Morrissey interview in Vogue Turkey focused on gender roles, sex and love

Interview by Zülâl Kalkandelen of Vegan Logic for Vogue Turkey:

MORRISSEY: "YOUR REAL HOME IS YOUR BODY – NOT YOUR HOUSE OR YOUR APARTMENT!" - Vegan Logic

It is a pleasure for me to interview the one and only Morrissey for the third time. This time, I conducted this interview for Vogue Turkey for a piece focusing on Morrissey and gender roles, sex and love. Here are his fantastic answers! (If you are interested, my second interview with Moz: My second interview with Moz; and the first one.)
Zülâl Kalkandelen

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: New Morrissey interview in Vogue Turkey focused on gender roles, sex and love

I feel like I'm living in an alternate universe reading these comments. My interpretation of and reaction to his words is so totally different.

But hey…two marriages, a mortgage, and a whole lot of body shame—what the hell do I know.

I am a very rational person. I feel as though sometimes the crux of my arguments get lost as I fight two battles here, the first getting my point across, and second slipping zingers to the various trolls who relentlessly tease me. And then I have mind babies which are ideas outside the box I explore using modern media as reference points as opposed to dusty old tomes. Having said that, if there's a point where you're reading and it gets all non-sequitur, I am likely talking to the trolls. Realitybites is one of them. She is a horrible human being and I won't go into why bc I don't like gossiping or telling people what to think but she's a power leach disguised as an inquisitive educated woman. So that's what you read. So sorry for any confusion. It's a good barometer to read your confusion so I can focus on using my filters to put my mind babies and trollfests in the pigsty and not the main page bc they aren't doing my arguments any justice.

He's saying that people shouldn't buy into the system that allows the banks to own their homes.

And by the way, your mama is entitled to her community property share.

Okaaaaaaay. What part of this statement:

"A lot of people prefer entrapment and orders and even alienation, yet there is so much within that could be teased out, and we could all surprise ourselves, but most of us prefer simple ignorance. Do you really think that you were created and placed on this planet in order to pay a mortage? "

Is NOT saying that owning a home is "entrapment" and "ignorant?" Please explain how he is not alluding to home ownership as "following orders?"

Don't even get me f***ing started on his simplification that all married people are sad and all single people are happy. Marriage is not evil. It's like saying Penguins are stupid because they mate for life, so let's just kill them.

Re: New Morrissey interview in Vogue Turkey focused on gender roles, sex and love

Morrissey not vulnerable because he has wealth? So he wasn't kidnapped in Mexico? He hasn't almost died from illnesses? His alarmed home wasn't burglarized? He hasn't been falsely accused of conspiracy?

You don't see him helping the homeless? So, he didn't empty out his mini-bar and donate it to a homeless woman on the street?

You resent him for having wealth but neglect to observe that he speaks out against the system that creates poverty and writes songs about it.

Guess who this lyric can apply to: "You become your parents' parents and you love them, but you can't help feeling used." Yep, CG. She said that her mama relies on he financially. Now CG is "despising the grin on the face of the boy with the methadone."

I was kind of thinking the same thing actually.Also, the whole living in your body thing. DUH we all live in our own body. That body is capable of being frostbitten , raped and any number of things in a life on the streets.When a person lives in the street and lies down on a sewer grate to keep warm because it is below zero outside in winter nine times out of ten that same freezing person does not have bodyguards or security people watching over them. They are exposed in a much more elemental and vulnerable way than he ever is. Additionally free love is all fine and dandy but some people don't feel like getting AIDS or std's . Some people have HPV but don't even know they have it .I just can't listen to his entitled comments. It works for him because he does not have to live a certain way. Personally I find the things he says to be infuriating.Isn't this a man who has owned more than one home? I never see him helping the homeless. People who are less fortunate have to struggle just to have any of the things they need.Someone obviously knows how to gt in touch with Mr. White Privilege or he wouldn't be able to coordinate tours which he throws hissy fits at. I find his insensitivity and snobbery appalling. He has everything he needs that I don't have a home crap is nonsense. When he does not own a home he still has shelter, a place to rest and plenty of other things at his disposal. Apparently he has no clue how real people live anymore.He also gets his medical needs met. There are people living in poverty who cannot even afford that.This is BS.

