Morrissey interview in Walla (Israel) - health update; new album written, looking for distribution

Newish, but not surprising.

Morrissey issues health update following cancer treatment - NME.com
Former Smiths frontman also confirms that next album is 'written'

Post by mcrickson:

Great news from the linked Walla (Israel) interview (Google translation to English):

"The new album is already written - but I need to find a distribution contract. It is impossible to find a record deal, so we're going to record the album ourselves once we find someone who could disseminate it and make it accessible worldwide."

Original Walla interview article (Hebrew)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh we're happy to talk about Bowie and Brexit now L O L :rofl:
"I'm not going to interfere with politics" ! He never has done in his entire career, he only ever comes out with shit for publicity stunts.
:eek: The lap dancer is back on the table and cool :sunglasses: again I note :rolleyes:.
Good to see #cheesegate get a mention, ( many people put lots of effort into exposing that one so I'll raise a glass to them tonight, you know who you are :thumb::clap: Cheers, chin, chin !
Royal family ? Never been as popular ! Talking through his starfish as usual.
New album ? Let's be having some teasers at the homecoming then shall we ! Please tell me the Lawnmowers had nothing to with it.

Total CrankFraud charlatan.

BtBB:greatbritain::knife:

Yes. Sorry....you said it better than I.

No need to apologize.

Morrissey keeps his exact medical condition vague, but he has a right to his privacy.

I hope things are not worse than he lets on.

If this is true, how come no new songs are being played on these new dates?

Why not cut an album and sell it at the shows (as well) so many more people will buy it there, versus trying to make them find it at a store.

They still could be but he also just might be holding them until it's closer to actual release time. Him playing the songs live will get some press so better to save it for when it'll be promoting something. I don't know about selling g at shows. I never want to wait in that merch linend don't really know the numbers that actually sell. I usually just order physical copies as stores have all but disappeared here

That is what it says, according to my coworker who reads Hebrew (a nurse). But also according to my coworker, "If it were metastatic and not Barrett's esophagus, he wouldn't be touring"

Well, yes exactly.

So ... even if it's only the reporter babbling, doesn't the interviewee / management have any control over what gets printed?

This is all very strange.

I really hope it's not metastatic and wish him health and happiness.

I also hope that, if it isn't metastatic, he vehemently denies it. Being dishonest about / exaggerating cancer isn't a good look.

Well, yes exactly.

So ... even if it's only the reporter babbling, doesn't the interviewee / management have any control over what gets printed?

This is all very strange.

I really hope it's not metastatic and wish him health and happiness.

I also hope that, if it isn't metastatic, he vehemently denies it. Being dishonest about / exaggerating cancer isn't a good look.

The question is: Does a simple treatment of Barrett's esophagus warrant the description "slowed me down considerably" and "accelerating the aging process in a way"? Does anybody have the condition?

http://www.nme.com/news/nme/95687

Moz upping his Farage credentials.

"I think [cancer treatment] has slowed me down considerably because doctors and hospitals and medications are actually very aging in their way, and they can often exhaust you more than whatever medical problem you have," he said. "If I'm asked to give any more blood I think I'll crack up."

I know what he is talking about...

Thanks for proving my point.
You don't even know what your point is. Do tell us, all the way from Texas, your perception of Farage. As. I. Said. It's been covered elsewhere here over the last day. Farage is a racist. An awful lot of people who vote for him are racist. Morrissey likes him. That's disturbing, from a man who donated money to an anti racist charity. Some simple minded people might think that Morrissey's racist. Appalling slurs.

1. It's been covered elsewhere here over the last day. 2. Some simple minded people might think that Morrissey's racist. Appalling slurs.

1. Yet YOU decide to talk about it again although there are other things in the interview you could focus on. You are obsessed with this topic. 2. So you are simple minded then?

You don't even know what your point is. Do tell us, all the way from Texas, your perception of Farage. As. I. Said. It's been covered elsewhere here over the last day. Farage is a racist. An awful lot of people who vote for him are racist. Morrissey likes him. That's disturbing, from a man who donated money to an anti racist charity. Some simple minded people might think that Morrissey's racist. Appalling slurs.
My point was that Morrissey isn't wrong about the media smearing Brexit supporters and then you just jump to calling me a racist, which is proving my point. Wether or not Farage is a racist wasn't the point i was making.

The stuff about cancerous metastases in the esophagus that Morrissey has been carrying around for a few years and that he won't be around for a lot longer for his fans, is not anything Morrissey says, it's just the reporter babbling on, mentioning Bowie's passing, etc.

The only answer Morrissey actually gives in this regard, and is also not in the original English wording, is:
"It's been two years since you revealed you were diagnosed with cancer of the esophagus, as any good Jewish person, I have to first off ask - how's your health?
I think the Cancer slowed me down considerably, because the combination of doctors and medicines is accelerating the aging process in a way. These things wear you down more than the medical problem itself.
I think that if I'm asked to do another blood test I'll explode."

So there really is nothing new here in regards to his medical state.
Nothing new at all, 'The Emperors New Clothes' yet again. Yuck.

Oh joy, more Jesse Tobias compositions coming our way.

(said no one ever).

http://www.nme.com/news/nme/95687

Moz upping his Farage credentials.

And note the Trump of Pop is fighting the crooked media too! :drama:
The very guy who robs the photographers that are silly enough to want to photograph him of any kind of right! EEK That would manage to confuse even a minionmozbot!!! (...nah they look the same.)

Now we know how he voted, at least he won't come here again to record his crappy tunes; well that'd be working in a European country, even Nigel would say that'd be taking the piss too far, and Nigel knows a thing or two about that.. Good news at last. :thumb:

Seeing how Morcula feels the need to defend himself as soon as milk is mentioned, it's as if BtBB is in his room, pelting him with garlic. :rofl:I'm not a Vegan yet but B is a sort of hero, I've never seen M be so stressed and troubled by anything. Look at him cowering everytime someone says cheese! That must be karma for swindling photographers. Hilarious. Well done.
Everytime I won't eat dairy products, I'll think of all your hard debunking.

My point was that Morrissey isn't wrong about the media smearing Brexit supporters and then you just jump to calling me a racist, which is proving my point. Wether or not Farage is a racist wasn't the point i was making.

Totally agree. Brexit voters were bullied by Remain voters and citizens from other EU countries.

Hope EU doesn't turn into fascism 2.0, but it's not far from there. There's a line that never should be crossed. Democracy NEVER is perfect, but it's the best known system. Respect, tolerance and knowing how to accept defeat is democracy.

Last edited:
At last, a half decent Morrissey interview. First one in ages.
Good to hear his rationale for singing in dodgy countries - singing to the citizens not sitting down with the foreign minister.
A nice (if not exactly profound) observation on the hellishness of 2016 - 'the whole world is experiencing a nervous breakdown'.
The new album is written - don't know what this means exactly. 20 songs demo'd? 12 songs selected?
Looking for distribution rather than recording contract - guessing this is what the likes of Noel Gallagher and Paul Weller do?
Interesting that he's recently been in touch with Patti Smith...

know how to accept defeat is democracy.

Some of us bullies have been trying to teach Morrissey some democracy for a while. All he's learnt so far is damoncracy...
Something may have been lost in translation. :rofl:

Interesting that he's recently been in touch with Patti Smith...

He is constantly in touch with Patti, at least according to him. First I didn't believe it but she was quite sweet backstage in 2013 when she supported Moz and she mentions him from time to time. Somehow she does seem to like him.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom