Morrissey interview in the 'Legends' issue of 'Loaded' (Feb. 2013), out tomorrow

Re: Article: Morrissey interview in the 'Legends' issue of 'Loaded' (Feb. 2013), out

Why is everyone so annoyed that Moz said he considered voting for UKIP? UKIP are NOT racist. They just don't want the UK to be controlled by Brussels. What's wrong with that? I am sick to death of Labour and Tories and I would vote UKIP if I thought the candidate had any chance of getting in. Nigel Farage is a legend and would make a better PM than 20 Camerons and Milibands put together. It is not racist to want out of the EU and it is not racist to be against an open door immigration policy. Immigration should be linked to the jobs market - if we need 20,000 doctors or teachers let 20,000 doctors or teachers in. We should have control over our borders and we should not be obliged to let any Tom, Dick or Harry live here. Also, taxes are far too high in this country. I paid over £800 in tax and NI last month and god knows how much VAT. I will never get that money back. I am a single working person. I don't get benefits or tax credits and as I am not planning to pop out any children won't be getting handouts from the state in future other than my state pension which I have paid for many times over. Why the f*** should I give a huge percentage of my earnings to prop up a load of feckless chavs & gravy train civil servants?? Farage for PM, Moz for culture secretary. End of.

Re: Article: Morrissey interview in the 'Legends' issue of 'Loaded' (Feb. 2013), out

So, you can't supply specifics, but you're happy to trash this place based on YOUR opinion. You'd be an appalling witness in court.

P.

I'm sorry, I didn't realise I wasn't entitled to my own opinion. As you're one of the chief henchmen of this cesspit, you should know full well how rotten this place is without me having to dig up all the vicious nasty things people say on an hourly basis here. When even the 'mods' are calling you idiots, it's a bit uncivilized, isn't it?

Lucky we're not in court, then. Who the f*** are you, Judge Judy?

Show off my feminist 'credentials' (which i havent mentioned)? Well there's a voice from the patriarchy who's never had to bother fighting for what he believes in.

I mocked you, not because you're female, but because you're a f***wit.

By agreeing to be interviewed by Loaded, Morrissey is helping to line the pockets of a publication that reasserts and reaffirms the kind of hegemonic masculinity that feminists (and Morrissey) have, reasonably enough, always been against. Yet despite your interminable rants against "patriarchy", you're happy to overlook that particular fact. You're a joke.

How do I sound 14 for saying I will always love Morrissey?

Because, although you're in your 30s, you continue to be completely in awe of a celebrity. Get over it, get some critical faculties, and get some principles.

Oh no, you just don't like me, anonymous (what u scared of? Can't think of a decent name?) because ive had political opinions on here which could never be tolerated.

You're an embarrassment to feminism. I don't dislike you, I just think you're a f***ing moron.

Why is everyone so annoyed that Moz said he considered voting for UKIP? UKIP are NOT racist. They just don't want the UK to be controlled by Brussels. What's wrong with that? I am sick to death of Labour and Tories and I would vote UKIP if I thought the candidate had any chance of getting in. Nigel Farage is a legend and would make a better PM than 20 Camerons and Milibands put together. It is not racist to want out of the EU and it is not racist to be against an open door immigration policy. Immigration should be linked to the jobs market - if we need 20,000 doctors or teachers let 20,000 doctors or teachers in. We should have control over our borders and we should not be obliged to let any Tom, Dick or Harry live here. Also, taxes are far too high in this country. I paid over £800 in tax and NI last month and god knows how much VAT. I will never get that money back. I am a single working person. I don't get benefits or tax credits and as I am not planning to pop out any children won't be getting handouts from the state in future other than my state pension which I have paid for many times over. Why the f*** should I give a huge percentage of my earnings to prop up a load of feckless chavs & gravy train civil servants?? Farage for PM, Moz for culture secretary. End of.

For f***'s sake, go to bed, Mum.

By agreeing to be interviewed by Loaded, Morrissey is helping to line the pockets of a publication that reasserts and reaffirms the kind of hegemonic masculinity that feminists (and Morrissey) have, reasonably enough, always been against. Yet despite your interminable rants against "patriarchy", you're happy to overlook that particular fact. You're a joke.

Because, although you're in your 30s, you continue to be completely in awe of a celebrity. Get over it, get some critical faculties, and get some principles.

You're an embarrassment to feminism. I don't dislike you, I just think you're a f***ing moron.

beautifully put, thank you

Uncleskinny; fancy doing anything about someone calling me a f***wit and a moron here, or is it just going to be 'can't mod, won't mod' as usual. Bring back Kewpie, all is forgiven.

The aspects of feminism I'm interested in are stopping rape and violence against women, equal rights, equal pay and so on. I couldn't give a shit about Page 3 or Loaded magazine. It's just a magazine for teenage boys. I care about things that really matter; ie. two women a week being killed by their partners, so forgive me if I don't throw my hands up in the air about f***ing Loaded magazine, I didn't even think it still existed.

I'm not 'in awe' of Morrissey; I'm not in awe of anyone. I just love him. Because of the reasons I've stated.

