changed my mind. The love you have for your children is on a completely different level. It sounds like a cliche, but it's true, and unless you are a parent yourself, you won't understand. Perhaps when he was flirting with the idea of having children, he should have follow through. He would have been an excellent father and spoil his child with love. Perhaps it would have given him more fulfillment, purpose, whatever you want to call it. The things he is missing in his life.

likely moz sends a list of pre approved questions. during the larry king int he discarded those he has no answer for.

likely moz sends a list of pre approved questions. during the larry king int he discarded those he has no answer for.

wise, no? .. if this is true. I mean you start your post with 'likely moz sends...'

so do you have some inside information?...or just (for some reason your own) assume he
pre approves the questions?(which wouldn't make it true). Just wondering.

Last edited:
Q: What did you call your dog when it got mange?
A: Bald Spot

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom