Morrissey interview in Walla (Israel) - health update; new album written, looking for distribution

Newish, but not surprising.

Morrissey issues health update following cancer treatment - NME.com
Former Smiths frontman also confirms that next album is 'written'

Post by mcrickson:

Great news from the linked Walla (Israel) interview (Google translation to English):

"The new album is already written - but I need to find a distribution contract. It is impossible to find a record deal, so we're going to record the album ourselves once we find someone who could disseminate it and make it accessible worldwide."

Original Walla interview article (Hebrew)

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally Morrissey is embracing the DIY movement. Surely Joe Chiccarelli would be interested in producing the album seeing as though he did such a great job on WPINOYB.

when mozzer makes comments about his sickness aging him, i have this tiny suspicion that' he's trying to apologize for aging. which would be silly if he were. of course he's going to be aging, hes 57. i get that aging is hard and we're often our own worst enemies, but he's aging wonderfully and hes accomplished so much, he doesnt need to make excuses.

of course he could mean that he feels aged mentally by it. because it must do something to your perspective to have to always remain vigilant against something threatening to harm you, to have your body go from being your own to being a medical specimen. not to mention hospitals are depressing places in general. full of old ladies who smell like used dishcloths. not the kind of place that nurtures feelings of being young and carefree.

If we are lucky, we all are going to be aging, since it's imposible to be young forever. I think it's good to embrace each stage of life and Morrissey, as you said, is doing it wonderfully and with charm, without trying to disguise his real age or falling in rock star clichés. Besides, he always will have his good-lookingness and charisma, and his lovely voice is better than ever.
His disease is diagnosed and under treatment. Medical controls are tiresome, but he has such an interesting life that I'm sure it compensates the boredom of hospitals. I'm very happy he is eating gluten-free.
We all are waiting his new album, even BB and the rest of the haters. Maybe he'll release a new song in Manchester or Moz Angeles. That would be nice.

My point was that Morrissey isn't wrong about the media smearing Brexit supporters and then you just jump to calling me a racist, which is proving my point. Wether or not Farage is a racist wasn't the point i was making.

As I said before, you don't even know what point you're trying t0 make.

1. Yet YOU decide to talk about it again although there are other things in the interview you could focus on. You are obsessed with this topic. 2. So you are simple minded then?

Sure there are other things to talk about. Just like you could pick anything to talk about. But you don't. Just like you always do.

I believe him when he says that his accelerated aging is due to the cancer diagnosis. Cancer, like other autoimmune diseases, is a degenerating process which destroys healthy cells in the body. I saw it in someone close to me who died of autoimmune disease. At the time of that person's death she looked unrecognizably older.

Finally Morrissey is embracing the DIY movement. Surely Joe Chiccarelli would be interested in producing the album seeing as though he did such a great job on WPINOYB.

I agree and hope he returns

Hi 12'' on the slack,

Yeah, that introduction made me cringe too. :( I did ask a family friend who was born and raised in Israel for her take, and she said that Walla! is regarded as mostly a tabloid that is known for big, bombastic headlines. The respected Israeli media has even called out "internet portals" -such as Walla-for their journalistic practices.So even though the interviewer did email with Moz... it would seem the journo added their own melodramatic spin to the opening lines.

From the Jerusalem Post last year:
"Most Israeli web portals, considered by many to be mainstream media outlets, are in fact equivalent to the sleaziest tabloids abroad. Not only do they address the lowest common denominator with trashy content, but their treatment of news is unprofessional and manipulative.

A fundamental flaw is copying from tabloids and other foreign media sources without proper verification, and sloppy translation, which explains this week’s report by Walla about a French aircraft carrier arriving at Charles de Gaulle airport."

Anyway, just something to consider.

Well, he was happy to let this tabloid rag interview him. Maybe he should be a bit more selective when it comes to who gets to interview him (then again, maybe nobody else is interested / can be bothered interviewing him)?