I do dislike you, because you're a cowardly, anonymous troll. I'm an embarrassment to feminism? I'm not the poster girl for it, so never mind. You can't take my opinion away from me, and you can't take Morrissey's opinions away from him, so tough shit.

Great. He's a celebrity entertainer and makes up pop songs, therefore, he's morally entitled to tens of millions of pounds. Meanwhile, back in the real world, approximately 20% of the UK's population live in a condition of absolute poverty.

Now you really are a f***wit. He's earnt ever penny by being successful. It's hardly his fault If people live in poverty: it's the government's. I've never heard such a stupid statement in my life.

Uncleskinny; fancy doing anything about someone calling me a f***wit and a moron here, or is it just going to be 'can't mod, won't mod' as usual. Bring back Kewpie, all is forgiven.

The aspects of feminism I'm interested in are stopping rape and violence against women, equal rights, equal pay and so on. I couldn't give a shit about Page 3 or Loaded magazine. It's just a magazine for teenage boys. I care about things that really matter; ie. two women a week being killed by their partners, so forgive me if I don't throw my hands up in the air about f***ing Loaded magazine, I didn't even think it still existed.

I'm not 'in awe' of Morrissey; I'm not in awe of anyone. I just love him. Because of the reasons I've stated.

I do dislike you, because you're a cowardly, anonymous troll. I'm an embarrassment to feminism? I'm not the poster girl for it, so never mind. You can't take my opinion away from me, and you can't take Morrissey's opinions away from him, so tough shit.

If you don't like a post, report it, then we can see how many rules it breaks and take appropriate actions. All people using those words are doing, myself included, is expressing an opinion. You may not like it, but you're free to fire back with your opinion using whatever words you like, as you have done precisely in the post directly above this using the same word at someone in the same way you were angry about. Do you want to get angry at yourself for doing so? I don't see any rules being broken.

Also, here's an article, from today's papers, about those lovely people at UKIP...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ugly-face-of-ukip-sunday-mirror-1531879

P.

Last edited:

If you don't like a post, report it, then we can see how many rules it breaks and take appropriate actions. All people using those words are doing, myself included, is expressing an opinion. You may not like it, but you're free to fire back with your opinion using whatever words you like, as you have done precisely in the post directly above this using the same word at someone in the same way you were angry about. Do you want to get angry at yourself for doing so? I don't see any rules being broken.

Also, here's an article, from today's papers, about those lovely people at UKIP...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ugly-face-of-ukip-sunday-mirror-1531879

P.

Thanks for the link shedding light on UKIP. And that's just for starters. And doesn't explore the snobbery and class hatred that they spew day in day out.

As for starstruck 32-year-old LuvMozzy, sorry, I didn't even know you were male or female. This is my first time on this forum in about five years and, plus, the concept didn't even enter my mind as it's irrelevant to this conversation.

As for the chap (lady?) who said that they've had enough of paying tax and that there's little point in paying tax... Just hope that :1) you never turn old and frail and in need of care; 2) you never get ill and in need of care and treatment; 3) you never collapse while doing your shopping ; 4) your house is never on fire; 5) you never lose your job or your business never goes bust; 6) you never lose the plot; 7) you're never the victim of a crime; 8) you're never in need of public transport. And the list goes on...Also, I know it pains, but replace the word "you" with "the people around you" such as friends and family.

Alternatively, you can read up on the subject instead of being "flippant" like His Majesty M. here, and learn that countries super low rate of taxation are not doing so well. ie Bangladesh. If you want to be a millionaire and pay 25% tops, move to Bangladesh. Or Cambodia (20%). Or Nigeria (25%) See how you like social cohesion and public services there. To quote US Senator Elizabeth Warren:

<i>"There is nobody in this country who got rich on his own – nobody. ... You moved your goods to market on the roads the rest of us paid for; you hired workers the rest of us paid to educate; you were safe in your factory because of police forces and fire forces that the rest of us paid for. You didn't have to worry that marauding bands would come and seize everything at your factory, and hire someone to protect against this, because of the work the rest of us did. Now look, you built a factory and it turned into something terrific, or a great idea. God bless – keep a big hunk of it. But part of the underlying social contract is, you take a hunk of that and pay forward for the next kid who comes along."</i>

The subjugation of women - their victimhood and their economic disadvantage - is, in large part, a consequence of the kind of gender stereotypes perpetuated by publications like Loaded, you f***ing dunce.

I'm not sure how you can "love" someone you don't even know.

Are you sure you're not fourteen?

Now you really are a f***wit. He's earnt ever penny by being successful. It's hardly his fault If people live in poverty: it's the government's. I've never heard such a stupid statement in my life.

'According to the ethos of capitalism, a person's position in the class structure reflects his/her importance to the functioning of society [...]. Each person's income is supposed to be a monetary quantification of their individual worth which, again, is supposedly determined by the contribution that they make to the life of the wider community. What contribution does Morrissey make to our world, though? He sings songs. Granted, he has to write the lyrics to them first, but even so, what he does is, he stands on a stage and he sings songs... ...for a living. He gets to travel the world, singing his songs to thousands of people who respond by hanging on his every word, telling him they love him and generally treating him like God. Back-breaking stuff.