Beautifully stated, Anonymous. Maybe CG is not vulnerable to foreclosure, but not everyone is in so secure a position, which is sad because the workers produce the wealth, only for the banks to own their homes. Nice world. Real fair.

Moz only wants wage-slaves to be liberated. He's a caring and compassionate person. And intelligent too. :)

I think you're missing his point completely, which is 'what is the point of this world we live in? why this order, this way of life that we must all confirm to from the moment we are dragged into this world to the moment we're buried in or scattered across it?' People have been voting for generations and yet look, we're now in the year 2014(!) and what's on the news, day in and day out? The same old ridiculous nonsense that has been going on for decades (war, terrorism, unemployment, issues with immigration, tax rises etc.)! All these things are happening because our governments are allowing them to happen. They are the cause of them; they are the ones who have established and in many cases, continue to ensure such restrictions to a better, unified world. So where has voting gotten anyone? Sure, things have become liberated and democratic in some areas of the world but you have to think on a grander scale. As Morrissey says, there's more to life than paying your mortgage. And yet, why are you paying a mortgage in the first place? Surely something essential like shelter should be free, or at its worst, affordable for everyone?

If I'm coming across as patronising, well, I don't mean to. But if you start to think what the world would be like without a monetary system, with everybody able to have and share the same things, then you're beginning to think on the right track of a place we should be aiming towards.

He's saying that people shouldn't buy into the system that allows the banks to own their homes.

And by the way, your mama is entitled to her community property share.

They divorced the year the Smiths broke up. She drank that years ago.

And then I have mind babies which are ideas outside the box I explore using modern media as reference points as opposed to dusty old tomes.

......?

Morrissey not vulnerable because he has wealth? So he wasn't kidnapped in Mexico? He hasn't almost died from illnesses? His alarmed home wasn't burglarized? He hasn't been falsely accused of conspiracy?

You don't see him helping the homeless? So, he didn't empty out his mini-bar and donate it to a homeless woman on the street?

You resent him for having wealth but neglect to observe that he speaks out against the system that creates poverty and writes songs about it.

Guess who this lyric can apply to: "You become your parents' parents and you love them, but you can't help feeling used." Yep, CG. She said that her mama relies on he financially. Now CG is "despising the grin on the face of the boy with the methadone."

Yeah probably because he lets other people handle things for him. At this point who even knows when he is telling the truth anymore? A lot of what he says are lies. If he was so sick he would not probably be touring. Ooh his alarmed home was burglarized. Some people can't have an alarm in their home. Right because providing a homeless woman with alcohol is REALLY useful. Drink up lady. It's not shelter or a place to live or even a job but at least the strain of your reality will be alleviated by being drunk for a few hours.

Zülâl Kalkandelen: I read your wonderful interview with Linder Sterling and now want to ask the same question you asked her: “If you inhabited a female body, how would your work differ?” For example, would you pull off your shirt on stage?

Morrissey: Even quicker than I do now.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Yet he makes mention sometimes of the oversexualized singers nowadays.

I haven't noticed Moz lying and I'm the first person to call out liars. Sure you aren't imagining it? Perhaps something is squeezing your skull.

So, once sick always sick? No getting well?

You can't afford a fancy security system, but if you could give a dog a good home, you'd have a watch dog.

You knew a long time ago that Morrissey believes that the interesting drug can really help you. That's him. So, I guess he holds true to his beliefs and is not a liar.

Yeah probably because he lets other people handle things for him. At this point who even knows when he is telling the truth anymore? A lot of what he says are lies. If he was so sick he would not probably be touring. Ooh his alarmed home was burglarized. Some people can't have an alarm in their home. Right because providing a homeless woman with alcohol is REALLY useful. Drink up lady. It's not shelter or a place to live or even a job but at least the strain of your reality will be alleviated by being drunk for a few hours.

He owns a home! He lies and lies.
I't's not suprisingm i mean i found it hard to believe he hasn't had a home all these years unless he was living with someone(which i technically a home). I know there are some people who do spend there life in hotels.

I't's not suprisingm i mean i found it hard to believe he hasn't had a home all these years unless he was living with someone(which i technically a home). I know there are some people who do spend there life in hotels.

He owns a home in Switzerland.

What Moz is trying to say in the simplest of terms is that he is opposed to borders, boundaries, and binders.

Marriage, mortgages, and markers (social labels) are antithetical to those values.

What Moz is trying to say in the simplest of terms is that he is opposed to borders, boundaries, and binders.

Marriage, mortgages, and markers (social labels) are antithetical to those values.

Thanks, but I think we can do without your version of what Morrissey is "trying" to say. A woman who's completely unable to write, and uses '--' in every other sentence to break up her desultory thoughts. Your drivel is unreadable. Go away.

It's amazing how, when a major Morrissey story appears, you never have anything worthwhile to contribute. Of all the regulars here, you're the weakest link. Goodbye. Now, let's get back to talking about Morrissey and ignore this self-obsessed idiot "realitybites". "Here's to another ten years", hey? You f***wit! Go and write another blog where you fetishize Jewish people - Julie Burchill the Second!! Creepy.....
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/nov/07/god-save-jews-from-philosemitism

-Morrissey's #1 admirer
(Look people: unless you have something interesting to say about MORRISSEY then don't say anything!!!!!!! Okay!?!?)

" In reality, of course, everyone is fascinated by the sexuality of every other person, but we must all die saying nothing because life exists only under specific orders, and if we ignore those orders then we are accused. "

maybe someone out there can translate the above gibberish. EVERY person is fascinated by the sexuality of every other person. lol, i can vouch for that not being true.
hes against having to come out of the closet, is what he is. lol

"I believe foremost in humasexuality."
lol no doubt he does since he made up the concept.

Thanks, but I think we can do without your version of what Morrissey is "trying" to say. A woman who's completely unable to write, and uses '--' in every other sentence to break up her desultory thoughts. Your drivel is unreadable. Go away.

It's amazing how, when a major Morrissey story appears, you never have anything worthwhile to contribute. Of all the regulars here, you're the weakest link. Goodbye. Now, let's get back to talking about Morrissey and ignore this self-obsessed idiot "realitybites". "Here's to another ten years", hey? You f***wit! Go and write another blog where you fetishize Jewish people - Julie Burchill the Second!! Creepy.....
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/nov/07/god-save-jews-from-philosemitism

-Morrissey's #1 admirer
(Look people: unless you have something interesting to say about MORRISSEY then don't say anything!!!!!!! Okay!?!?)

If my words, my ideas, my opinions, and my values are so pathetic and irrelevant, then tell me why on earth are you reading my blog? You have to purposefully click a link to read a post. And, even if my writings rub you the wrong way, clearly you have demonstrated that I have affected you in a very profound, emotional way. You feel passionate about me. No different from the folks here who feel passionately about Morrissey--whether it is love or disdain. So thank you for letting me know that I matter to you and to this forum. I am not invisible. :)

- - - Updated - - -

" In reality, of course, everyone is fascinated by the sexuality of every other person, but we must all die saying nothing because life exists only under specific orders, and if we ignore those orders then we are accused. "

maybe someone out there can translate the above gibberish. EVERY person is fascinated by the sexuality of every other person. lol, i can vouch for that not being true.
hes against having to come out of the closet, is what he is. lol

"I believe foremost in humasexuality."
lol no doubt he does since he made up the concept.

He is asking us to be comfortable with ambiguity. Most are not.

As the title of the interview reads "Your real home is your body", i assume that he, of course, has a home, namely his body, which he, like a beautiful escargot, can carry through the world with him.

Lovely image. A snail, with or without a slime trail?

best
BB

At least somebody on here can understand very simple things. The whole website seems to have become over run with complete f***wits this week, admittedly 90% of the f***wits are Brummie Boy but the point still stands.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom