Morrissey interview in the 'Legends' issue of 'Loaded' (Feb. 2013), out tomorrow

Re: Article: Morrissey interview in the 'Legends' issue of 'Loaded' (Feb. 2013), out

That's one heavy interview. A verbal machine-gun assault with practically none left standing. He's wielding his critical Excalibur almost to the point of excess. A little lightness would be welcome amid the slaughter.

The bit when he lays into David Beckham because of his English and his accent bothers me A LOT. More than the pathetic and Partridgesque chips malarky (which bothers UK readers the most as we tend to be, generally, allergic to grandeur). How can you mock someone because he comes from a very working class background, mother hairdresser and dad kitchen fitter from a rundown part of London? Who the f*** are you Morrissey, to look down on him because of the way he speaks? Get off that high horse will you?

And...as for the VERY SELECTIVE..."Morrissey doesn't mean it, he speaks through hyperbole, etc"...: a) *if it was true* wouldn't it be condescending and contrite to expect the world to decipher every breath he takes? ....and b) how exactly does that work? Who decides what he means and what is a windup? How do the kool-aid Morrissey fanatics decide whether his vegetarianism and his alleged anti-Monarchy feelings aren't just a wind-up, but is Eurohobia and admiration for a homophobic UK right wing party leader are? Says who?

Re: Article: Morrissey interview in the 'Legends' issue of 'Loaded' (Feb. 2013), out

Yes. Scary. Blind devotion.

The scary stuff is that such people have a right to vote!

See, I'd have more respect for someone with the guts to say..."you know what? Good old Mozza's is bang on the money. Europe is shit...we need a party even more right wing then the Tories...homophobic parties are good...f*c* helping poorer countries...the rich should pay less tax...take the p**s out of people with a working class accent, etc".

All ideas I personally abhor, but at least I'd say, ok, you believe in something, let's have it. Let's discuss you right-wing ejit, let's tell each other to f*ck off, whatever, at least let's question something.

But to hear alleged grown ups scarily going on about infallible idols whose poo smells of roses and, glaze eyed, "I don't care what people say, it smells of roses and Morrissey will never have diarrhea just because I say so and because he wrote some good lyrics and he means so much to me" is just that. SCARY. Like a horror film.
I don't know about you guys, but it really sends shivers down my spine.

Have we finished gang-bashing LuvMozzy yet ? I think the point's been made ...

Kool Aid. Jonestown. Words that spring to mind.

You don't really love him, then, do you? You're in love with a hero-image of him that you have in your mind, where he's essentially frozen in time and given an eternal 'pass' for whatever he says or does because he wrote "I've Changed My Plea to Guilty" or "Last Night I Dreamt....". If it makes you happy to think that way, sure, but I don't see how that enables you to criticise people who still try to engage with Morrissey as a real person and address his public statements accordingly. Clearly, he could support Nazism and it wouldn't change shit for you. That doesn't make people who try to be objective, evil.

Bravo! :thumb:

Well you can feel sorry for me... My relationship with Morrissey will never change. Ps. I wasnt saying I found racist remarks hilarious; just that I find his interviews hilarious. Half if the crap he says is just to get in the papers.

You're are delusional!

Good luck to you too cos if Morrissey was a religion youd be first against the wall. ;)

:squiffy: What does this even mean?

The bit when he lays into David Beckham because of his English and his accent bothers me A LOT. More than the pathetic and Partridgesque chips malarky (which bothers UK readers the most as we tend to be, generally, allergic to grandeur). How can you mock someone because he comes from a very working class background, mother hairdresser and dad kitchen fitter from a rundown part of London? Who the f*** are you Morrissey, to look down on him because of the way he speaks? Get off that high horse will you?

And...as for the VERY SELECTIVE..."Morrissey doesn't mean it, he speaks through hyperbole, etc"...: a) *if it was true* wouldn't it be condescending and contrite to expect the world to decipher every breath he takes? ....and b) how exactly does that work? Who decides what he means and what is a windup? How do the kool-aid Morrissey fanatics decide whether his vegetarianism and his alleged anti-Monarchy feelings aren't just a wind-up, but is Eurohobia and admiration for a homophobic UK right wing party leader are? Says who?

That's it in a nutshell.

I do know how you feel. But there's no point sitting on the fence and grumbling. Either cut him off or say, oh, this is how he is now, and I can't change it. He's still a witty man. If its worth it to you. It is to me, but I do understand why others feel more strongly. I have issues I feel very strongly about so I do get it. But I know in his heart he's a good person and still the same.

So you admit you understand why others are upset with his comments. You just don't want us to vocalize our criticisms. We should all just pretend the giant elephant in the room doesn't exist?!

Last edited:

It wasn't gang-bashing. It was defending ourselves/positions against his original ad hominem attack, which although directed at Uncleskinny, still applies to many others as well--including myself.

See, I'd have more respect for someone with the guts to say..."you know what? Good old Mozza's is bang on the money. Europe is shit...we need a party even more right wing then the Tories...homophobic parties are good...f*c* helping poorer countries...the rich should pay less tax...take the p**s out of people with a working class accent, etc".

All ideas I personally abhor, but at least I'd say, ok, you believe in something, let's have it. Let's discuss you right-wing ejit, let's tell each other to f*ck off, whatever, at least let's question something.