Blasphemous though it is, I can think of a variety of professions more valuable than pop singers. Not only are they more valuable as people, but I reckon they probably work harder too. To take just a couple examples: the average qualified nurse is paid less than £30,000 per annum and a primary school teacher is on just slightly more. If a firefighter were to work for seven hundred years, s/he still wouldn't be able to accumulate £20 million. Now, I dunno about you, but as far as I'm concerned, in a competition between someone who, as part of their job description, saves people's lives - literally - and someone who makes commodified leisure products for the entertainment industry, I know which one I think "earns" their money.'

No. Morrissey and Linder are frauds. And the people who did not want to publish Linder's art back in the 1970s were right and saw right through her.
You have to be careful if you use the word "feminists", because the word can use two very different things. It is also used by people who think in stereotypes, the typical dichotomy. You get those a lot on this website. And they'll tell you that women posing for magazines like this one are supposedly liberated. It is quite fitting that the Morrissey article is right behind a woman climbing around a piano. His support bands and his Linder friend are little prostitutes like this as well. Funny how Linder has a problem with women baking cakes. Makes you wonder how she managed to get so fat. Baked cakes maybe? Baking cakes is of course a problem, while selling your body to lots of men of course is not. What screwed up thinking.

But Farage says he has no time for racists in his party in the article? Perhaps the Mirror could do an expose on the number of Tory councillorss with similar views, or the amount of Labour councillors with convictions for sexual abuse offences or the Unionist parties links with paramilitary groups?

But Farage says he has no time for racists in his party in the article? Perhaps the Mirror could do an expose on the number of Tory councillorss with similar views, or the amount of Labour councillors with convictions for sexual abuse offences or the Unionist parties links with paramilitary groups?

Nice bit of X-rate whataboutery there. At the moment we're discussing UKIP and the xenophobia, homophobia and racism of its members here. We're not drafting a dissertation on each one of the other parties. As for Farage and others saying that they're "racists", even Nick Griffin and the BNP say that. No-one but the most deranged neo-nazi extremist would openly and publicly call themselves a racist. So that kind of disclaimer is not particularly meaningful.

They could and, perhaps, should do that, but since Morrissey isn't declaring his admiration/support for any of those parties, I'm not sure why it'd be relevant here.

'According to the ethos of capitalism, a person's position in the class structure reflects his/her importance to the functioning of society [...]. Each person's income is supposed to be a monetary quantification of their individual worth which, again, is supposedly determined by the contribution that they make to the life of the wider community. What contribution does Morrissey make to our world, though? He sings songs. Granted, he has to write the lyrics to them first, but even so, what he does is, he stands on a stage and he sings songs... ...for a living. He gets to travel the world, singing his songs to thousands of people who respond by hanging on his every word, telling him they love him and generally treating him like God. Back-breaking stuff.

Blasphemous though it is, I can think of a variety of professions more valuable than pop singers. Not only are they more valuable as people, but I reckon they probably work harder too. To take just a couple examples: the average qualified nurse is paid less than £30,000 per annum and a primary school teacher is on just slightly more. If a firefighter were to work for seven hundred years, s/he still wouldn't be able to accumulate £20 million. Now, I dunno about you, but as far as I'm concerned, in a competition between someone who, as part of their job description, saves people's lives - literally - and someone who makes commodified leisure products for the entertainment industry, I know which one I think "earns" their money.'

Morrissey has had a big influence on modern 'Western' popular culture. Perhaps its too early to quantify whether that will be a lasting one. I agree that the vapid fiscal worship of the celebrity/ entertainment industry is sickening, certainly in comparison to people who do more worthwhile societal jobs but Morrissey (and The Smiths) are culturally influential phenomenon. Unlike other people who make commodified leisure products for the entertainment industry. It's all subjective of course but have artists, writers, directors and composers through the ages made "commodified leisure products" or art?

And Man Utd fans probably aren't complaining about Van Persie's astronomical salary this season and today. Even those Utd fans who work in the NHS or the emergency services.

Morrissey has had a big influence on modern 'Western' popular culture. Perhaps its too early to quantify whether that will be a lasting one. I agree that the vapid fiscal worship of the celebrity/ entertainment industry is sickening, certainly in comparison to people who do more worthwhile societal jobs but Morrissey (and The Smiths) are culturally influential phenomenon. Unlike other people who make commodified leisure products for the entertainment industry. It's all subjective of course but have artists, writers, directors and composers through the ages made "commodified leisure products" or art?

Culturally influential? Even if this were true (and I don't see any evidence that it is, beyond the trivial world of pop music), I'd have to ask: so what? When fans talk about their preferred pop idols as "artists" and their products as "art", aren't they just trying to dignify their ongoing sentimental attachment to something that they should've outgrown with the passing of adolescence?

And Man Utd fans probably aren't complaining about Van Persie's astronomical salary this season and today. Even those Utd fans who work in the NHS or the emergency services.

You're almost certainly right about that, but the absence of popular criticism reflects only the depoliticisation of politics.

I hope Morrissey feels suitably embarrassed by the UKIP exposé. Very timely.

Back
Top Bottom