I agree with those who say he has a right to privacy. But if he wants privacy, he should be consistent and battle his illness in private and with dignity, like Bowie did. He doesn't do that though. He is happy to let journalists drop these hints that he is dying from cancer … (which he obviously isn't).

Of all the unlikeable things he has said and done, this is the one that irks me the most. It's such a slap in the faces of people with actual terminal cancer.

Last edited:
Well, he was happy to let this tabloid rag interview him. Maybe he should be a bit more selective when it comes to who gets to interview him (then again, maybe nobody else is interested / can be bothered interviewing him)?

I agree with those who say he has a right to privacy. But if he wants privacy, he should be consistent and battle his illness in private and with dignity, like Bowie did. He doesn't do that though. He is happy to let journalists drop these hints that he is dying from cancer … (which he obviously isn't).

Of all the unlikeable things he has said and done, this is the one that irks me the most. It's such a slap in the faces of people with actual terminal cancer.
Morrissey talking about his illness is a slight on people with terminal cancer? I've heard everything now. Well go on, tell them all. I'm sure they're going to be really interested. Give it a rest.

Last edited:
Marred have you got a reading comprehension problem?

Just for you, it's not him talking about his illness that is the problem, it's that he doesn't seem to mind hints, rumours and insinuations that he is dying from the illness.

And don't tell me to give it a rest, bitch. It's obvious from my posting history that I'm not a hater who's just out to bash him.

You are very welcome to explain why you think it's fine to have us believe that he is dying.

There is nothing wrong whatsoever in someone publically sharing there illnes worries and concerns ect with others if thats what they want 2 do, in fact its a good thing 2 share ones experiences ect in order 2 help others with the same illness and or problem and offer them hope, support and understanding ect due 2 going through the same thing.

No one needs suffer alone and in silence !

Help and support will always be offered and given, if that is what you want!

Morrissey has no control over roumers and speculation ect

I dont care about speculation, all I care about is that morrissey is well and happy, as im sure most of us do !

Last edited:
Marred have you got a reading comprehension problem?

Just for you, it's not him talking about his illness that is the problem, it's that he doesn't seem to mind hints, rumours and insinuations that he is dying from the illness.

And don't tell me to give it a rest, bitch. It's obvious from my posting history that I'm not a hater who's just out to bash him.

You are very welcome to explain why you think it's fine to have us believe that he is dying.

Marred is one of the thickest posters here. He displays it over and over again, it's very funny. He buries his head in the sand whenever confronted with his own idiocy. He beautifully encapsulates everything you'd expect from a Mozbot.

Morrissey is VILE. There is so much evidence to support this.

Marred is one of the thickest posters here. He displays it over and over again, it's very funny. He buries his head in the sand whenever confronted with his own idiocy. He beautifully encapsulates everything you'd expect from a Mozbot.

Morrissey is VILE. There is so much evidence to support this.

Actually Marred is one of the most creative !
Ive seen sum of his wonderful graphic art work ! hes posted enough !!!! :)

Tbevie is still one of the very best however!!! :)

Last edited:
Actually Marred is one of the most creative !
Ive seen sum of his wonderful graphic art work ! hes posted enough !!!! :)

Tbevie is still one of the very best however!!! :)
Well, you win the prize for the solo's worst speller.:trophy: Ect?

There is nothing wrong whatsoever in someone publically sharing there illnes worries and concerns ect with others if thats what they want 2 do, in fact its a good thing 2 share ones experiences ect in order 2 help others with the same illness and or problem and offer them hope, support and understanding ect due 2 going through the same thing.

No one needs suffer alone and in silence !

Help and support will always be offered and given, if that is what you want!

Morrissey has no control over roumers and speculation ect

I dont care about speculation, all I care about is that morrissey is well and happy, as im sure most of us do !

So true. Beautiful words, Midnite. My heart is with Morrissey. I'm throwing my arms around him. I'm sure people's love helps him a lot to go through these difficult times <3 <3 <3

If this is true then I'm sure we all welcome a new album with open arms and ears. If it's as good as World Peace I'll be very happy.

Back
Top Bottom