Morrissey interview in the 'Legends' issue of 'Loaded' (Feb. 2013), out tomorrow

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2013 (read-only)' started by joe frady, Jan 8, 2013.

By joe frady on Jan 8, 2013 at 10:50 PM
  1. joe frady

joe frady Vile Refusenik

UPDATE Jan. 9:

joe frady has posted scans of the interview with Ian Edmondson in the comments section.

Link posted by Bluebirds:

'Posh and Becks should be dragged to the edge of the village and flogged': Morrissey's scathing attack on the Beckhams - Daily Mail Online

Link posted by MORRIZSEY:

Morrissey has been an angry embarrassment to his fans for years. Who cares what he thinks about Ukip? by Nadia Khomami - The Telegraph

I nearly voted for Ukip, says Morrissey by Alice Philipson - The Telegraph

Apparently Morrissey features in the 'Legends' issue of 'Loaded' magazine, out tomorrow. All-new, 10 page interview.

loaded_201302.jpg

[​IMG]

Yes, Gerard Butler and David Haye are legends too. Stop laughing.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2013 (read-only)' started by joe frady, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Uncleskinny
      Uncleskinny
    2. mcrickson
      mcrickson
      Re: Morrissey is 'Loaded' ~ out tomorrow. Phwoaaarr! etc...

I wonder why they're using pictures from 2004 if it's a brand new interview. Maybe he didn't agree to a new photoshoot.
      Regardless, 10 pages - there's bound to be at least a few good moments. Look forward to reading this.
    3. Anonymous
      Anonymous

Don't be ripped off read it in the shop and then pop it back on the shelf cause there'll be nothing new just the same old wishy-washy-watery-gruel he likes to serve up.
    4. Mrs. Phyllis Torgo
      Mrs. Phyllis Torgo

Pink Floyd don't have anything to do with pop music. I don't understand the quote...
    5. mcrickson
      mcrickson

I wasn't planning on buying it, I was just going to wait until someone who did feel like getting ripped off generously provided us all with a scan :)
    6. Uncleskinny
      Uncleskinny
      So I just got this, and there's a lot more, errr, naked ladies than I recall from years ago. In fact one fine specimen of a lady is over the cover from the first page of the article. Wonder if the scan will pick it up?
    7. joe frady
      joe frady

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
    8. Uncleskinny
      Uncleskinny

Brilliant. And not a tit in sight. :thumb:

P.
    9. celibate
      celibate
      thanks for the scan, have to read it trice at least, to comment on the intervieuw

thx a lot
    10. Uncleskinny
      Uncleskinny

I found this quotation interesting - "I nearly voted for UKIP - I like Nigel Farage a great deal."

P.
    11. 123xyz
      123xyz

Hmm , you say it as though that's a good thing ... ?
    12. Bluebirds
      Bluebirds

Yes me too I wonder whether Morrissey votes by proxy? I once had a fag with Nigel Farage outside Heathrow T2 at 5.40am at half-time in the Wales vs Samoa Rugby World Cup pool game. He reminded of a cross between Mark E Smith and Toad from Toad Hall (NB I didn't say Frog)

Thanks to whomever scanned the mag. Is Lucy Pinder in it?
    13. Ben Budd
      Ben Budd

well that's the final straw I needed. bye bye everyone, it's been great.
    14. 123xyz
      123xyz

Fuck , he's great , isn't he ? Disagree completely with his ideas about foreign aid and taxation but the sheer forthrightness of his views , the impassioned , indeed aggressive, concern for most of the marginalised ... fantastic interview with two clearly intelligent gents .
      Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
    15. Kewpie
      Kewpie

joe, thank you very much for posting the scans. :)

I wonder he would support UKIP if the party leader was Kilroy-Silk.
    16. Helen
      Helen

This interview makes me feel so sad. It's incredible how out of touch he is. No more foreign aid, despite the UK being one of the wealthiest countries on the planet? Bring back old-fashioned buses because they're "English"? Well... when was the last time you got on a bus, Morrissey? And when you did, were you in a wheelchair or did you have a pushchair? No, course not, but hey, let's have buses that the people who actually need to use them CAN'T ACCESS because it's "little ol' England" for the benefit of some old git who lives in Los Angeles and has rose-tinted spectacles stapled to his face. And UKIP? Oh, that'd be the homophobic racists, wouldn't it? But anything for little old England. (yet while dissing Europe and apparently supporting UKIP, he lionises Germany. Which is... erm... where is it again? Oh, wouldn't that be in Europe? Mein Gott, I do believe it is! And we all know how fucking AWESOME Germany is, because they don't have a pesky minimum wage over there. Brilliant). And yes, those terrible Tories, the worse thing they do, according to Morrissey, is support blood sports and the royal family. Never mind their screwing of the working class (and basically everyone who isn't a millionaire). Oh, and in case you didn't know, Morrissey hates the Beckhams. How very 2001.

Just when you think he's had all he's had to say in the realm of completely crazy bollocks that he only seems to come out with to be controversial and get column inches, keeping himself in the public eye long enough to try for another record deal, he comes out with EVEN MORE!

I still love his music, but FUCK ME SIDEWAYS it's been embarrassing being a fan of this total pillock's music for a very long time.
    17. 123xyz
      123xyz

I agree with you about the foreign aid aspect ( i.e. surely foreign aid should be seen as a return of some of the spoils) but was the rest really so horrible ? Germany's welfare system is far more equitable than the UK's.

I think Moz has mentioned , on a number of occasions , the unfairness of the Tories ( which is surely his point when berating Thatcher[ism]) policies beyond their fetishisation of royalty and blood sports. I imagine that's one of the main reasons he's ( apparently) so enamoured of the Hard Cold Fish track which precedes all his recent performances.

I don't know that he's necessarily obliged to think through every single contingency related to a sentimental attachment to "ye olde" buses. Hence , I don't really understand your animosity about that in particular.

How odd - I feel as though we were reading two different interviews. "Pillock" was the last thing that came to my mind ...
    18. Uncleskinny
      Uncleskinny

Could that be the same Nigel Farage who was happy to have extreme right-wing nutjobs as candidates, and pose for photos with them?

http://edlnews.co.uk/index.php/late...ed-ukip-candidate-and-edl-supporter-kim-gandy

And could that be the same Nigel Farage who only today sacked the UKIP youth leader for giving an interview supporting Gay marriage?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...cked-for-supporting-gay-marriage-8444330.html

P.
      Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
    19. Mr Reynolds
      Mr Reynolds
      Re: Article: Morrissey interview in the 'Legends' issue of 'Loaded' (Feb. 2013), out

Oh dear. He really does come across as incredibly naive doesn't he. I am losing patience. And that comes from a patient man....