But to hear alleged grown ups scarily going on about infallible idols whose poo smells of roses and, glaze eyed, "I don't care what people say, it smells of roses and Morrissey will never have diarrhea just because I say so and because he wrote some good lyrics and he means so much to me" is just that. SCARY. Like a horror film.
What is even scarier is just how common this mindset can be found not only here but in many places of worship across the globe. People don't want to be accountable to their own ideas and thoughts so they latch on to a leader/spirit guide who will think for them. Then they toss out all critical thinking abilities--not that they ever had any to begin with--and truly do become sheep following a shepherd. That is why he claims his fandom as a kind of religion. It is. But a dangerous and unhealthy one at that.

It's fine by me if Morrissey wants to declare support for a racist & homophobic political party.

Why?

Because he's not a politician, he's a musician. Why should I give two f***s who he supports any more than I should give them to who the guy who served me chips this morning supports?

Morrissey however, deserves all the shit he gets from a mod of this website after he threw the owner of said website out of a concert because of his opinions. Morrissey should consider calling his next album 'Pots & Kettles of the Tormentors'.

I'm an atheist, but nice try. I don't idolise anyone or anything.

P.

Except the poor boy with sorry tragic career and coloured hair - Marr.

we'll let you know

Morrissey however, deserves all the shit he gets from a mod of this website after he threw the owner of said website out of a concert because of his opinions. Morrissey should consider calling his next album 'Pots & Kettles of the Tormentors'.

Did he really? When was that? some of us are not up to scratch with Morrisseyland. Can you fill us in? If true, again, appalling...

Except the poor boy with sorry tragic career and coloured hair - Marr.

we'll let you know

Bloody hell its wheel again !! GO AWAY the game is up the joke is no longer funny, go and pester the blue rose mob!!!!

we'll let you know

Show off my feminist 'credentials' (which i havent mentioned)? Well there's a voice from the patriarchy who's never had to bother fighting for what he believes in. How do I sound 14 for saying I will always love Morrissey? I'm loyal. And a 14 year old's opinion about music isn't to be dismissed either. Oh no, you just don't like me, anonymous (what u scared of? Can't think of a decent name?) because ive had political opinions on here which could never be tolerated. This is least female friendly message board I've ever known. But then it's full of people who hate Morrissey, so there you go.

So now you want to take away my right to vote?! This shit goes deep! Don't worry: I don't vote because they're all dickheads and the lizards always get in. You can sleep easy at night now.

Haha cheers, I don't mind. :) I o ky here about once a year for a disagreement. Appreciate it, though. :)

Show off my feminist 'credentials' (which i havent mentioned)? Well there's a voice from the patriarchy who's never had to bother fighting for what he believes in. How do I sound 14 for saying I will always love Morrissey? I'm loyal. And a 14 year old's opinion about music isn't to be dismissed either. Oh no, you just don't like me, anonymous (what u scared of? Can't think of a decent name?) because ive had political opinions on here which could never be tolerated. This is least female friendly message board I've ever known. But then it's full of people who hate Morrissey, so there you go.

Hurrah! This place is FULL OF PEOPLE WHO HATE MORRISSEY! Is this a broad-brush statement, or would you mind linking to some posts to back this revelation up? Remember, you said it's FULL of those people. Once again you are focussing on non-specifics that support you agenda, and missing everything else. So, let's have some specifics to back up your statement.

P.

Last edited:

Bravo! :thumb:

You're are delusional!

:squiffy: What does this even mean?

That's it in a nutshell.

So you admit you understand why others are upset with his comments. You just don't want us to vocalize our criticisms. We should all just pretend the giant elephant in the room doesn't exist?!

Vocalise away; I just don't see why you bother. Cut him off or accept him for who is is - now.

What is even scarier is just how common this mindset can be found not only here but in many places of worship across the globe. People don't want to be accountable to their own ideas and thoughts so they latch on to a leader/spirit guide who will think for them. Then they toss out all critical thinking abilities--not that they ever had any to begin with--and truly do become sheep following a shepherd. That is why he claims his fandom as a kind of religion. It is. But a dangerous and unhealthy one at that.

I was joking about that, FFS.

Hurrah! This place is FULL OF PEOPLE WHO HATE MORRISSEY! Is this a broad-brush statement, or would you mind linking to some posts to back this revelation up? Remember, you said it's FULL of those people. Once again you are focussing on non-specifics that support you agenda, and missiong everything else. So, let's have some specifics to back up your statement.

P.

I'm not linking you to something you know full well is true. My agenda is being a Morrissey fan. I come here and it makes my heart sink, so I don't come here anymore often. Do you how many decent people you've lost (5am springs to mind) because of the bad feeling and misogyny on this board? It's sad because I want a new girl to meet her Morrissey man on here like I did. But if I came here single now, I'd just walk straight back out. It's poisoned.

I'm not linking you to something you know full well is true. My agenda is being a Morrissey fan. I come here and it makes my heart sink, so I don't come here anymore often. Do you how many decent people you've lost (5am springs to mind) because of the bad feeling and misogyny on this board? It's sad because I want a new girl to meet her Morrissey man on here like I did. But if I came here single now, I'd just walk straight back out. It's poisoned.

So, you can't supply specifics, but you're happy to trash this place based on YOUR opinion. You'd be an appalling witness in court.

P.

Back
Top Bottom